GDT: Devils at Bruins - 3/28/21 5:30pm NBCSN

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

What's this crazy loyalty he's shown us?

In the whole time he has been here, he hasn’t played for any other teams.

Always wears a Devils jersey during the games. 

Probably always says “thank you” when he gets his paychecks. 

Saves the team money by not requiring them to stock the locker room with shaving supplies. 

I mean how much more loyalty can you have??

• Haha 1

I am surprised she wasn’t distracted by the bountifulness of his neckbeard. 

Plus, obviously anyone who buys 15 Milky Ways is a douche. Awful candy bar. We should send him to Boston just for that. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I am surprised she wasn’t distracted by the bountifulness of his neckbeard. 

Plus, obviously anyone who buys 15 Milky Ways is a douche. Awful candy bar. We should send him to Boston just for that. 

That's the one thing that stuck with me about this whole story. 

Edited by Devs3cups

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

this was a totally untrue made up copypasta about ryan gosling that made its rounds on the internet a few years ago, for those uninformed. kyle palmieri is probably a kickass person haha. 

I was impressed you came up with this story in that short of a time lol, got a good laugh out of it regardless.

40 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This is such an odd post lol. 

Palms probably wants to stay put. It's easier to not change things. It's stressful being traded. What's the "loyalty" the Devils should show Kyle Palmieri? What's this crazy loyalty he's shown us?

He doesn't have an NMC, and that matters. The Devils are trying to break out of a near-decade-long rebuild. They shouldn't hold on to an aging diminishing and EXPIRING asset because of their fvcking feelings. What an absolute trash-bin of a take. 

Why is the post odd? I wrote, you said, I corrected. What is strange with that?

Palms does many things for the Devils so that they look like good corporate citizens. He has done this since he arrived. That is called a loyal enployee.

How many times do you want to post he doesn't have  NMC.  Did I ever post anything about a NMC or a NTC? NO

I said: "Why would Palms want to play for Boston." SIMPLE statement, period. It was SIMPLE question about Palms if he was thinking about playing for Boston in the first place. That has nothing to do with NMC or the NJ Devils desire, if they have one, to trade anyone let alone Palms. You are the odd one. I like your ears in your avatar, is there anything between them, read my statement for what it is DON'T read anything more into it.

This conversation is dead to me in the future.

Have a nice day. Try to enjoy the NJ Devils game on Tuesday. I keep saying "NJ" Devils so you don't get confused with some other Devils. 

50 minutes ago, MB3 said:

this was a totally untrue made up copypasta about ryan gosling that made its rounds on the internet a few years ago, for those uninformed. kyle palmieri is probably a kickass person haha. 

Oh well i totally believe Gosling would do that. Fvcking Notebook bitch.  

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah given the strangeness of this season (and the fact that the whole friggin' team came down with Covid), it's so hard to evaluate anything properly.  But as others have noted, at least there seems to be a potential nucleus of solid youth (and given how bare the cupboard was, made sense that it was going to take some time to build up that base).  Now it's about getting the right vets in the mix.    

Its definitely affected some more than others. Blackwood for example seems to be just starting to get his game back the last few games after a rough stretch coming out of covid

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Oh well i totally believe Gosling would do that. Fvcking Notebook bitch.  

Eh, that’s like only associating Robert Pattinson with the Twilight movies. Ryan Gosling is actually a really good actor. Blade Runner 2049, Drive, and probably my personal favorite of his films, The Nice Guys. 

24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Eh, that’s like only associating Robert Pattinson with the Twilight movies. Ryan Gosling is actually a really good actor. Blade Runner 2049, Drive, and probably my personal favorite of his films, The Nice Guys. 

So if I called Robert Pattinson a teen drama Vampire bitch, you are saying that would not be accurate?

For the record, I said nothing about Gosling’s acting skills, just that I could see him being a d!ck if you ran into him while he was buying 15 substandard candy bars. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I saw Kyle Palmieri at a grocery store in NJ a few years ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Now I get it, you hate him because he was rude to you and others. If what you said is accurate, and why wouldn't it be true, then he is maybe a phony. Fuvk him. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

So if I called Robert Pattinson a teen drama Vampire bitch, you are saying that would not be accurate?

For the record, I said nothing about Gosling’s acting skills, just that I could see him being a d!ck if you ran into him while he was buying 15 substandard candy bars. 

Your first statement would be inaccurate, yes lol. I won’t begrudge a guy for doing crap for a huge payday. He’s another one that’s actually a really good actor though. Watch the movie Good Time (which is where I first became aware how good he is) or The Lighthouse. 

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

All well and good, but define "careful, considered, and compassionate".  I don't think the Devils have ever handled him poorly (or are showing signs of that).  They rewarded him with a nice, long-term deal after one good year where sure, he showed promise, but wasn't a sure thing to put up the rate numbers he established that season.  It sounds like the sides have spoken and are simply not close, and I do believe the problem is that some agents and players think that the current environment isn't really so different than the recent past; if some interpret Fitz not caving into potentially unreasonable demands as being cold and hardballing, I'd say in this case, that's unfair.  If the sides are that far apart, is it really fair to put it all on Fitz and the Devils?  Especially when the player involved is having his worst season as a Devil to date?  

You know I'm probably the biggest Palms supporter on here, so it's not like I have a thing against him...and if he and his agent are trying to reel in what might be Palms' last long-term, relatively high-cost deal (given his age), I get it...not like those opportunities are many for most players, in any given career.  But I can't blame Fitz for saying something along the lines of "Palms, you've been a fine player for us for many years, and you've always been a great representative for this organization off and on the ice, and we would absolutely love to extend you, but we're on very extreme ends here...we understand if you want to test the market to try to get more than we're willing to offer at this time, but we are also very open to the idea of you coming back on a deal that we feel better makes sense for where the team is, and where the market is."  I think there's enough goodwill that I think Fitz would actually consider going to a third season, even though he probably wouldn't love that idea (I think he'd prefer two years or less).  Say three seasons at right around $5 million.  Probably about the middle for where both sides currently are.  And of course the Devils are going to have so much cap room that a three-year, $5 million AAV for Palms isn't going to hurt them in the slightest.  But Fitz has to draw the line at three years (and I can understand why many would be iffy about that third year...I definitely am).  

One last thought:  when it comes to labor disputes, as much as I find both sides annoying when they start digging in, for the most part I've sided with the players, because it's the GMs and owners who are signing them to big dollars, then whining about how they can't continue to do business this way.  But I'm starting to see some restraint with these deals, and I'm glad that GMs are finally starting to see that rushing to sign 30-ish year-old players to megabuck contracts isn't the best way to go (I'd much rather sign the top younger guys that I have to the more expensive contracts).  Imagine how Buffalo would be feeling right now if Hall was on the first year of a 7 or 8 year contract?  Or for that matter, if he was having that kind of a season HERE, just having been re-signed to big UFA money for multiple seasons.  As much as I like Palms, there is absolutely a chance that they trade him, he ultimately signs somewhere else, and in a couple of years we're saying "Damn, dodged on hell a bullet on that one."  In the end, it is a business, and it could very well be that the Devils got Palms' five best seasons, and he's now going to get paid more to be less.  And that if the Devils don't keep him, that it might turn out to have been an excellent business decision.  

I think we are all saying the same thing. I am not suggesting Palms has been treated badly. I think the team and him have actually got exactly what they wanted out of his tenure so far, we gave him the minutes and the $$$ he was looking for and the team has got one of the few players who has been positive on a mostly terrible team. The fact he is a Jersey guy and his community work has given the team something to work with marketing wise. So I think it's worked out well. 

Just to clarify I am talking specifically about trading him at the deadline. When he becomes a UFA he has a say in what he does, so its then essentially in his hands. 

Personally I would trade him at the deadline, and I would be exploring alternatives before running back to him with an offer. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Also, “substandard candy bars?” Milky Ways are delicious. Especially the simply caramel ones. 

What is a Milky Way in the US? I think I remember hearing they are completely different to the Milky Ways in the UK. 

Screenshot_20210329-224931_Google.thumb.jpg.847cd23dbdf5c3f6a423bbfde57e21ae.jpg

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

please lets leave politics and chocolate out of this board for everyone's sake. 

It’s too late. I could deal with everything else but I can never trust Nicomo’s opinion on anything ever again since he thinks Milky Ways are “delicious”. 

40 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

What is a Milky Way in the US? I think I remember hearing they are completely different to the Milky Ways in the UK. 

Screenshot_20210329-224931_Google.thumb.jpg.847cd23dbdf5c3f6a423bbfde57e21ae.jpg

That looks like what we call a Three Musketeers bar over here, our Milky Ways have caramel 

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 1

Your Milky Way is the same as our Three Musketeers.

Always loved the US version of Milky Ways myself...especially out of the fridge.