GDT: Devils @ Bright Lights Brah! - Round 2 of 4 - 15 Apr, 730p

jagknife

It makes me completely sick that they got their two best players by simply being the New York Rangers. Why can’t top FA’s and college players be obsessed with playing in sunny California or beautiful Vancouver? Ugh. 2 more weeks until the NFL draft at least...

• Like 1

If we don't score a goal tonight, again, then someone should be fired tomorrow.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  Someone should be fired.  Doesn't matter if it's the water boy or the head coach or Nico himself.  Fire someone.  Set a fvcking message that you have a goddamn pulse and you don't tolerate losing to your most hated rival, twice in a row, in embarrassing fashion.  If you're not gonna fire someone, then blow something up.  Take a dumbbell from the weight room and throw it full speed into one of the stalls in the locker room.  And film it and put it on social media.  Us fans deserve to know that at least the players and the coaching staff are pissed.  Because right now they seem like they could give to fvcks, and it's an insult to anyone who happened to pay money to watch them this season, and an insult to those of us who still, for whatever reason, tune in to this garbage night after night.  

If I were Fitz, and I constructed this roster and paid these coaches and these players, and this performance tonight is what I got as a result of that, I'd take away the fvcking bus or plane or whatever mode of transportation the guys used to get to the stadium, and make them fvcking walk home.  Or hail an Uber.  Or take the goddamn F train.  They don't deserve any luxury right now and they need some time to reflect on their performances lately. 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If we don't score a goal tonight, again, then someone should be fired tomorrow.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  Someone should be fired.  Doesn't matter if it's the water boy or the head coach or Nico himself.  Fire someone.  Set a fvcking message that you have a goddamn pulse and you don't tolerate losing to your most hated rival, twice in a row, in embarrassing fashion.  If you're not gonna fire someone, then blow something up.  Take a dumbbell from the weight room and throw it full speed into one of the stalls in the locker room.  

If I were Fitz, and I constructed this roster and paid these coaches and these players, and this performance tonight is what I got as a result of that, I'd take away the fvcking bus or plane or whatever mode of transportation the guys used to get to the stadium, and make them fvcking walk home.  Or hail an Uber.  Or take the goddamn F train.  They don't deserve any luxury right now and they need some time to reflect on their performances lately. 

This is just wishful thinking for an easy/quick solution. This team is too green and going to be severely outmatched against any other team they'll play again this season. That is just the facts of their position right now. They might be the least experienced NHL team I have ever seen iced. 

Thank god we got that conditional 4th tho.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If we don't score a goal tonight, again, then someone should be fired tomorrow.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating.  Someone should be fired.  Doesn't matter if it's the water boy or the head coach or Nico himself.  Fire someone.  Set a fvcking message that you have a goddamn pulse and you don't tolerate losing to your most hated rival, twice in a row, in embarrassing fashion.  If you're not gonna fire someone, then blow something up.  Take a dumbbell from the weight room and throw it full speed into one of the stalls in the locker room.  And film it and put it on social media.  Us fans deserve to know that at least the players and the coaching staff are pissed.  Because right now they seem like they could give to fvcks, and it's an insult to anyone who happened to pay money to watch them this season, and an insult to those of us who still, for whatever reason, tune in to this garbage night after night.  

jelly studio 90s GIF

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This is just wishful thinking for an easy/quick solution. This team is too green and going to be severely outmatched against any other team we'll play again this season. That is just the facts of their position right now. They might be the least experienced NHL team I have ever seen iced. 

I know.  Part or most of that post was in jest and facetious, but I just want some form of accountability and recognition.  I guess I should watch the post game press conferences a bit more closely, but from what I've seen there's just not enough raw emotion.  I essentially want something Torts-esque.  Is it so much to ask for someone to be fvcking livid at the current situation?  Because it's pretty depressing and infuriating at the moment.  I know the team is young and maybe the organization as a whole didn't have high expectations for this season, but with 75% of the season beyond us, is this really where we thought we'd be at this point, staring down the barrel of 14-22-6, -32 goal differential, in 3rd to last in the NHL, looking up at the Red Wings, 4-16-3 at home, etc etc etc?

• Like 1

I don't think people realize how low a 22-year old average for our forwards is. It's incredible. We can expect 2-3 veteran signings up front during the summer. This should balance stuff nicely with Jack, Nico, Pav, Bratt, Shara, McLeod, Kuok, and others.

I have no problem with our young players and I like how they've progressed all season and how Ruff handled them. But there is no way you can ice a lineup like this for the start of next season. No chance. 

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I don't think people realize how low a 22-year old average for our forwards is. It's incredible. We can expect 2-3 veteran signings up front during the summer. This should balance stuff nicely with Jack, Nico, Pav, Bratt, Shara, McLeod, Kuok, and others.

You mean like the veterans Palms and Zajac we had and just shipped out?  Not trying to be an ass, but just pointing out that, even if you're right and we do sign a few vets in the off-season, what's to say they do any good to help improve the team or are any different than guys who were here ?

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You mean like the veterans Palms and Zajac we had and just shipped out?  Not trying to be an ass, but just pointing out that, even if you're right and we do sign a few vets in the off-season, what's to say they do any good to help improve the team or are any different than guys who were here ?

2 of those guys were expiring and got NJ another 1st round pick. Not every vet signing is going to be able to get you 1st round picks.

Now, trading one of your better Dmen for a conditional 4th....that's another story.

• Like 2

I’d like to send a giant “Fvck You A$$hole” to Cangi for getting so excited about Kravtsov’s first NHL goal to make it 5-0. 

Lol we’re challenging, that’s awesome. Zero reason to do it but to potentially screw up his first NHL goal. Nicely played Lindy.