Zajac & Palms to NYI

jagknife

Missed this getting ready for my oldests 4th Birthday. 

The trade is ok, I have no interest in the players coming in at all. Happy with the 1st, the more first rounders the more chance of hitting some gold. Even lower down the order. I didn't think we would get a first for Palms, so maybe this is a cumulative effect adding in Travis. 

I honestly think Travis will be back with us by the end of the summer. Can't blame him for wanting a shot again. I think Palms is gone. 

Initially I was hoping for some NHL ready talent. But having read a recent piece on how the Sabres fvcked up their rebuild by trying to push too soon and bringing in guys who were peaking when the young guys weren't ready, I am happy with another draft pick. I think realistically this team will only start loading up when Nico is 24-25. 

So that's another 2 years of growth and suffering. But hey , we have come this far, why rush now? 

I know at first i really though that it was basically a first for Palms and a 4th for zajac. But the more i think about it it makes a lot of sense.

We got Palms 5-6 years ago for a 2nd + 3rd as a RFA. He was not worth a 1st for 17 remaining games as a UFA, especially with the season he's been having.

And Travis I mean... he didn't go above 50 pts in 11 years... and only went above 50 twice in his whole NHL career. What could we actually expect for him? If you look at similar player. Say Derrick Brassard, i feel that's a fair comparison to Travis. Well look at every time he was traded. It wasn't for much.

So all in all i do feel a first and a 4th is fair for those 2. Plus we got some prospects i guess but mehh

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know at first i really though that it was basically a first for Palms and a 4th for zajac. But the more i think about it it makes a lot of sense.

We got Palms 5-6 years ago for a 2nd + 3rd as a RFA. He was not worth a 1st for 17 remaining games as a UFA, especially with the season he's been having.

And Travis I mean... he didn't go above 50 pts in 11 years... and only went above 50 twice in his whole NHL career. What could we actually expect for him? If you look at similar player. Say Derrick Brassard, i feel that's a fair comparison to Travis. Well look at every time he was traded. It wasn't for much.

So all in all i do feel a first and a 4th is fair for those 2. Plus we got some prospects i guess but mehh

The older I get, the more things annoy me. But when people try to break down trades into something else, it really bothers me. We got two scrubs, a 1st and a 4th for Palms and Zajac. It’s not a first for one and a 4th for the other. 

I also don’t like when people try to combine trades and say “Basically we got so and so for so and so” when there’s like six degrees of separation in between and sometimes the deals are not even related.Orlike the idiots who said “basically we traded Kerfoot for Butcher”, which is not even remotely true. One didn’t sign with is and one did. So basically we traded every player on our roster for every player that decided not to sign with us. 

If you want to try to make it something else in your head, great. But it doesn’t work that way and it’s not one pick for one guy and the other pick for the other guy. 

Like Sterio said, 17 games of Palms, in his sh!ttiest season as a Devil, doesn’t get you a 1st round pick. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The older I get, the more things annoy me. But when people try to break down trades into something else, it really bothers me. We got two scrubs, a 1st and a 4th for Palms and Zajac. It’s not a first for one and a 4th for the other. 

I also don’t like when people try to combine trades and say “Basically we got so and so for so and so” when there’s like six degrees of separation in between and sometimes the deals are not even related.Orlike the idiots who said “basically we traded Kerfoot for Butcher”, which is not even remotely true. One didn’t sign with is and one did. So basically we traded every player on our roster for every player that decided not to sign with us. 

If you want to try to make it something else in your head, great. But it doesn’t work that way and it’s not one pick for one guy and the other pick for the other guy. 

Like Sterio said, 17 games of Palms, in his sh!ttiest season as a Devil, doesn’t get you a 1st round pick. 

Yeah well what i'm seeing a lot is basically people getting frustrated and see some injustice or unfair result.... based on their own expectations based on what they want to believe.

Like for example. God knows how many times i've seen hockey check getting reviewed to see if there's suspension. Well... most fans are like "THAT'S A HEADSHOT BUT I BET THE LEAGUE WON'T EVEN SUSPEND HIM BECAUSE THE LEAGUE IS AGAINST US" when in reality the principal point of contact was the chest and might have got the chin eventually. Then the decision is taken... no suspension obviously. Then of course they all lose their sh!t because in their minds... a player literally hit their player in the head and didn't even get suspended. They just can't see the truth for what it is.

So i guess it's the same thing with trades or wtv. Sometimes fanbase will be convinced that their player is worth more than they think and then get upset at a return that is actually quite fair

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

What’s your point? You asked when the last time was, and you got the answer.

I quoted CR - he said he would'nt be surprised if some of those guys re-signed with us, and then I said I would be.  Then I asked my question. Is that ok with you? 

Not sure what I might have done to you, but I feel like the last few times you've responded to any of my posts you been really short, maybe even agitated lol. If I did something, my apologies.  You seem edgy. 

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nico and Jack say hello.

And to be clear, I like both players a lot...but they still feel very “new”.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Our fan base just craps all over everyone and everything because they were fvcking spoiled for 20 years. The woe is me sh!t gets really old after a while.

I'm guilty of the woe is me stuff too. Its been a lot of losing. But I always have hope for the young players. You just never know when a Coleman or Bratt can come out of no where 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I quoted CR - he said he would'nt be surprised if some of those guys re-signed with us, and then I said I would be.  Then I asked my question. Is that ok with you? 

Not sure what I might have done to you, but I feel like the last few times you've responded to any of my posts you been really short, maybe even agitated lol. If I did something, my apologies.  You seem edgy. 

No, you literally asked when the last time it happened was. It was answered (by me and like 5 other people) and your response to that was weird. 

I’m not agitated, I’m fine. I don’t know if you read my posts but I’m not exactly passive aggressive lol. 

Edited by mfitz804

42 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And to be clear, I like both players a lot...but they still feel very “new”.  

True. But they are the faces of the franchise now. As of last night, it’s officially their team.

Edited by MadDog2020

• 2 weeks later...