Zajac & Palms to NYI

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You...think Zajac and Palmieri were the key to us starting to win?

I think they brought more than many that are already on the roster.   I don't think you can roll out even more kids and expect anything to change around here.  Add two more plugs from next door they will fit in nicely.  

I look forward to the 25th(ish) pick and our free agent signings.  That will right this ship. Status quo as Lou always said.

But I'll give you this much I just don't care enough anymore to get upset about it. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Today was the day that he told me he'd like a chance to move on and win. We as an organization owe Travis that. I was proud to do that." There you have it. He chose not to be a lifetime Devil fo

Didn’t see the Zajac move coming, but it’s not surprising. Best of luck to both of them.

Zajac no longer being a lifer kinda bums me out a bit.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

1.  Zajac seemed to be an asset lately for any young guy on his line, so if he can help their development, yes.   

2.  I think you already brought this up but if he keeps Zacha in a top 6 LW spot while he handles 3C duties, that's a net positive.   

At this point, I don't think we need to do a second stint for Palmieri.   That feels to Rolston or Sykora 2.0 without the benefit of Elias propping them up.    

I want Pickle Juice 2.0.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Because when you're picking after 20, it's a dart throw. But my real answer is because it's Travis Zajac and Kyle Palmieri, two players who did a good job for us. And it's the Islanders, not the Flyers or Rangers. That makes a difference, at least to me it does. 

And I’d rather have the higher pick. It’s fine, people have different opinions. For me, I would rather have the 25th best player than the 26th, if we pick it wrong that’s on us. 

Good for them. Going to a franchise with stability, identity, structure, accountability, understanding of forechecking and backchecking, in zone coverage - a professional hockey team. 

All things we’ve lacked since sh!t canning Lou. Thanks ownership. This franchise is pathetic 

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

I want Pickle Juice 2.0.

I’d bring that fvcker back any day, but I think Dallas will be calling. 

• Like 1
Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

What did you expect to get?

Didn't expect to trade one of our stalwarts for two minor leaguers and a crap shoot. Zajac on the Devils is better than what we got back. Palms is like whatever, but the team gave away too much.

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

Didn't expect to trade one of our stalwarts for two minor leaguers and a crap shoot. Zajac on the Devils is better than what we got back. Palms is like whatever, but the team gave away too much.

Zajac on the Devils for 19 games of losing hockey is not worth more than a first round pick. 

• Like 2
Just now, CarpathianForest said:

I wish he would have stayed, because the feels, but it wasn't like he was going to make us a playoff team or anything. At least we got SOMETHING. A first is something.

53 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Zajac no longer being a lifer kinda bums me out a bit.

The best goalie in the history of the game ended up not being a lifer. After that happened, I got over the idea of players retiring having only played in one jersey. (If you're a football fan, look no further than the greatest to ever play the game now donning a Bucs jersey)

• Like 1
Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I wish he would have stayed, because the feels, but it wasn't like he was going to make us a playoff team or anything. At least we got SOMETHING. A first is something.

A first is nothing from a playoff bound team in a ho hum draft. And outside of the number ones it's not like we have been good at drafting in the recent past. I'm totally fine keeping and aging Zajac instead of going for a high first rounder ala Quennville or Matteau

I feel...weird.  Hard to explain.  Obviously Devils had to get what they could.  Sorry to see both guys go, but obviously understand why.

Just looking forward to the day where the deadline represents something other than a chance to obtain assets that might turn out to be something or might not.  Outside of the breath of fresh air that was the 2017-18 season, just feels like the Devils are forever spinning their wheels.  Really hope the collection of kids become...something.  That’s all I got today.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

The best goalie in the history of the game ended up not being a lifer. After that happened, I got over the idea of players retiring having only played in one jersey. (If you're a football fan, look no further than the greatest to ever play the game now donning a Bucs jersey)

Yep. It’s just so rare these days. My NFL team just lost two long time greats in AJ Green and Geno Atkins in the same offseason. It sucks but it is what it is. And we didn’t even get anything for them. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

A first is nothing from a playoff bound team in a ho hum draft. And outside of the number ones it's not like we have been good at drafting in the recent past. I'm totally fine keeping and aging Zajac instead of going for a high first rounder ala Quennville or Matteau

But for 20 meaningless games? What’s the point? Why not get something for him? 

also the picks don’t have to be to draft a player and hope he makes the team one day. They can also be used as extra ammo in future trades to improve the team.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I don't agree. Better anything than lose them for nothing. When this team kept players hoping to sign them in the off season and then ended up with nothing people were pissed. Now they make a trade and get something and people still unhappy. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

And I’d rather have the higher pick. It’s fine, people have different opinions. For me, I would rather have the 25th best player than the 26th, if we pick it wrong that’s on us. 

That's cool. Whatever happens, I hope the stars align, and that we pick well wherever the selection ends up. We both want the same thing ultimately. If someone can guarantee that we get a star at pick #24, I will root for the Islanders to get eliminated in the round required to get that pick .... Zajac be damned. :D

1 minute ago, devlman said:

I think he just wants to be mad.

Hey Patrick, are you mad too? | Funny spongebob memes, Spongebob memes,  Spongebob

Edited by NJDevils1214
Just now, devlman said:

Exactly. You didn’t have Zajac under contract for longer. Maybe you could’ve extended him, maybe not, maybe you still can. 

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think he just wants to be mad.

I do, but seriously it gets tiring walking past the school janitor every year and telling him we suck when he asks how mu team is doing.

Edited by CarpathianForest
4 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Not true at all. Ty Smith is a total stud. Mercer and Holtz make every single top prospect list. 

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

That's cool. Whatever happens, I hope the stars align, and that we pick well wherever the selection ends up. We both want the same thing ultimately. If someone can guarantee that we get a star at pick #24, I will root for the Islanders to get eliminated in the round required to get that pick .... Zajac be damned. :D

I don’t need a guarantee, a chance at improving our team is more important than other teams winning the Cup. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If that’s the case, why didn’t he start making us win earlier??

Yeah, because there is no middle ground between being an continuing asset for the young guys development and "making us win earlier."