2021 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

What an embarassing play what the fvck was that brainless clown doing tossing the ball away too? It was the correct call the ball hadn't even gone foul yet

Jesus this team needs to grow a spine and fight back

Yesterday is still weighing heavily on their minds. They're still shellshocked

Edited by '7'

I was never a big Stroman guy to begin with, but I’m done with him.  He’s back to meh form, and for someone who’s nothing special, he’s too much of a loudmouth.  And yeah, I absolutely think he fired up the Pirates.

We’re also re-learning what we already knew…Rojas is nothing special as a manager either.

At the rate these dipsh!ts are going, the Mets might become sellers at the deadline.  I would happily lose Conforto, Stroman, and Diaz if that’s the case.  This team is Charmin soft, and they’re really being exposed as such right now.  Credit to the Pirates…that team clearly comes to play.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Well our substitute manager and our substitute setup man and closer all got the job done, hallefreakinglujjah.  fvck it, I'm half hoping for a long suspension for Rojas so Jauss can manage for a couple weeks.

This feels like the scene in Major League 2 where the Indians are going nowhere then finally Cerrano hits the big PH HR after being given the 'show some balls' message from Tanaka.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah big win.  Big knock from Conforto.  Maybe they get something going now…at least they showed some fight.

Mets have gotten all they’re going to get out of Eickhoff.  Enough with him.

Nice throw Jeff…Jesus.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Well that's baseball for you in 2021. It's either 1-0 with 4 total hits in 9 innings...or 14-10 where you're STILL nervous the Mets will blow it in the bottom of the inning

How does one man FAIL so often (Diaz) in any profession and continue to keep his job. We learned two years ago Diaz cannot close for the Mets. He can't pitch in New York. Case closed. Go get Kimbrel and maybe try Diaz in a role where he doesn't sh!t his pants

5 minutes ago, '7' said:

Well that's baseball for you in 2021. It's either 1-0 with 4 total hits in 9 innings...or 14-10 where you're STILL nervous the Mets will blow it in the bottom of the inning

How does one man FAIL so often (Diaz) in any profession and continue to keep his job. We learned two years ago Diaz cannot close for the Mets. He can't pitch in New York. Case closed. Go get Kimbrel and maybe try Diaz in a role where he doesn't sh!t his pants

Especially in Coors North

Another pull-one-out-of-their-asses kind of game, despite more Bad News Bears moments.  Thank god for Coors Field North (East?).

Not sure how much more evidence Sandy needs to see that Diaz is not the guy to close for a team in contention.  Guy is a gutless p*ssy.

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Another pull-one-out-of-their-asses kind of game, despite more Bad News Bears moments.  Thank god for Coors Field North (East?).

Not sure how much more evidence Sandy needs to see that Diaz is not the guy to close for a team in contention.  Guy is a gutless p*ssy.

That was a wild game. 

8 hours ago, '7' said:

Sandyball.  You know the drill...guys get endless chances here.

If Sandy (and yeah I think he's the one still calling the shots) goes out and actually addresses the closer issue (and I don't care about Diaz's good save% earlier on; we all knew that the guy was shaky and unreliable), I'll be impressed.  But I'm not expecting it.   

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

That was a wild game. 

Admittedly I hate ballparks that play that way...launching pads.  Good for the Mets though, in that a lot of very meh numbers are going to get a nice boost during this series.

One thing about Nimmo...that dude has ALWAYS found a way to get on base.  .393 career OB%, and though he's only hitting .182 in his last 7 GP, he's put up a .438 OB%.  Just wish he was less brittle.

You've got 5 runs to work with Marcus...now don't do anything stupid.  Just this team 6-7 good innings and call it a day.

Eight innings, one hit that should do it lol

We need Stroman to be somewhere closer to what he was early in the season than he was the previous few starts, especially with Jake on the shelf.  And I can't say I'm confident Walker will last the whole season at least fatigue-wise either after his recent injury history.