GDT: Devils @ Bruins (Again) - 7:00pm MSG+2

NJDfan1711

Blackwood deserved so much better. Palmieri does the same fvcking thing in the shootout all the time and it never works - I only wanted him to shoot because he scored and I thought maybe he'd have some confidence, but he's literally just the most uncreative player and it looks like he barely tries in the shootout.  Next time give Sharangovich a chance.

Also, what happened to Kuokk this game?  Did he not dress, and if so, why?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Mac made some huge saves tonight but I’m still putting part of this on him. Frustrating loss. 

Other than the first goal, what about that game could possibly be described as his fault?  At least two of the other goals were from pretty dangerous scoring areas, and I think the other one was a PP goal.  He also is basically the only reason we even held on for even one point in the game...

Just now, Bonginator11 said:

Without him we don’t even get a point

Yeah, I mean, I feel like he's the last person who deserves criticism from tonight's game.  There were 18 guys in front of him that also helped blew a 2 goal lead in the last period.

Just now, Nicomo said:

Uh wut? We scored 4 goals. He let in a couple he should have stopped. 

Pretty sure he's referring to how he had to stand on his head in the final 5 minutes, and also in OT.  The team looked completely lost and out of position in the final 5 minutes of play and OT.

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Crazy game.

Looking forward to the day when the Devils have assistant coaches who actually assist.

Recchi really needs to go. The PP is very bit as bad as the PK was earlier this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

I said he made some big saves. Still wasn’t his best game, imo. 

No, it wasn’t. But I can’t look at this game and say he cost us the win. That would be like if I were arguing it was Hughes’ fault for not scoring. If he scored only one, we win in regulation. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

No, it wasn’t. But I can’t look at this game and say he cost us the win. That would be like if I were arguing it was Hughes’ fault for not scoring. If he scored only one, we win in regulation. 

I’m fine with partially blaming Hughes. He’s part of the atrocious PP. 

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Mac made some huge saves tonight but I’m still putting part of this on him. Frustrating loss. 

I disagree. Because of Blackwood 's saves the Devils got a point and we're in it to the SO. Blackwood was under tremendous pressure by veteran scorers and yet kept the Devils in the game.

Just now, Brewskies said:

I disagree. Because of Blackwood 's saves the Devils got a point and we're in it to the SO. Blackwood was under tremendous pressure by veteran scorers and yet kept the Devils in the game.

That’s fine, but the first goal off his glove is a save a #1 NHL goalie has to make 10 X out of 10. Is what it is though. We still give that Boston team fits, so it took quite and effort for them to come back and beat us.