GDT: Devils @ Bruins (Again) - 7:00pm MSG+2

NJDfan1711

We get these guys on the road again today.  It was great that we kept them scoreless last game even though we got a little lucky on two calls (I think they were the right calls, but still some puck luck regardless), however I'm a bit worried that we've only scored 1 goal in our last two games.   Offense has plagued this team for what seams like forever, and with how young our team is you'd think we would be potting goals left and right.  I'd like to see us scoring 3-4 goals per night on a regular basis.  Getting Nico back will help for sure, but we need a lot more offensive consistency.  Blackwood is consistent as hell in giving us a fighting chance each night, we need the offense to do the same.  

On the bright side, the PK has seemed to improve quite a bit lately which is nice.  Hopefully the PP can get it going as well - that would help the offensive numbers.  Looking to see how long we can keep them off the scoresheet at 5 on 5 - it's getting pretty hilarious and also amazing.

Let's Go Devils.

Anyone think Palms will be out of the line-up?  Heard talks broke off between Devs & Palms camp. If true, a few teams will have interest. Hopefully strong. I'm hoping they could hammer something out.

Each time we play them, it will be harder and harder to win, but we're definitely in ther heads. Hopefully we score 1st again, and MB can frustrate them for awhile until Jack or Zacha breaks out with a 2 goal night.

LGD!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Anyone think Palms will be out of the line-up?  Heard talks broke off between Devs & Palms camp. If true, a few teams will have interest. Hopefully strong. I'm hoping they could hammer something out.

Not yet.  Deadline is still about two weeks away.  Besides, every game he plays until then is a chance for him to get going.  

Although it doesn't feel like it, he has three goals in his last 6 GP (6 points in his last 10 GP).  If he finally goes a hot streak, suddenly he might have 6 or 7 goals in a 10-game span as the deadline approaches, with his season numbers suddenly not looking all that bad.  Maybe that gets a team who hasn't seen most of his games to bite.

I still think he gets dealt and then comes back, and I think it's because he really loves living in NJ that much.  If the Devils simply decide to move on (despite what his agent says, I think if push comes to shove in the offseason, Palms would take less to come back), I wouldn't be that shocked to see him sign with the Rangers, but admittedly I don't know their cap situation, or if they're interested (or even if he's a real fit for them).  

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Koo-Leek-Kov

What are Leeks? (And How to Cook Them) Recipe - Love and Lemons

Any time my wife asks me to get leeks at the supermarket, she gets sent a picture of my hand reaching for them, and I will not let up until she tells me what I am doing in the picture. The answer, of course, "taking a leek". 

Am I the only person that doesn’t mind listening to Jack Edwards call a game?  I mean he obviously calls the game like a bit of a super fan but I think his enthusiasm for the Bruins comes off in a good way because he’s also really knowledgeable about the opponent and is usually quite complementary.  He’s also not afraid to say it if the Bruins catch a break on a missed call or whatever.  I find it so much better than some of the lazy ass commentators that just regurgitate the same old sh!t and claim every call was a bad one against their team.   

Admittedly though, I did not hear his call on Sunday when the two replays went against them.  

Edited by Lateralous

10 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Am I the only person that doesn’t mind listening to Jack Edwards call a game?  I mean he obviously calls the game like a bit of a super fan but I think his enthusiasm for the Bruins comes off in a good way because he’s also really knowledgeable about the opponent and is usually quite complementary.  He’s also not afraid to say it if the Bruins catch a break on a missed call or whatever.  I find it so much better than some of the lazy ass commentators that just regurgitate the same old sh!t and claim every call was a bad one against their team.   

Admittedly though, I did not hear his call on Sunday when the two replays went against them.  

His call Sunday wasn't that bad. As far as being a homer I've heard a lot worse, but to be fair Marchand was out the other night. That NESN is blind to Marchand's BS. 

I haven't listened to that many of the away calls, but the WAS and BOS guys have been super complementary of our young guys this year.