GDT: NJD @ BUF: V2 of Two bad teams compete to see who isn't the worst

Devs3cups

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sharangovich is perfect for Jack’s line. 

yeah i mean i'm not sure why it was not more obvious and ive said it before. From the start of the season Sharangovich has been scoring almost more often than not when he was in a good position to score. And Hughes is a setup man with finishers w ho couldnt finish

• Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

yeah i mean i'm not sure why it was not more obvious and ive said it before. From the start of the season Sharangovich has been scoring almost more often than not when he was in a good position to score. And Hughes is a setup man with finishers w ho couldnt finish

Damn it, I forgot to post this when Jack scored. 

51100310503_26fd948d4c_b.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yep. For whatever reason Jack and Palms were just like oil and water. 

I was watching Palms highlights last night and the goals he scored when he first got here were so much more dynamic than recent years. He was winning loose pucks, beating D men, using his speed to get in great position. I don't feel like he did any of those things in recent years. All he knew how to do was shoot. It's like he got lazy having Nico and Hall set him up.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

i've been listening on repeat the play right before the goal lol

Lots of swearing from the Sabres "MOVE!!!" "WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO GO?!?" etc etc hahaha

Some rinks like Buffalo don’t have the crowd noise piped in. Enjoy the pure sounds of the game while you still can.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

His partially deaf and blind, so being at the studio in NY prob doesn't help him lol.

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He just said Jack had a two point night, a goal and two assists lol. 

Ok…  so make that blind, deaf and dumb  😂 

I don’t mind Cangi.   I feel like I grew up with him as he climbed the coverage ranks.

And truthfully it bounced so quickly out, I thought it was off the post or something for a split second too…

6 hours ago, aylbert said:

Ok…  so make that blind, deaf and dumb  😂 

I don’t mind Cangi.   I feel like I grew up with him as he climbed the coverage ranks.

And truthfully it bounced so quickly out, I thought it was off the post or something for a split second too…

But he never knows. They call a penalty, he doesn’t notice or if he does, he had no idea which team it’s against. 

The 5th goal is a perfect example of why Hughes should’ve never been playing with Palms and Bratt. Neither of them are great at puck retrieval. Kouks makes a good play in the corner, Hughes is in perfect defensive position on the forecheck, as is 17. 

Bratt and Palms were never good at digging pucks out of the corner. That makes the line completely one dimensional, once they lost possession off the zone entry, they never got it back. 

Physical hockey isn’t about dragging your knuckles around the ice, it’s disrupting the breakout like Kouks did and causing turnovers. This play in particular was refreshing because it’s so simple yet something the Devils have been so bad at. 

Instead of chasing the puck where he’s rather useless, keep Jack as the high man on the forecheck as he will eat teams alive with his creativity poaching turnovers there.

• Like 4

I know he was asked a question, but settle down Minus Man...you haven't exactly been part of the solution:

Chris Ryan on Twitter: "I asked Damon Severson about the frustration of the Devils going through another trade deadline as sellers. Here was his response: https://t.co/m8vhdNuNZH https://t.co/KQCYpX2dhz" / Twitter

As for last night, was a fun game, and if anything, it's nice to see that the current crop of kids looks much more legit, as to some of them having a possible future here...no more Lappins, Seneys, Blandisis and Qs, who only had age on their side...not to pick on any of them too much, but you know guys like that aren't going to help you get out of the gutter, and they're little more than warm bodies.  Like others have noted, yet another season of being on the outside looking in sucks and I'm definitely finally starting to lose patience some.  Really curious to see how this youngin bunch plays down the stretch...like MD2020 said elsewhere, this really is Nico and Jack's team now...Nico's almost a vet when compared to a number of his teammates.

I'll give you that, like many Devils, Severson's +/- was at times affected by substandard goaltending in past seasons...and I never said +/- was a be-all end-all number.  And obviously that stat can be influenced by the quality of a player's team.

That being said, Seves has had plenty of brainfarts and infuriating moments throughout his career...even if +/- has its flaws, the guy is -114 in 468 GP...that's pretty brutal...not 100% on him, but not all due to rotten luck either.  He's rapidly coming up on 500 GP and sure, he has some good moments, but it's still up for debate how good he is...or if he's even all that good to begin with.  If you want to argue that he is asked to do too much (typical of players on bad teams), that's probably fair.

I don't disagree with anything Severson said (who would at this point?), but I'm not sure I necessarily wanted to hear it from him in particular.  But kudos to him for speaking his mind, because a lot of guys these days aren't so forthright.  You are right that it's nice to hear that the players are getting just as fed up with losing as we are.

And enough with "the entire forum".  Your posts can quite entertaining and funny, and there's definitely plenty of emotion present, but lumping everyone who isn't you into one group isn't really accurate.  Lots more shades of gray around here than you're acknowledging.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I said "the entire forum is sick of how complacent the Devils are in losing". If anyone doesn't share that opinion, that's.... alarming. 

Yeah that's fair for sure.