Jump to content

2021 Trade Deadline Thread April 12, 3pm ET


Chimaira_Devil_#9
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Pretty much. But their defense might be even worse honestly. 

Philly 123 GA in 34 GP

NJ 106 GA in 34 GP

now granted some that is probably Hart not being able to stop a beach ball, but still. It’s crazy how badly their defense has fallen apart. 

In fairness, Butcher isn’t responsible for any of that lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

In fairness, Butcher isn’t responsible for any of that lol. 

He’s actually played 8 games this season. I was surprised to see it was that many. I would have guessed 2-3. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s actually played 8 games this season. I was surprised to see it was that many. I would have guessed 2-3. 

That’s at least 3 more than I thought as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Philly D isn't that bad. Goaltending has been brutal. This team was pretty darn good at the start of the season. Hart lost his mojo. I love it.  Nothing kills a bench more than letting in softies.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Philly D isn't that bad. Goaltending has been brutal. This team was pretty darn good at the start of the season. Hart lost his mojo. I love it.  Nothing kills a bench more than letting in softies.  

Another proof that goalies are simply inconsistent. they can be at the top of the world one year and sh!t the bed the next. we've been incredibly lucky with brodeur all these years

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, titans04 said:

spacer.png

That's hilarious and I'm so happy to see it, but it's probably not very fair since I imagine there were many more games played during the months of this season (maybe double) due to the accelerated schedule.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

how much would you do for palms? id go 5x5. we need goal scorers and go figure we have one on our team?!

Palms is having a bad year, but is also probably on a decline as well. There's too many unknowns to be throwing around money in a flat cap. I wouldn't gamble, but other people are probably more apt to take a chance. When a player has a career year in a contract season, the price gets jacked up(see Jeff Skinner). I don't see why it shouldn't go the other way when a player has a sh!t year in a contract season. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Palms is having a bad year, but is also probably on a decline as well. There's too many unknowns to be throwing around money in a flat cap. I wouldn't gamble, but other people are probably more apt to take a chance. When a player has a career year in a contract season, the price gets jacked up(see Jeff Skinner). I don't see why it shouldn't go the other way when a player has a sh!t year in a contract season. 

i agree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

how much would you do for palms? id go 5x5. we need goal scorers and go figure we have one on our team?!

ok google how can i delete a post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

seriously, if the Devils sign Kyle Palmieri for anything more than 2 seasons this summer please someone check in on my whereabouts and welfare. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

cmon he is good. he actually sticks up for teammates while the rest flail away.  plus he scores goals.. i stick by my 5x5. i think he wants more though, 

He definitely wants term. I wouldn’t give it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Palms didnt score enough this year, and, more important, he isnt shoot. At all. I dont know may be he has some injury, but he literally doesnt make any shot. May be one or two. Without his shot, he does not bring any special benefit in any situations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

cmon he is good. he actually sticks up for teammates while the rest flail away.  plus he scores goals.. i stick by my 5x5. i think he wants more though, 

He’s out of mind if he wants more.

No one is giving him five years...maybe someone offers three.  If the Devils offer him three years around $5 AAV, he’ll be back...NJ is his first choice.  If the Devils don’t want to go more than two, I’ll certainly understand why.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s out of mind if he wants more.

No one is giving him five years...maybe someone offers three.  If the Devils offer him three years around $5 AAV, he’ll be back...NJ is his first choice.  If the Devils don’t want to go more than two, I’ll certainly understand why.  

he want's a long deal. i assume. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

he want's a long deal. i assume. 

He can want whatever he wants, but in the current environment, he’s never getting a five-year offer.  I’m not even sure he gets three.  I wouldn’t go more than two myself.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

cmon he is good. he actually sticks up for teammates while the rest flail away.  plus he scores goals.. i stick by my 5x5. i think he wants more though, 

While there is some truth to what you are saying, it’s tough to ask for 5 years at a rate that represents your play from ‘16 to ‘19 while currently performing like your game has already fallen off a cliff.   3 years would be a gift to him at this point.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

While there is some truth to what you are saying, it’s tough to ask for 5 years at a rate that represents your play from ‘16 to ‘19 while currently performing like your game has already fallen off a cliff.   3 years would be a gift to him at this point.   

I suspect he’d take less dollars for more term. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

seriously, if the Devils sign Kyle Palmieri for anything more than 2 seasons this summer please someone check in on my whereabouts and welfare. 

🎶

So then MB3

Said seriously

I've heard you plea

But it's a no from me

Nuh uh homey

You better agree

Even for free

It's too much for Palmieri

He's been too crappy

With his dumb goatee

He's like a ducky

Lost at sea

A sea of pee

Christmas treeeeeeeeeee

😎😎😎😎😎😎

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

🎶

So then MB3

Said seriously

I've heard you plea

But it's a no from me

Nuh uh homey

You better agree

Even for free

It's too much for Palmieri

He's been too crappy

With his dumb goatee

He's like a ducky

Lost at sea

A sea of pee

Christmas treeeeeeeeeee

😎😎😎😎😎😎

 

https://flic.kr/p/2kQEf3Y

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

🎶

So then MB3

Said seriously

I've heard you plea

But it's a no from me

Nuh uh homey

You better agree

Even for free

It's too much for Palmieri

He's been too crappy

With his dumb goatee

He's like a ducky

Lost at sea

A sea of pee

Christmas treeeeeeeeeee

😎😎😎😎😎😎

 

51090124468_0d0f27731d_b.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.