Jump to content

NHL Entry Draft Thread - 2021


nessus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

we have more ROW i think so technically theyd need another point to for the tie breaker

 

32 minutes ago, MB3 said:

We have more ROW than they do. They need to finish a point ahead of us. 


NHL.com and TSN both already have them ahead of us in the standings. Maybe it’s a mistake but I thought ROW was the tiebreaker they use after points and wins.

Edited by Jerzey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

 


NHL.com and TSN both already have them ahead of us in the standings. Maybe it’s a mistake but I thought ROW was the tiebreaker they use after points and wins.

They're listed ahead of us because they currently have a higher point percentage. 

It goes:

1. Points / Point Percentage
2. Regulation Wins
3. Regulation + OT Wins
4. Overall Wins
5. Head-to-head
6. Goal differential
7. Total goals scored
 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be rooting hard for a Vancouver win tonight to lock in that 4th slot for the lottery odds, even an overtime loss will do but the further they can finish outside of the Luke Hughes zone the better.

My only real wish is still that we can get one of the big three defensemen in Power, Hughes, or Clarke, and if we stay in the Top 4 I like our odds at that. There are a handful of wild cards - Edvinsson, Beniers, Guenther - that can push one or two of those guys down, so I really hope we can pounce on one of them regardless of where we're picking. If we can get Luke, that's obviously my preference so we can potentially Niedermayer Quinn Hughes in the future.

The more time that's gone by, the more excited I've gotten about the Islanders pick. They took a little stumble down the stretch and that pick currently stands at 21 which is more like 20 since the Coyotes are being forced to forfeit their pick. I've gotten more excited about the middle portion of the 1st round in this draft class the past few weeks, a lot of intriguing options could be there at 21. If Cole Sillinger is there at 21 I'm doing cartwheels, but there's a more than decent chance we could have our pick of someone like Brennan Othmann, Francesco Pinelli, Fyodor Svechkov, Logan Stankoven, Simon Robertsson, Nikita Chibrikov, Xavier Bourgault, or even Aatu Raty. July can't come fast enough.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

Brennan Othmann, Francesco Pinelli, Fyodor Svechkov, Logan Stankoven, Simon Robertsson, Nikita Chibrikov, Xavier Bourgault, or even Aatu Raty. 

You’re trying to kill Dano. 

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

The more time that's gone by, the more excited I've gotten about the Islanders pick. They took a little stumble down the stretch and that pick currently stands at 21 which is more like 20 since the Coyotes are being forced to forfeit their pick. I've gotten more excited about the middle portion of the 1st round in this draft class the past few weeks, a lot of intriguing options could be there at 21. If Cole Sillinger is there at 21 I'm doing cartwheels, but there's a more than decent chance we could have our pick of someone like Brennan Othmann, Francesco Pinelli, Fyodor Svechkov, Logan Stankoven, Simon Robertsson, Nikita Chibrikov, Xavier Bourgault, or even Aatu Raty. July can't come fast enough.

Wow...has he fallen off if he’s a possibility for our second pick. I remember when he was the likely #1OA for this draft...

Edited by Nicomo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Wow...has he fallen off if he’s a possibility for our second pick. I remember when he was the likely #1OA for this draft...

It’s a very real possibility he could be there at 21, there’s a chance he could still slip just inside the Top 15 but he’s almost certainly been passed by multiple forwards (Beniers, Eklund, Guenther, Johnson, Lysell, likely McTavish). He’s a very toolsy player but hasn’t quite put it all together on the ice consistently enough, which I think should sound a lot like Pavel Zacha to a lot of us.

EDIT: Full disclosure, Räty is at 23 right now on my personal board, the rest of the team at FC placed him at 19 in our last ranking. I would take all of those forwards I just mentioned over him at the moment, but that isn’t to say I’d be upset if we took him at 21.

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

I'll be rooting hard for a Vancouver win tonight to lock in that 4th slot for the lottery odds, even an overtime loss will do but the further they can finish outside of the Luke Hughes zone the better.

My only real wish is still that we can get one of the big three defensemen in Power, Hughes, or Clarke, and if we stay in the Top 4 I like our odds at that. There are a handful of wild cards - Edvinsson, Beniers, Guenther - that can push one or two of those guys down, so I really hope we can pounce on one of them regardless of where we're picking. If we can get Luke, that's obviously my preference so we can potentially Niedermayer Quinn Hughes in the future.

The more time that's gone by, the more excited I've gotten about the Islanders pick. They took a little stumble down the stretch and that pick currently stands at 21 which is more like 20 since the Coyotes are being forced to forfeit their pick. I've gotten more excited about the middle portion of the 1st round in this draft class the past few weeks, a lot of intriguing options could be there at 21. If Cole Sillinger is there at 21 I'm doing cartwheels, but there's a more than decent chance we could have our pick of someone like Brennan Othmann, Francesco Pinelli, Fyodor Svechkov, Logan Stankoven, Simon Robertsson, Nikita Chibrikov, Xavier Bourgault, or even Aatu Raty. July can't come fast enough.

Yeah i was thinking about that too that we're getting a pck ahead because of Arizona. I really think we may trade that pick though. I feel now would be a good time for that to maximize a good young player 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i was thinking about that too that we're getting a pck ahead because of Arizona.  

Doesn’t the fact that Seattle is slipping in with an early pick negate the Arizona forfeiture?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Doesn’t the fact that Seattle is slipping in with an early pick negate the Arizona forfeiture?   

mmm well not really cause the seattle pick was always going to be there no matter what. Arizona forfeiting theirs is moving up every pick after arizonas pick technically

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Sillinger Escape Plan. 

That would be a good band name lol. EDIT: and of course there’s a band called the Dillinger Escape Plan 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That would be a good band name lol. EDIT: and of course there’s a band called the Dillinger Escape Plan 🤣

Thats why I said it. To see if anyone got the reference. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Doesn’t look like Vancouver is getting it done tonight. 

I can't imagine they don't pick up a single point in three games against the Flames unless" they go TOTAL tank mode.

Turns out losing that last game is going to save us a lot of worrying.

Edited by Devilsfan118
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I can't imagine they don't pick up a single point in three games against the Flames until they go TOTAL tank mode.

Turns out losing that last game is going to save us a lot of worrying.

y’all motherfvckers finna start listening to me soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not believe that we should draft a guy just because he’s Jack’s brother. I’m also not into letting a 19 year old decide that. 

BUT, I draw the following from the comment: Jack doesn’t hate it here. If he did, he wouldn’t want his brother to come here. 

I’m not saying draft him ahead of all others, but if it’s a toss up whether he’s the BPA, we do need defense and I wouldn’t mind Jack being happy.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I do not believe that we should draft a guy just because he’s Jack’s brother. I’m also not into letting a 19 year old decide that. 

BUT, I draw the following from the comment: Jack doesn’t hate it here. If he did, he wouldn’t want his brother to come here. 

I’m not saying draft him ahead of all others, but if it’s a toss up whether he’s the BPA, we do need defense and I wouldn’t mind Jack being happy.

 

Well no shiz that you don't let something like that be a deciding factor, but the consensus seems to be that the top picks in this draft are likely a toss ups. Even the number 1 and 2 aren't locks this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well no shiz that you don't let something like that be a deciding factor, but the consensus seems to be that the top picks in this draft are likely a toss ups. Even the number 1 and 2 aren't locks this year. 

Right, so even if this guy was not named Hughes, would he be a guy we would pick assuming we are 5th overall, given that we should probably be drafting a (hopefully future) stud defenseman?

As I have said, I don’t follow draft prospects closely enough to know if he is or isn’t. 

If so, the fact that he is a Hughes should make that a lock if he is available. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.