2021 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

That‘s right, just keep on fvcking whiffing.  Goddamn is this team a brutal watch right now.

They might have to think about sacking Chili...just to shake things up.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

This is why I can’t get into deGrom starts the way I should, because this fvcking team always pulls the rug out from under us. At least with Harvey day way back when, the Mets actually managed not to fubar his games.  With poor Jake it’s how are they gonna fvck this up?!

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Angry 1

This team is sure doing a fine job...if their end goal is to make their fanbase hate them.  

About time the Mets showed SOME fvcking signs of life.  They should try it at the plate sometime.  Puss!es.

Another failure by Lindor.  Big shock.

Seriously, fvck this team.  Feel for some of the pitchers, but you know when this team is trailing early, they’re not coming back.

6 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I didn't think Dom Smith of all people would be going off lol, it's probably more indicative of the team frustration over their own sucking than anything Alvarado actually did.

It was weird seeing him have a facial expression other than “perma-stoned”, lol.  He looked pissed.

Not trying to sound racist, but the Hispanic histrionics do get old sometimes.  Great Alvarado, you struck out Dom.  Don’t then act like you just got the final out of the World Series, not to mention clearly trying to provoke Smith.

What exactly was McCan’t supposed to bring again?  

If they're that annoyed at Alvarado go out and swing some clubs and win the next two games, otherwise STFU.

I'm almost as tired of this whole team as I am the Devils right now.  Alonso since his fluke rookie season looks like the next Dave Kingman (albeit with a much better personality), Lindor looks like the next Baerga/Alomar - no more infielders from Cleveland please, Conforto...the Nick Swisher comparison you had a while back fits.  Although now he's not even padding stats against bad pitching.

Pretty much everything Sandy did is backfiring as badly as we could have feared starting with the whole JTR/McCann thing which now looks like Holliday-Jason Bay part II...don't pay the elite guy, just overpay the next tier guy.  They would have been better off just playing Nido and getting a Kurt Suzuki type to complement him if they were just gonna cheap out at catcher.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Has, you just nailed it.  It took all of 20 games for fans to turn on “the new Mets”...who look a bit too much like the old Mets for their own good.  Cohen joking around on Twitter isn’t helping either.  

And of course the offense immediately follows the tone set by McCan’t in the first, and the bats again go completely silent.  Meanwhile the Phillies have tied it up.  I hate this fvcking team.

• Angry 1

Wheeler somehow goes 7 innings after giving up 4 runs and throwing over 30 pitches in the first inning.  Well done dipsh!ts.

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I’m still somewhat surprised Diaz did the job considering Philly has been a particular house of horrors for him.

Yeah me too.  Maybe this thing starts to turn around now.

Good news is that somehow the Mets are tied for first...bad news of course is it feels like they didn’t take nearly enough advantage of the rest of the division getting off to meh starts.  But the Mets clearly have flaws...Sandy of course instead of just addressing them or making the more “obvious” moves that were begging to be made, had to prove yet again how smart he is by NOT making those moves (or finding ways to come up short, because Sandy) and pivoting to secondary options.  So the point here being that maybe the Mets aren’t that good, and will be more of an 85-win team than 90+.

What also sucks is that even though the team will hit more than it has to this point, it’s not going to keep pitching this well...team ERA is 2.96.  I can see the hitting pick up right when the pitching cools off.

And as bad of a start as Lindor is off to, the player who I really can’t stand to date is McCan’t.  Some of it is that I hate what he represents...it’s typical Sandyball, don’t even act like the best option is available to you, just immediately set your sights on the next tier down, and hope for the best.  It’s like Sandy thinks “We have to take a ‘We’re still more of a Have-Not’ approach”, no matter what the resources.

McCan’t has potentially horrible offensive years in him, always has...he can easily finish his time with the Mets with an OPS around .700.  I’m just not seeing where he’s going to help all that much.

That was a HELL of a double play by the Mets...but sure doesn’t seem like Peterson is fooling anyone tonight. 

God this is anti-baseball.  Could the Phillies look any worse in the field tonight?  And of course, plenty of hitters getting themselves out taking great big hacks at pitches that aren’t close being strikes.  Terrible.

At least the Mets have a lead though.  No thanks to McCan’t, who hit a DB ball that the Phils fubarred.

fvcking Diaz...tying run at the plate...

and of fvcking course!  Can we just move on from this gutless c*nt already?!