2021 Trade Deadline Thread April 12, 3pm ET

Chimaira_Devil_#9

11 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Wait really?  They outlawed that?

But these cap-strapped teams can use intermediary teams to completely circumvent the cap, hokay then.

#65: Trade Conditions Making it More Onerous for an Acquiring Club to Re-Sign a Player

Clubs shall not be permitted to include as a condition in the Trade of a Player(“Traded Player”)from one Club (“Trading Club”) to another Club(“Acquiring Club”), a modification to the compensation exchanged between the Trading Club and the Acquiring Club, either in the event: (i) that a Club signs the Traded Player to an NHL SPC, or (ii) of the subsequent Assignment of the Traded Player by the Acquiring Club. The restriction in (i) shall only be applicable when the Traded Player has a current or future NHL SPC at the time of the Trade.

https://media.nhl.com/site/asset/public/ext/NHLPA_NHL_MOU.pdf

Edited by Crisis
  • Thanks 1

Hall is fvckin complete douche.
He has his want money, he has cup contender, he didnt give a normal chance to capitalize him for buffalo. And he understood everything perfectly in advance. While everyone joked that he chose Buffalo - he chose both the money and the opportunity to play in contender. Later. And he's not even shy about admitting it, he's not shy about putting Buffalo in a position where they'll do exactly what he wants. At the same time, he did not give Buffalo what was expected from him, did not achieve the result for which he was paid.

I'm so glad we didn't sign it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Hall is fvckin complete douche.
He has his want money, he has cup contender, he didnt give a normal chance to capitalize him for buffalo. And he understood everything perfectly in advance. While everyone joked that he chose Buffalo - he chose both the money and the opportunity to play in contender. Later. And he's not even shy about admitting it, he's not shy about putting Buffalo in a position where they'll do exactly what he wants. At the same time, he did not give Buffalo what was expected from him, did not achieve the result for which he was paid.

I'm so glad we didn't sign it.

I mean can't really blame Hall.  If you are Buffalo and want an opportunity to get the best return don't give him an NMC. You hand them out people are going to use them. 

If you were Hall and the Senators made Buffalo an offer and so did Boston, you are going to use that NMC every day of the week. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I mean can't really blame Hall.  If you are Buffalo and want an opportunity to get the best return don't give him an NMC. You hand them out people are going to use them. 

If you were Hall and the Senators made Buffalo an offer and so did Boston, you are going to use that NMC every day of the week. 

There is such a thing as ethics. There are things that you should at least keep quiet about.
He went to Buffalo in advance for statistics and for the opportunity to be traded to the contender in which he wants, he got the best money in Buffalo. He gave neither the game nor the result. The Buffalo were worse off with Hall than they were. They paid the money and couldn't even capitalize on Hall. I don't think Ottawa fought for Hall. Other near play-off teams competed for him. But Hall went where he wanted to go. He got the money he wanted. And play in the contender, in what he wants.
And the fact that he decided to use Buffalo, he does not even hide. It's a smart move, a thoughtful move. But he's an _sshole anyway.

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

There is such a thing as ethics. There are things that you should at least keep quiet about.
He went to Buffalo in advance for statistics and for the opportunity to be traded to the contender in which he wants, he got the best money in Buffalo. He gave neither the game nor the result. The Buffalo were worse off with Hall than they were. They paid the money and couldn't even capitalize on Hall. I don't think Ottawa fought for Hall. Other near play-off teams competed for him. But Hall went where he wanted to go. He got the money he wanted. And play in the contender, in what he wants.
And the fact that he decided to use Buffalo, he does not even hide. It's a smart move, a thoughtful move. But he's an _sshole anyway.

Come on the Sabers knew this when they signed him to a one year deal. It was mutually beneficial. Admittedly they would have liked more in terms of performance and also eventual return , but they must have known how this would shake out if their season fell apart. 

This really makes me question Halls mentality. You are a Hart trophy winner who is being paid $9 million a year, of course you are going to be a focal point. 

Obviously doesn't like the level of expectation and pressure being the guy who has a team built around him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Come on the Sabers knew this when they signed him to a one year deal. It was mutually beneficial. Admittedly they would have liked more in terms of performance and also eventual return , but they must have known how this would shake out if their season fell apart. 

I understand how this happened. That doesn't mean I'm going to justify it. Without this clause, without a large sum, he would not have signed up. He had an opportunity in his contract to f#ck the club - he made the most of it. Did he break anything? No. Is he an _sshole champ? Yes.

Devils have problems with his "I will see how things go" story. "I can't hear you"-hand story. After he moved out, devils start to play better. Coyotes were better before and after hall`s time in the club. Buffalo were not a great team, but they were not compete trash like they were this season, and now this big story he telled by his own big lips. He may be a tenfold talented hockey player, but he will not stop being a cancer for the team.

I'm just happy we didn't sign him.

He act "не по-пацански". Not like a man. Organizations should boycott him. But they want to make money despite the problems around Hall as a person. But in the end, they only lose assets and money.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I understand how this happened. That doesn't mean I'm going to justify it. Without this clause, without a large sum, he would not have signed up. He had an opportunity in his contract to f#ck the club - he made the most of it. Did he break anything? No. Is he an _sshole champ? Yes.

There are plenty of times in the past where I have thought Hall was being a bit of an a$$hole. But this is not one of them. Agree to disagree I guess. 

8 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

This really makes me question Halls mentality. You are a Hart trophy winner who is being paid $9 million a year, of course you are going to be a focal point. 

Obviously doesn't like the level of expectation and pressure being the guy who has a team built around him. 

So basically he wants the focal point cash but not the focal point expectations. Yeah that's pretty douchey 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, MB3 said:

So, I think there's a good chance a team will offer a 1st round pick for Miles Wood. He's scoring, he's gritty, he's fast as hell and he's signed through next season at a tiny cap hit. 

Is it crazy that I think I'd rather have Miles Wood than another 1st? He's one of those a$$holes you really want on your side. 

I also don't think it's wise to get another first pick for Wood.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So, I think there's a good chance a team will offer a 1st round pick for Miles Wood. He's scoring, he's gritty, he's fast as hell and he's signed through next season at a tiny cap hit. 

Is it crazy that I think I'd rather have Miles Wood than another 1st? He's one of those a$$holes you really want on your side. 

No it’s not crazy. We need more Miles Woods. We don’t need any more first round picks.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

Yeah unless you're talking like, a top-10 pick (which I don't think would be on the table) I think you've gotta keep Wood around.

That sentence would sound batsh!t insane if I wrote it last year or even two years ago, but right now he's definitely become a prominent part of this team.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Vats claimed by Dallas

I saw this. Saw Devs waive him, he goes through not claimed.............Devs play him last night................and he gets claimed today?

We he "re-waived" again or is it a perpetual thing?

Due to flat cap the returns on a lot of players are unsurprisingly underwhelming.  I am wondering what round and what condition(s) the Kulikov trade is.  I am expecting a 5th rounder that may turn into a 4th based on the condition.

I also do not believe for a second the Devils couldn't get even a 7th rounder from someone around the league for Vatanen.  Instead we lose him for absolutely nothing on waivers.  Yet another example of bad asset management by the Devils.

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Fully expecting Blackwood's GAA to take an absolute hammering down the final stretch. 

His numbers have already been pretty bad since coming back from covid anyway. Currently at a .903 SV% and 3.07 GAA. Scott Wedgewood actually has better stats in both categories...

17 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I'm sure signing with NJ just to get moved at the deadline is a major reason why so many players want to sign here

I think it's another critical reason why we have to turn the corner and move away from being a bottom feeder which guarantees you're going to be a seller this time of year. Vets that come here on a one year deal know that if they perform the odds of them ending the season in a better situation are very good.  For us stocking picks doesn't cut it.

7 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Due to flat cap the returns on a lot of players are unsurprisingly underwhelming.  I am wondering what round and what condition(s) the Kulikov trade is.  I am expecting a 5th rounder that may turn into a 4th based on the condition.

I also do not believe for a second the Devils couldn't get even a 7th rounder from someone around the league for Vatanen.  Instead we lose him for absolutely nothing on waivers.  Yet another example of bad asset management by the Devils.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by this too. Maybe management gauged interest in him, and felt that if they couldn't get a 5th or 6th rounder, they'd accept the risk of losing him on waivers. Still makes me question why he was waived in that scenario, but Vatanen hasn't been great for us, so not much of a loss anyway. Still not super happy about it though.