Jump to content

GDT: Penguins @ Devils - 7:00PM - MSG+2


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get the fvck off me with these calls

Dirty Jack rules!!

Nice hit by Kulikov. Love it. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well tbf it was probably more about durability/health concerns. Just last year Carolina (who’s a good team) traded for him, so i don’t think anyone saw this level of drop off coming. 

I think you need to give some of the league GMs way more credit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, titans04 said:

I think you need to give some of the league GMs way more credit. 

It’s the same reason Murray only brought back a 5th round pick. Health concerns. Vatanen was never all that good defensively to begin with, but I stand by what I said. I don’t think anyone could have predicted just how bad he’s been this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Devils do try most nights.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like we could've won this one but for some fluke bounces. Whatever, we have like a grand total of 1,800 NHL games on the ice and we scored 4 goals. I guess that’s something. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Idk who Paul Gagne is, but the rest of that list is pretty good company...

 

211 points in 390 games mostly with Colorado Rockies, NJ, 25 of those games with Toronto and NYI. Then in Europe. 

Aside from that random guy, not bad company. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Our new PA guy has a familiar sounding voice, but I can’t put my finger on who it is.

He's done games at Red Bull Arena for years, not sure what else he does though where you would have heard him before. 

Personally I don't give 2 sh*ts about Kevin Clark leaving. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

He's done games at Red Bull Arena for years, not sure what else he does though where you would have heard him before. 

Personally I don't give 2 sh*ts about Kevin Clark leaving. 

I think he may have done Rags PA at one point. I thought it was a voice I’ve heard at the Garden.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

It sucks to lose but losses like this is the best case scenario IMO.

The kids fought till the end. Hopefully learned something from their mistakes and only lost by a goal

Could not disagree more. Winning has to matter

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Could not disagree more. Winning has to matter

Exactly. What good are these kids when we keep bringing them into a culture of "keep trying guys, maybe we'll start winning in 5-10 more years"

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Could not disagree more. Winning has to matter

 

23 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Exactly. What good are these kids when we keep bringing them into a culture of "keep trying guys, maybe we'll start winning in 5-10 more years"

What's the alternative? Having them being depressed and unhappy being on this team? asking for trades? giving up? Stopped caring if they win or not and just milk their paychecks? 

The kids are doing everything they can out there. The team is just lacking experience and skills at the moment. And they understand that. They are a young group learning to play the game together and they appear to handle that well at the moment. They are not losing from a lack of trying or not giving an effort, the team overall is just not good enough yet

Obviously it "sounds" good the good ol' "winning at all cost raw raw rawwww" but that's just not realistic in this scenario.

Putting things in place, being patient and trusting the process with a bunch of young kids growing together sure as hell beat having blind faith that you have a chance to win when you don't and not trying to win no matter what and dragging the team to the ground like we did up to 2015. THATS one of the main reason we're in this sh!t hole to start with. 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 100% on board with winning as many games as possible, but it’s too late for this season. Let them try, do wverything you can to win, but if they don’t? We’ve already missed the playoffs in a Covid season where we were expected to do nothing and we just sold off our two most prolific veterans (also, our only veteran forwards). 

Any player who looks at this season with all of the above and says “doesn’t matter because losing is acceptable in this organization” has a bad attitude and we should get rid of them immediately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

 

What's the alternative? Having them being depressed and unhappy being on this team? asking for trades? giving up? Stopped caring if they win or not and just milk their paychecks? 

The kids are doing everything they can out there. The team is just lacking experience and skills at the moment. And they understand that. They are a young group learning to play the game together and they appear to handle that well at the moment. They are not losing from a lack of trying or not giving an effort, the team overall is just not good enough yet

Obviously it "sounds" good the good ol' "winning at all cost raw raw rawwww" but that's just not realistic in this scenario.

Putting things in place, being patient and trusting the process with a bunch of young kids growing together sure as hell beat having blind faith that you have a chance to win when you don't and not trying to win no matter what and dragging the team to the ground like we did up to 2015. THATS one of the main reason we're in this sh!t hole to start with. 

I have no problem waiting, but we waited years while Shero spun the tires and kicked the can down the road. Now we have Fitz who I like and seems to be making good moves. I like what he's building. 

But how in the world you can't see why people might be frustrated, I have no idea. You talk about 2015 like it wasn't 6 years ago. So far in that time we have risen to the great height of "well at least we aren't Buffalo" 

People are going to be frustrated. A lot of us pay good money to this team. Of course people aren't going to be happy to end yet another season hoping we sink far enough for another top 10 pick to add to the collection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I have no problem waiting, but we waited years while Shero spun the tires and kicked the can down the road. Now we have Fitz who I like and seems to be making good moves. I like what he's building. 

But how in the world you can't see why people might be frustrated, I have no idea. You talk about 2015 like it wasn't 6 years ago. So far in that time we have risen to the great height of "well at least we aren't Buffalo" 

People are going to be frustrated. A lot of us pay good money to this team. Of course people aren't going to be happy to end yet another season hoping we sink far enough for another top 10 pick to add to the collection. 

sure it's frustrating but context does matters. I'm not cheering our team not winning but i'm not getting angry cause it's quite obvious that the only way to get better is doing what we're doing and staying positive. And the only way to keep my sanity as a fan is to have the right mindset. And quite frankly it's hard to be THAT frustrated when you understand full context.

And yeah 2015 is 6 years ago. But 6 years is really not that much to rebuild when you start with that 2015 roster. We had like ONE prospect from back them who panned out. We had to trade (we no assets so low risk high rewards kind of moves. And unfortunately most didnt pan out) and we needed to rebuild the whole team PLUS our prospect pool.

If you'd take the time to actually start from 2015 and go year by year. See what we were able to get through draft.. then see how long it should take before these kids could have an impact in the NHL. And do the same thing for every draft til now. And see the trades and who was available on the market. We're really not doing that bad, we mostly made good moves but it's going to take time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I have no problem waiting, but we waited years while Shero spun the tires and kicked the can down the road. Now we have Fitz who I like and seems to be making good moves. I like what he's building. 

But how in the world you can't see why people might be frustrated, I have no idea. You talk about 2015 like it wasn't 6 years ago. So far in that time we have risen to the great height of "well at least we aren't Buffalo" 

People are going to be frustrated. A lot of us pay good money to this team. Of course people aren't going to be happy to end yet another season hoping we sink far enough for another top 10 pick to add to the collection. 

Rushing this now could see us being on Par with Buffalo. 

It's sh!t, but we are on the right track. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Rushing this now could see us being on Par with Buffalo. 

It's sh!t, but we are on the right track. 

I'm not expecting to rush. I think we are on the right track, absolutely. I like a lot of the prospects. I love getting a late first for 2 guys who weren't coming back. Our farm system has improved greatly in the last 6 years. 

But that doesn't mean I enjoy losing for 8 of 9 years, with the outlier being a year that we snuck into the playoffs and got creamed. Sometimes we get frustrated. Its another season waiting for the lottery. We can be patient and still not like being a bottom 5 team again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

We can be patient and still not like being a bottom 5 team again. 

Agreed. I hate that we don’t make the playoffs but I see they are making efforts. It’ll come. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm not expecting to rush. I think we are on the right track, absolutely. I like a lot of the prospects. I love getting a late first for 2 guys who weren't coming back. Our farm system has improved greatly in the last 6 years. 

But that doesn't mean I enjoy losing for 8 of 9 years, with the outlier being a year that we snuck into the playoffs and got creamed. Sometimes we get frustrated. Its another season waiting for the lottery. We can be patient and still not like being a bottom 5 team again. 

I don't think anyone is expecting people to like this it's a means to an end.

Obviously on paper we are bottom 5 , but I think it's hard to judge this team this year given the division we are playing in. It's by far the hardest in my opinion. It would be interesting to see how this team would fare playing a normal season. Apart from a few stretchs they have been competitive, and I could see us taking quite a few more wins if we didn't have to play Washington 8 times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The kids getting experience now will be young veterans in the next couple years. Some like Zacha, Wood and Severson are the new veterans already. There is finally a real base to build upon. At least it seems that could be the case. And there will be players to buy in free agency. I'm thinking Mike Hoffman could help our power play, maybe we could get him at a decent price. There are a few other pretty good FAs, too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.