2021 New York Mets season thread

And one last note to Mr. Cohen...you brought in an indifferent befuddled old man to run the show, and it's been every bit the disaster that it promised to be.  Make it right.  There's a still-young and very competent man out there who may (we don't know) be interested in running the Mets.  You know who he is.  Make the call.  Do whatever it takes to get him in here.  Your Mets have just as little credibility as the Wilpon Mets.  Cleaning house is one thing, but if you hire some other buffoon to run things, it won't ever get better.

Do NOT fvck around.  Theo may be available.  Go find out!   

Pretty funny comment I saw somewhere:

Cohen invited Zack over to his house to discuss the boos.

Zack thought he meant "booze".  

• Haha 1
  • Shocking 1

47 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And as others have pointed out, this is the same GM that made his comments about personal responsibility criticizing the players just a few weeks ago.

Yeah he’s gotta go.  Ditto Sandy (duh).

This is beyond embarrassing, dangerous, and yet ANOTHER black eye for a franchise that continues to be mired in the Wilpon muck. Nothing has changed under Cohen. Absolutely nothing regarding the clownshow 2nd rate operation we're running. Both Sandy and Scott need to be gone. Hopefully immediately but Scott is likely to be fired (or suspended and re-assigned) while Sandy steps away at seasons end. He's likely done in Major League Baseball in any capacity anyway

20 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And I guess Zack's new full title is "Acting like a dumbass" GM?

He needs to be removed. Investigate and whatnot...whatever the protocol is. Old man Sandy can sleep through September as acting GM and then he goes out the door with Scott in Oct. Need a fresh start. Theo Epstein come on down...

but this franchise needs buttoning up top to bottom. This has to stop. Even when they turn it around a bit (against bad teams) they give us a tiny bit of hope down 5...this happens. They cannot stop embarrassing themselves

Even the wretched Jets cleaned themselves up better than the Mets. 

Edited by '7'

1 hour ago, '7' said:

He needs to be removed. Investigate and whatnot...whatever the protocol is. Old man Sandy can sleep through September as acting GM and then he goes out the door with Scott in Oct. Need a fresh start. Theo Epstein come on down...

but this franchise needs buttoning up top to bottom. This has to stop. Even when they turn it around a bit (against bad teams) they give us a tiny bit of hope down 5...this happens. They cannot stop embarrassing themselves

Even the wretched Jets cleaned themselves up better than the Mets. 

Said it before, but now it’s a question of will Cohen hire the right people?  It starts there.  We know who the very obvious candidate is, but there’s others that I’m sure could handle the task of running a team.  But it’s on Cohen to find him, and then get out of the way.  Sign the checks.  Let your baseball men do the rest.

Eked another one against a crap team. But hey it's something. Though Atlanta is currently winning. 4 in a row...but a long way to go

The Rockies have beyond ridiculous splits at home/road. Maybe they can rally here. God willing

5 back, but still under .500, AND they need a lot of help with only 29 games to play.  Atlanta’s schedule is also not hard at all down the stretch. 

Given how much tougher the Mets schedule gets, I still think they gotta win ALL of their remaining games against the Nats and Marlins.  They’ll be 74-67 if they can manage that.  Then we’ll see how many games they trail by.  Feels like the longest of longshots though…I’ll be stunned if that season finale against the Braves will mean anything for the Mets.

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

5 back, but still under .500, AND they need a lot of help with only 29 games to play.  Atlanta’s schedule is also not hard at all down the stretch. 

Given how much tougher the Mets schedule gets, I still think they gotta win ALL of their remaining games against the Nats and Marlins.  They’ll be 74-67 if they can manage that.  Then we’ll see how many games they trail by.  Feels like the longest of longshots though…I’ll be stunned if that season finale against the Braves will mean anything for the Mets.

I doubt it does, and even if it somehow did you could never count on the Mets to beat Atlanta when it really matters. They never have. I see them going into that weekend roughly where they are now. No closer than 4 back

The Braves do have some games with the Pads, Phillies, and Giants. But also Dbacks, Nats, Marlins. The Nats and Marlins do not play the Braves the same way they play the Mets. They want to beat the Mets and play hard every time they see us. They'll roll over for Atlanta.

2 hours ago, '7' said:

I doubt it does, and even if it somehow did you could never count on the Mets to beat Atlanta when it really matters. They never have. I see them going into that weekend roughly where they are now. No closer than 4 back

The Braves do have some games with the Pads, Phillies, and Giants. But also Dbacks, Nats, Marlins. The Nats and Marlins do not play the Braves the same way they play the Mets. They want to beat the Mets and play hard every time they see us. They'll roll over for Atlanta.

Braves are only 9-7 against the Marlins.  Even though they've been winning against them lately, a lot of the games have been close.    

The Nats are 15-39 since the start of June.  They're 1-5 against the Mets and 1-5 against the Braves in that stretch.  Basically, they're sucking against EVERYONE right now.  And even if the Marlins and Nats were willing to roll over for the Braves...not their fault that the Mets fell completely to pieces against the Giants and Dodgers.

Basically, both the Marlins and the Nats are meh enough that if the Mets can't win almost all of their games against them, they really don't deserve to go to the postseason anyway...at any rate, just needing as much help as they do speaks loudly to that fact.  

Lmao both Lindor and Alonso turn in sh!tty ABs with runners on second and third…and wonder why they get booed.  At least Alonso’s had a pretty good year…Lindor’s been mostly sh!t.  A chance to blow the game open goes bye-bye, yet again.

1 minute ago, '7' said:

I have hated few athletes more than I do Diaz. Totally gutless. I seriously dislike him more than any other of our choker closers of years past

I’m with ya.  He’s infuriating…you see him come in and you’re already nervous.

yep, big fvcking surprise.  You just KNEW this was coming.

And of course, the village of runners that zilches like Lindor left on base comes back to bite the Mets in the ass.  But keep whining about how much you don’t like being booed you fvcking $341 million crybaby p*ssy.  fvck right off loser.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Nats are fvcking terrible, but still, good job not to let yet another Diaz fail kill them.  Kudos.

Braves face just four pitches in the ninth, go down one-two-three.  Game over.

Mets trail Phils by two, Braves by four. Still a lot of work to be done and still a long shot.  But at least for the moment, their season is on life support.