GDT: Caps @ Devils- Round 8: The final round (thankfully) 3:00 PM MSG+ NHLN

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I also will never, ever understand the PP drop-pass in the neutral zone.  Ty Smith is being hounded by a Capital player while skating through center, he gets past the guy and could continue the break-out, only to drop it right back the opposite way, behind the Caps player.  WHAT IS THE fvckING POINT?!  Why even bother getting past that opposing player then?!?!

There is none. It never works and never will

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i don't want to speak for everyone. But personally i'm a little irritated at how opportunistic the caps are

That’s why this team has been a contender year after year for like a decade +

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I also will never, ever understand the PP drop-pass in the neutral zone.  Ty Smith is being hounded by a Capital player while skating through center, he gets past the guy and could continue the break-out, only to drop it right back the opposite way, behind the Caps player.  WHAT IS THE fvckING POINT?!  Why even bother getting past that opposing player then?!?!

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

There is none. It never works and never will

I think the concept is that you drop the puck back and that catches the other team's players standing still so your guy can come up the ice and gain the zone with speed...But I agree it doesn't really work. It might fare better if they didn't try it almost every time they try to gain the zone, it doesn't exactly catch anyone off guard.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I think the concept is that you drop the puck back and that catches the other team's players standing still so your guy can come up the ice and gain the zone with speed...But I agree it doesn't really work. It might fare better if they didn't try it almost every time they try to gain the zone, it doesn't exactly catch anyone off guard.

Yeah, I mean, I understand what the concept is too, but it seems to completely defeat the purpose when they've already managed to break past a guy and could probably have a pretty easy time entering the zone, only to drop it back anyway, even though they don't need to do so.  It's so, so odd, and really just momentum-killing.

1 minute ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Bratt fvcking sucks. Does not understand how to forecheck. Sick of him. Soft as hell

Yeah I mean, he seems like a passenger on the ice.  He's somewhat creative with the puck, but he's not the fastest guy, nor is he a complete sniper, and sometimes I question his effort.  It's weird because he looks like he should have the speed to keep up with most guys on the ice, but I don't often see him playing a two-way game.  Shame because I think he could be a good penalty killer if he found a way to play more defensively when needed.

Guess I won’t need to watch this one later...delete options are such a plus sometimes...

Time for Fitz to start purging some of the losers out of the franchise.  

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah I mean, he seems like a passenger on the ice.  He's somewhat creative with the puck, but he's not the fastest guy, nor is he a complete sniper, and sometimes I question his effort.  It's weird because he looks like he should have the speed to keep up with most guys on the ice, but I don't often see him playing a two-way game.  Shame because I think he could be a good penalty killer if he found a way to play more defensively when needed.

He’s spare parts. I don’t care how creative you are with the puck, the lot of these suck off the puck. 

Why were Zajac, Sharangovich, and Kouks good together? Because they are the only three that have a motor on the forecheck and backcheck

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Guess I won’t need to watch this one later...delete options are such a plus sometimes...

Time for Fitz to start purging some of the losers out of the franchise.  

Yeah you don’t need don’t to bother, believe me. It’s been just like every other game against the a$$hole Caps.

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I've never been sold on Bratt, but our fans continue to drool over him. Consider him untouchable.

Ofc he’s not untouchable, but he’s a really good player. I’m amazed that’s even a debate.