GDT: Devils @ Bright Lights Brah! - Round 2 of 4 - 15 Apr, 730p

jagknife

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I must be one of the few people that likes just having hockey. It felt like such a long break last year I am quite happy for it to carry on. 

I take it all back. fvck everything, burn it all to the ground and move the team to Quebec. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

I don't know if Ruff is the answer or not I do know Toe Blake aint winning with this roster nor is Scotty Bowman, 

The Ruff take is so funny. He clearly has helped the young kids. Our offense has a 22 year-old average age for crying out loud. What are people expecting here? Yes, young players make mistakes. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Blackwood should request a trade.  He could win somewhere else, pretty easily.  He ain't gonna win here. Not with these idiots.  I'm ready to say bye bye to Ruff already.  I've seen enough. 

He hasn't exactly been lights out these last few weeks. They're a young team, and I'm pretty sure they all see what they can accomplish if the keep on growing as a group. We have a talented group of young players that has developed nicely this season. 

2 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

What are people expecting here? Yes, young players make mistakes. 

A win would be nice.  Maybe just a fvcking goal?   Hell, I'll take not allowing a TERRIBLE goal just 40 seconds in the game for Christ' sakes.  Any of those would be nice.  We can't get any of that though. All we get is a complete sh!tshow.

3 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

22 year old average for our forwards, missing two of our best forwards, and not expecting much. Anyone who has high expectations here should take their head out of the sand. 

We make excuses when the team is old (circa 2015), we make excuses when the team is young (now), we make excuses in between.   I'm tired of it.  What's the answer?  When does it end?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

He hasn't exactly been lights out these last few weeks. They're a young team, and I'm pretty sure they all see what they can accomplish if the keep on growing as a group. We have a talented group of young players that has developed nicely this season. 

Agreed, but I think we've seen he makes the tough saves when it counts.  He is just asked to do too much.  Insane amount of 2 on 1's, terrible defensive coverage, tons of sh!ts, lots of penalties.  Etc etc.  Blackwood isn't perfect, he's not Jesus or God, but he's pretty damn good.  He isn't the problem on this team.

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Agreed, but I think we've seen he makes the tough saves when it counts.  He is just asked to do too much.  Insane amount of 2 on 1's, terrible defensive coverage, tons of sh!ts, lots of penalties.  Etc etc.  Blackwood isn't perfect, he's not Jesus or God, but he's pretty damn good.  He isn't the problem on this team.

100% agree. He isn't a problem on this team, he's a young player developing, as are most of the players on our team at the moment.

So, who do you think is the problem?  We have an EXTREMELY young team. In fact, we have the youngest forward group in NHL history (tied with the 1981 Buffalo Sabres).

I'm extremely happy with they way they've handled themselves all season considering they are young players, playing for a new coach (who has done well in bringing their game up imo), and played through COVID in a sh!t season. Most teams are more experienced and have vets around (I'm sure this will be addressed in the summer). 

Sure, the "old team" excuse came around a few years ago, but I sure as hell would rather see a team of our young future guys playing and developping than losing with Micheal Ryders and Cammalleris and Damien Brunners around.

Edited by Devs3cups

5 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

They have some young pieces up front to build around (a couple of those aren't where they need to be yet) they have 1 on defense  and they have a whole lot of roster spots that should be upgraded before they become a contender for just a playoff spot.  They're not just missing out the last X number of years they're bottom feeders.  They need to sh!t themshelves almost an entire defense.

What a disastrous period.  3 goals allowed, one of them just 40 seconds in, and two failed Powerplay attempts (because, of course).

I'm calling it now.  Rangers get complacent and a little to laxed (why wouldn't then, it hardly looks like they even need to try against us), we get a goal in the 2nd, then we get a little lucky in the 3rd and make it a one goal game.  The team has a surge late in the 3rd but they fall just short and the Rangers cash in on an empty net.  4-2 final.  If that happens, and the team manages to claw their way back into the game coming up just short, I won't be as pissed.  It still sucks, but the one encouraging thing that all of us have seen this season, is that the team doesn't seem to quit.  Despite all of the other bullsh!t that we've seen, that's something.    

Please prove me right Devils. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

What a disastrous period.  3 goals allowed, one of them just 40 seconds in, and two failed Powerplay attempts (because, of course).

I'm calling it now.  Rangers get complacent and a little to laxed (why wouldn't then, it hardly looks like they even need to try against us), we get a goal in the 2nd, then we get a little lucky in the 3rd and make it a one goal game.  The team has a surge late in the 3rd but they fall just short and the Rangers cash in on an empty net.  4-2 final.  If that happens, and the team manages to claw their way back into the game coming up just short, I won't be as pissed.  It still sucks, but the one encouraging thing that all of us have seen this season, is that the team doesn't seem to quit.  Despite all of the other bullsh!t that we've seen, that's something.    

Please prove me right Devils. 

when harry met sally ill have what shes having GIF

• Like 1