2021 New York Mets season thread

Starting to wonder if Lugo is a “not so good without Spider Tack” guy.  I know he’d been better after getting rocked for 5 runs a while back, but he’s been giving up more hits lately.  

Posted (edited)

If Baez can actually do something here that'll be a bigger entrance than Ces had with a big HR in his opening series with the Nationals.

Welp guess this game was vintage Baez, a HR, flashy defense and a big K

Edited by NJDevs4978

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

If Baez can actually do something here that'll be a bigger entrance than Ces had with a big HR in his opening series with the Nationals.

You knew once it got to 3 and 2, that he was gonna whiff.  Because the guy is allergic to walking (and getting on base).  We’ll just have to enjoy the occasional dingers. 

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

I admit I didn't think Diaz was getting out of that inning after the first guy got on.

Yeah me neither!  Figured down by one, best case.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Huge fvcking win!  They absolutely needed this.

4 games up on the Braves, 4.5 up on the Phillies.

To get to 88 wins:

Mets 55-48 (33-26)

To pass the Mets:

Braves 52-53 (37-20)

Phillies 51-53 (38-20)

Goddamn all the Mets have to do is just stop treading friggin’ water…hope it happens soon.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

BTW the Pirates have been a tough opponent for the top three teams in the NL East…they’ve gone 3-4 against the Braves, 4-3 against the Mets, and now 2-0 against the Phillies.  Go figure.

Posted (edited)

FFS now the new regime wastes a #10 pick, though I guess they get the #11 pick next year, whoopdie damn doo.  It's a shame you can't get medical exams of these players before the draft, but it's always something with this franchise isn't it?

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Angry 1

Can’t get mad at Megill…guy had been an extremely pleasant surprise to date.  Hopefully these salami bats can pick him up.  

Mets falling apart.  Not like they didn’t need help, but not like Sleepy Sandy had much interest in trying to find much of it.  Onto 2022, right Sandy?

The schedule gets ridiculous later in August too with a sh!tload of games against the West behemoths.  This was the ten-game division stretch where we really had to make some hay and they're staring 0-2 in the face against the Marlins.

And our Wilpon-esque offseason continues to bite us in the ass

Realmuto: .272/.358/.447 - 11 HR, 48 RBI in 302 AB, McCann .249/.316/.366 - 8 HR, 32 RBI in 273 AB

Passing on Springer to sign Conforto to an extension really paid off too

Springer: .271/.366/.579 - 11 HR and 22 RBI in 133 AB, Conforto .200/.327/.332 - 6 HR and 24 RBI in 220 AB

• Angry 1

All Sandy’s managed to do since coming back is constantly remind me how wrong he is for the “new” Mets.  He’s too small-market for New York.