GDT: Caps @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+ NHLN

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I didn't say that we built i said we were building around him. 

So right now we have a first line center who can't finish so that's the excuse.

And our top prospect is a sniper that apparently cannot score because he doesn't have a center.

Well once those 2 are put together. No more excuses after that

Part of the problem is Jack shouldn’t be playing 1C yet. We need Nico back in a bad way. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We haven’t really drafted a goal scorer since Parise. The last couple we’ve had (Palms, Kovy) were outside guys. Maybe Henrique.

Holtz better pan out...

I'm inclined to count Henrique given the dreck that's followed his arrival in NJ.

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

We haven’t really drafted a goal scorer since Parise. The last couple we’ve had (Palms, Kovy) were outside guys. Maybe Henrique.

Holtz better pan out...

Haha, we had a brief moment there where we tried.  Weren’t Bergfors and Tedenby both supposed to be among the best scorers in their draft years?  Unfortunately Conte was an absolute scrub by then.  

I agree on Holtz.  

2 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Haha, we had a brief moment there where we tried.  Weren’t Bergfors and Tedenby both supposed to be among the best scorers in their draft years?  Unfortunately Conte was an absolute scrub by then.  

I agree on Holtz.  

Reid Boucher was (and is if he isn't in the NHL) a goal scorer. 

I'm not even sure how to describe what happened on that last attempt in OT and what cause him to fall in close without getting  a shot off even after watching over and over again. You have to think at some point those kind of things will stop happening. It's even more than bad luck which he's has plenty of imo. He toe picked away an opportunity a few games back, unfortunately I think the pressure is weighing on him for sure and not having Nico is only becoming even more of an issue as time goes on. Hopefully something gives soon.

37 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I'm not even sure how to describe what happened on that last attempt in OT and what cause him to fall in close without getting  a shot off even after watching over and over again. You have to think at some point those kind of things will stop happening. It's even more than bad luck which he's has plenty of imo. He toe picked away an opportunity a few games back, unfortunately I think the pressure is weighing on him for sure and not having Nico is only becoming even more of an issue as time goes on. Hopefully something gives soon.

“Be quick, but don’t hurry,” is a famous quote from John Wooden, the legendary basketball coach of UCLA. In other words, do the right things, but learn how to do them quickly. Author Andrew Hill recounting his playing days with Wooden, says, “Life, like basketball, must be played fast–but never out of control.” In product development, lack of quickness results in competitive disadvantage, while hurrying causes mistakes. Balance is one of the keys to agility. “Wooden’s genius was in helping his players find and maintain that razor’s edge between quickness and hurrying,” says Hill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

The narrative is that he’s not a goal scorer. That narrative looks more and more correct each game. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The narrative is that he’s not a goal scorer. That narrative looks more and more correct each game. 

I get that but for an elite skater how do you end you sliding into second without even getting a shot off, that's the over the top part.  You go in and get stopped ok, I get it most guys will get stopped most of the time. Almost every guy stays on their feet, elite skaters certainly due. I just think it's in his head at this point for sure.  It's not the first time he Daniel Jones'd it in the last couple of weeks.

16 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I get that but for an elite skater how do you end you sliding into second without even getting a shot off, that's the over the top part.  You go in and get stopped ok, I get it most guys will get stopped most of the time. Almost every guy stays on their feet, elite skaters certainly due. I just think it's in his head at this point for sure.  It's not the first time he Daniel Jones'd it in the last couple of weeks.

I’m not going to comment on this because all that happens is I get attacked. Not in the mood today, someone else can do it. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not going to comment on this because all that happens is I get attacked. Not in the mood today, someone else can do it. 

You attacked me for making these comments, you are bizarre.

He falls cause hes small lol

a wrister from him has zero weight behind it. I can go on...

2 minutes ago, lazer said:

You attacked me for making these comments, you are bizarre.

He falls cause hes small lol

a wrister from him has zero weight behind it. I can go on...

I think you definitely have the wrong person, I definitely never attacked anyone regarding Jack’s futility, I get criticized for saying it all the time. 

31 minutes ago, lazer said:

Also, did anyone see orlovs wrister cause couldnt even see it in slow motion replay

Even my wife said,  holy sh!t I never saw it.."   

tbh , jack has fairly decent velocity in his wrist shot.. this team just needs to learn to shoot for the top corners.

• Like 1