2021 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

Evan really gave Rojas the business during an interview today…asked the questions a lot of fans would like answers to.  And even though Rojas probably wasn’t completely honest with all of his answers, he just sounds dopey.  He can’t be here next year.

Just when you might start to forget how much Conforto sucks…he never forgets to remind you.  

Lmao Alonso hits a leadoff triple and these c*nt Mets “hitters” are going to strand him…because of course they are.

This is the nail in the coffin. The Yankees are gonna come in and sweep us too. Losing these kind of games to the Nats and Marlins...completely failing to hit against awful pitching. Braindead managers trotting out gutless choking pitchers in the wrong spots. And they'll be swept by the Yankees too for the final humiliation

Season over.  Seriously, this gutless punch of pukes can go screw, and then share a bag of d!cks.  Could they have come up any punier the past two nights?  Bunch of self-satisfied losers. Hope they get booed beyond belief.

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

This is the nail in the coffin. The Yankees are gonna come in and sweep us too. Losing these kind of games to the Nats and Marlins...completely failing to hit against awful pitching. Braindead managers trotting out gutless choking pitchers in the wrong spots. And they'll be swept by the Yankees too for the final humiliation

The ironic thing is that I can actually see them sweeping the reeling Yankees as one last “suck the fans back in”…and then they’ll promptly piss away that momentum as quickly as possible.  But yeah, they’re toast, regardless.

28 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The ironic thing is that I can actually see them sweeping the reeling Yankees as one last “suck the fans back in”…and then they’ll promptly piss away that momentum as quickly as possible.  But yeah, they’re toast, regardless.

The Yankees...even sputtering I feel are just better in every way. We are pretty much just what the doctor ordered for the Yankees. Also when they get into one of their hitting funks it usually lasts a while. I would be impressed if they show fight here. These last two games against awful pitching were brutal. 8 total hits?

Gotta admit, was nice to have football to watch last night...I was flipping back and forth between that game and the Mets.  Hockey is just around the corner.  Soon yet another lost Mets season will be a (hopefully) fading memory.

If the Mets can somehow sweep the Yanks and help to keep them out of the playoffs, I guess I'll live with them falling apart after that.     

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Gotta admit, was nice to have football to watch last night...I was flipping back and forth between that game and the Mets.  Hockey is just around the corner.  Soon yet another lost Mets season will be a (hopefully) fading memory.

If the Mets can somehow sweep the Yanks and help to keep them out of the playoffs, I guess I'll live with them falling apart after that.     

Yea it was nice to see (though I really dislike how imbalanced the league has become...or I should say manipulated to be by those who hoot and holler about video game stats and try to mold real football to fantasy football). It's just too damn easy to throw the ball at will...though those teams have 2 outstanding qb's and are loaded at receiver) just seemed like teams they outright gave up on defending the pass.

Was hoping maybe by now we'll have deGrom back but...of course not. I really can see us maybe having a late lead and Rojas again trotting out Diaz for him to walk the first batter and then blow the game. Our offense is so ice cold and helpless right now. The only guy I expect will be ready to go is Alonso

I'm with ya '7', to me the game was perfectly balanced from the late 70s - about the early/mid 2000s.  The video-game numbers QBs put up now just seem silly...that's why I think while Brady is the best of his generation, I would never want to call him the GOAT...mostly because the game has changed so much through the years...the game that Johnny Unitas played is so vastly different than the one Brady plays in 2021.  How do you even really compare them?

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm with ya '7', to me the game was perfectly balanced from the late 70s - about the early/mid 2000s.  The video-game numbers QBs put up now just seem silly...that's why I think while Brady is the best of his generation, I would never want to call him the GOAT...mostly because the game has changed so much through the years...the game that Johnny Unitas played is so vastly different than the one Brady plays in 2021.  How do you even really compare them?

oh absolutely. Everything about it is different. I mean I'm sure there are legitimate cases to be made for Otto Graham being the GOAT. Brady...for his era, absolutely is the goat. That's the way I like to look at it, divide the NFL into eras and you can crown goats in each one. It's hard for me to compare someone who was calling his own plays being knocked upside the head every play like it was in the wild west 70s NFL...to todays much more sanitized offensive friendly game. 

Nobody would call Namath the goat, but in the 68 AFL Title game he was legit knocked unconscious on the field (which means likely concussion that he probably still had by the time SBIII rolled around) he came back into that game and led them from behind to win. I mean nobody in the NFL is coming back from lights out not moving and leading a game winning drive...they just flat out won't let you. That world is long gone

Yea I was wrong. Totally totally wrong. They do this tonight while we make two Florida scrubs look like Koufax/Drysdale. Also nice to see a 10-2 lead not turn into 10-7 with the tying run lurking somewhere close. 

Time is running out really and the Braves aren't losing. It's gonna take one hell of a run to get this done. 

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

Yea I was wrong. Totally totally wrong. They do this tonight while we make two Florida scrubs look like Koufax/Drysdale. Also nice to see a 10-2 lead not turn into 10-7 with the tying run lurking somewhere close. 

Time is running out really and the Braves aren't losing. It's gonna take one hell of a run to get this done. 

I think the very best that you can hope for is to somehow be two back going into that final series against the Braves.

And yeah, nice to see them finish off this game with no drama.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah if the Braves go 12-10 the Mets would have to go 16-4 to tie…not ideal

Yeah this is why the Mets couldn’t afford to lose as many games to the Nats and Marlins as they did.  What they really need to do is go on one of those completely unconscious runs that they simply don’t have in them.

Even if they did somehow pull to within two games of the Braves heading into that final series…you just KNOW that they’ll lose the first game of that series in infuriating fashion.

More and more it feels like making the playoffs with this team is kinda pointless anyway…sure, ya never know once you get in, but does anyone really think the Mets has what it take to beat the class of the NL?  No way.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

12 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

7-5...the moody twins are actually playing well, actually Baez has hit well as a Met period.  God help us if we double down on a big deal after this season for him though.

And of course right after I post this the moody twins both make errors that give the Yankees the lead.