2021 Trade Deadline Thread April 12, 3pm ET

Chimaira_Devil_#9

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Pretty much. But their defense might be even worse honestly. 

Philly 123 GA in 34 GP

NJ 106 GA in 34 GP

now granted some that is probably Hart not being able to stop a beach ball, but still. It’s crazy how badly their defense has fallen apart. 

In fairness, Butcher isn’t responsible for any of that lol. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

In fairness, Butcher isn’t responsible for any of that lol. 

He’s actually played 8 games this season. I was surprised to see it was that many. I would have guessed 2-3. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s actually played 8 games this season. I was surprised to see it was that many. I would have guessed 2-3. 

That’s at least 3 more than I thought as well. 

Philly D isn't that bad. Goaltending has been brutal. This team was pretty darn good at the start of the season. Hart lost his mojo. I love it.  Nothing kills a bench more than letting in softies.  

5 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Philly D isn't that bad. Goaltending has been brutal. This team was pretty darn good at the start of the season. Hart lost his mojo. I love it.  Nothing kills a bench more than letting in softies.  

Another proof that goalies are simply inconsistent. they can be at the top of the world one year and sh!t the bed the next. we've been incredibly lucky with brodeur all these years

• Like 1

21 hours ago, titans04 said:

spacer.png

That's hilarious and I'm so happy to see it, but it's probably not very fair since I imagine there were many more games played during the months of this season (maybe double) due to the accelerated schedule.  

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

how much would you do for palms? id go 5x5. we need goal scorers and go figure we have one on our team?!

Palms is having a bad year, but is also probably on a decline as well. There's too many unknowns to be throwing around money in a flat cap. I wouldn't gamble, but other people are probably more apt to take a chance. When a player has a career year in a contract season, the price gets jacked up(see Jeff Skinner). I don't see why it shouldn't go the other way when a player has a sh!t year in a contract season. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Palms is having a bad year, but is also probably on a decline as well. There's too many unknowns to be throwing around money in a flat cap. I wouldn't gamble, but other people are probably more apt to take a chance. When a player has a career year in a contract season, the price gets jacked up(see Jeff Skinner). I don't see why it shouldn't go the other way when a player has a sh!t year in a contract season. 

i agree. 

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

how much would you do for palms? id go 5x5. we need goal scorers and go figure we have one on our team?!

ok google how can i delete a post

seriously, if the Devils sign Kyle Palmieri for anything more than 2 seasons this summer please someone check in on my whereabouts and welfare. 

9 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

cmon he is good. he actually sticks up for teammates while the rest flail away.  plus he scores goals.. i stick by my 5x5. i think he wants more though, 

He definitely wants term. I wouldn’t give it. 

Palms didnt score enough this year, and, more important, he isnt shoot. At all. I dont know may be he has some injury, but he literally doesnt make any shot. May be one or two. Without his shot, he does not bring any special benefit in any situations.

23 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

cmon he is good. he actually sticks up for teammates while the rest flail away.  plus he scores goals.. i stick by my 5x5. i think he wants more though, 

He’s out of mind if he wants more.

No one is giving him five years...maybe someone offers three.  If the Devils offer him three years around $5 AAV, he’ll be back...NJ is his first choice.  If the Devils don’t want to go more than two, I’ll certainly understand why.  

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s out of mind if he wants more.

No one is giving him five years...maybe someone offers three.  If the Devils offer him three years around $5 AAV, he’ll be back...NJ is his first choice.  If the Devils don’t want to go more than two, I’ll certainly understand why.  

he want's a long deal. i assume. 

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

he want's a long deal. i assume. 

He can want whatever he wants, but in the current environment, he’s never getting a five-year offer.  I’m not even sure he gets three.  I wouldn’t go more than two myself.  

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

While there is some truth to what you are saying, it’s tough to ask for 5 years at a rate that represents your play from ‘16 to ‘19 while currently performing like your game has already fallen off a cliff.   3 years would be a gift to him at this point.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

While there is some truth to what you are saying, it’s tough to ask for 5 years at a rate that represents your play from ‘16 to ‘19 while currently performing like your game has already fallen off a cliff.   3 years would be a gift to him at this point.   

I suspect he’d take less dollars for more term. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

seriously, if the Devils sign Kyle Palmieri for anything more than 2 seasons this summer please someone check in on my whereabouts and welfare. 

🎶

So then MB3

Said seriously

I've heard you plea

But it's a no from me

Nuh uh homey

You better agree

Even for free

It's too much for Palmieri

He's been too crappy

With his dumb goatee

He's like a ducky