GDT: NJD @ BUF: V2 of Two bad teams compete to see who isn't the worst

Devs3cups

6 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I mean this is basically development camp now. At some point it might be nice to see some development though.....

Holtz team is eliminated as of today so we might see him sooner than later too

Also, we mostly all thought McLeod and Zacha were busts. And they've both made a GIANT step forward this season. We also thought maybe Smith wasn't going to be that great after failing to make the team last year. And he's possibly a calder nominee this season. There's a lot of development to see

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Advanced stats are saying Zacha is sh!t though. I don't get it.

I saw that and it made me hate analytics again. "Oh don't be happy this guy is having a breakout season, he's actually playing terrible. Nerd logic says so"

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

So did Merkley clear waivers, or did they have some sort of opportunity to pull him back after the trade? 

Assuming he just cleared. 

When you said he was in the lineup tonight I was a little confused why you said that - I've been pretty busy lately and haven't been completely up on everything that's been going on...did we actually waive him too? If so that would make absolutely no sense. Hasn't he looked pretty damn good so far this season? 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

When you said he was in the lineup tonight I was a little confused why you said that - I've been pretty busy lately and haven't been completely up on everything that's been going on...did we actually waive him too? If so that would make absolutely no sense. Hasn't he looked pretty damn good so far this season? 

He was waived, then the trade came, and I never saw anything about him clearing. Then I saw him sitting on the bench lol.