Jump to content

2021 Trade Deadline Thread April 12, 3pm ET


Chimaira_Devil_#9
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Pass. We need defensemen that can actually play D. 

This is what I was talking about, is he no good on the defensive end? His offensive stats fell off a cliff so if he also can’t play D...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is what I was talking about, is he no good on the defensive end? His offensive stats fell off a cliff so if he also can’t play D...

If he was good at defense, I highly doubt he’d be on waivers.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is what I was talking about, is he no good on the defensive end? His offensive stats fell off a cliff so if he also can’t play D...

The comments I've seen from Flyers fans are almost all that they're glad he's going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If he was good at defense, I highly doubt he’d be on waivers.

I assume that nobody waives a player that they think is worth something. The question becomes how bad they have gotten, and whether they can be repaired or they can rediscover their past success. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I'm saying - we have a sh*t load of cap space and our defensive depth is questionable at best.  Have been very lucky with the lack of injuries back there tbh.

He's (probably) a top4/5 guy at least right now, maybe a change of scenery would do him well.

I mean he's only got two more years left after this year on his current deal.  You could even flip him at some point in the future for something if he bounces back and we retain.  If he fails, just waive/bury him/buy him out.  We're not going to be in a cap crunch for a long while.

I'm not an NHL GM, clearly, but this is a no-brainer imo.

 

Edit: Assuming the owner group is up for it financially.

Edited by Devilsfan118
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

All I'm saying - we have a sh*t load of cap space and our defensive depth is questionable at best.  Have been very lucky with the lack of injuries back there tbh.

He's (probably) a top4/5 guy at least right now, maybe a change of scenery would do him well.

I mean he's only got two more years left after this year on his current deal.  You could even flip him at some point in the future for something if he bounces back and we retain.  If he fails, just waive/bury him/buy him out.  We're not going to be in a cap crunch for a long while.

I'm not an NHL GM, clearly, but this is a no-brainer imo.

 

Edit: Assuming the owner group is up for it financially.

I thought he had 3 years left, at 2 years I think it’s even more of a shot worth taking. 

Could also be the answer to trading Kulikov if that is the route we take. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm not an NHL GM, clearly, but this is a no-brainer imo.

Again- we always say this. And then 30 GM’s all pass. I don’t think it’s as much of a no-brainer as you may think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Pass. We need defensemen that can actually play D. 

True, no argument here.  We also need a defenseman who can help transition to offense and a defenseman who can....  we just need defensemen.  I think I’d be happy if he could just choose the right guy to take and lay down in front of him at the right times.  
 

is that lowering the bar too much?

Edited by AEWHistory
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Johnny Gaudreau on the move to Philly, assuming someone claims Ghost?

Can we not post random fvckin internet speculation as fact? I thought a major trade happened.

Edited by MB3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hard pass on ghost-bear. He's a more offensive Butcher. 

 

*offensive meaning good at offense, and also meaning offensively disgusting defensively.

Edited by MB3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Can we not post random fvckin internet speculation as fact? I thought a major trade happened.

Sure!!

1) Kulikov to Boston for their next 15 1st round picks

2) Milky Way to Nicomo in exchange for a good candy bar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Can we not post random fvckin internet speculation as fact? I thought a major trade happened.

Pretty sure I didn't state a fact here bud, relax.  It was clearly speculation and I wasn't presenting it as otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Pretty sure I didn't state a fact here bud, relax.  It was clearly speculation and I wasn't presenting it as otherwise.

That's not how you clearly define speculation. There's not even an internet rumor about it. 

"Palmieri on the move to Boston, assuming for a 2nd round pick?"

That's the exact same sentence structure, lol. 

Edited by MB3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That's not how you clearly define speculation. There's not even an internet rumor about it. 

"Palmieri on the move to Boston, assuming for a 2nd round pick?"

That's the exact same sentence structure, lol. 

Respectfully, your reading comprehension or lack thereof in this instance isn't my problem.  I'm not interested in getting into one of your famous pissing matches here. 

That's not apples to apples at all - I was pretty simply suggesting that Johnny hockey might be a target if the Flyers are able to move the necessary cap space via a waiver pickup here.  Waiving a roster player like this might suggest the Flyers have something cookin'.

I'll be sure to make it abundantly clear for you moving forward when I may be talking about a hypothetical situation on a freakin' message board.  C'mon man.

Edited by Devilsfan118
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Respectfully, your reading comprehension or lack thereof in this instance isn't my problem.  I'm not interested in getting into one of your famous pissing matches here. 

That's not apples to apples at all - I was pretty simply suggesting that Johnny hockey might be a target if the Flyers are able to move the necessary cap space via a waiver pickup here.  Waiving a roster player like this might suggest the Flyers have something cookin'.

I'll be sure to make it abundantly clear for you moving forward when I may be talking about a hypothetical situation on a freakin' message board.  C'mon man.

Fame is fame man, it looks good on you. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I thought he had 3 years left, at 2 years I think it’s even more of a shot worth taking. 

Could also be the answer to trading Kulikov if that is the route we take. 

I'll bet Fitz is getting more calls on Kulikov than Sami at this time. We already have an offensive minded D-man sitting all year (Butcher) I wouldn't be pissed if we picked him up. I'm hoping for a Savard type guy or Gudbranson in the future. Maybe even 1 or 2 of our Bingo D men will be able to step in? (long shot)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Told ya.

These dudes don’t get waived for no reason.

I suppose not. Though its not like nobody has ever been claimed off waivers before. 

Still, I'm surprised nobody took a shot. Dude used to be pretty prolific offensively, I would have thought some team with a hole might've thought it worth a try.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

That Flyers defense is really bad. If Ghost isn’t good enough to stay in that lineup that’s a major red flag. 

Same as Butcher, I guess. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Same as Butcher, I guess. 

Pretty much. But their defense might be even worse honestly. 

Philly 123 GA in 34 GP

NJ 106 GA in 34 GP

now granted some that is probably Hart not being able to stop a beach ball, but still. It’s crazy how badly their defense has fallen apart. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.