Devils acquire Siegenthaler from WAS for a 3rd

jagknife

22 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

A friend of Nico is a friend of mine. 

Oh for sure. 

Kulikov back to the Jets might make some sense. 

On Twitter the Winnipeg fans weren't impressed with that idea. If nothing else they are, apparently, in need of RHD not LHD.

57 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The reason this is encouraging is that the Caps have a few solid defensemen that would be left unprotected at the expansion draft. Of those, I wouldn't have thought Siegenthaler would necessarily be highest on Seattle's radar. The fact that the Devils gave up a decent asset for Siegenthaler suggests they must really like him, and that this isn't as much a move for the Caps' benefit to salvage an asset for a player they expect to lose. 

49 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Might be our new weirdest looking dude (kind of looks like he should be in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie or something)

image.thumb.jpeg.9909bb111819eb1d7d139add8bbe13e8.jpeg

Now that is your first string weed dealer. If anything, this is a Merkley replacement.

• Haha 3

Seen our fair share of this kind of Devils trade in recent years...about as “What the hell, why not?” as it gets.  Wish someone other than nASS was working with him.  

If I’m trying to predict the future, I’m guessing he passes on through within a couple of years, and we’ll be saying “Well, only cost a 3rd-rounder.”  Hopefully he becomes a regular and a pleasant surprise.  

• Like 2