GDT: Caps @ Devils- Round 8: The final round (thankfully) 3:00 PM MSG+ NHLN

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Thank the gods lol. He definitely deserved it after playing such a great game.

To some this will be another chart that doesn't mean anything without the points to back it up , but holy fvck , he can't do much more. 

• Like 7

Well, the older man Travis Zajac showed he still has it. I have been saying this lately because he is playing well. Travis has been a  consistent two-way player for some time and maybe one of the best Devil's players on this current team. 

He has been a favorite of mine since he arrived.

Way to go Travis.

• Like 1

13 points in his last 15 GP for Travis.  If he’s one of the guys getting moved at the deadline, at least he’s going out on a productive note.  Happy for him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brewskies said:

Well, the older man Travis Zajac showed he still has it. I have been saying this lately because he is playing well. Travis has been a  consistent two-way player for some time and maybe one of the best Devil's players on this current team. 

He has been a favorite of mine since he arrived.

Way to go Travis.

Remember a couple years ago when people were complaining he was useless, overpaid, and wanted him shipped out? Not even like the team needed the cap space anyway, but ridiculous either way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Remember a couple years ago when people were complaining he was useless, overpaid, and wanted him shipped out? Not even like the team needed the cap space anyway, but ridiculous either way. 

I remember it well. When he got his first big contract from Lou Devil's fans started the hate about $$$s and Year's. He just played his game and proved these fans were wrong, I hope.

Just now, Brewskies said:

I remember it well. When he got his first big contract from Lou Devil's fans started the hate about $$$s and Year's. He just played his game and proved these fans were wrong, I hope.

For years, fans were waiting for repeats of his two 60+ points seasons.  It just never happened.  He became more of an intangible type, but unfortunately for a team that was not good most years.  I think he was a good soldier here who did his best.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

13 points in his last 15 GP for Travis.  If he’s one of the guys getting moved at the deadline, at least he’s going out on a productive note.  Happy for him.

I really hope we keep him. But I wouldn't blame him for wanting a shot. If we can Vatanen him , then that would be great. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For years, fans were waiting for repeats of his two 60+ points seasons.  It just never happened.  He became more of an intangible type, but unfortunately for a team that was not good most years.  I think he was a good soldier here who did his best.  

A good soldier who is still doing his best. 

• Like 1