GDT: Devils @ Bright Lights Brah! - Round 2 of 4 - 15 Apr, 730p

jagknife

Hey @mfitz804 remember when I said things were going to get worse, and you said they already were worse, and I said "things can always get worse" , and then we played these last two games, and things are 100% worse.

I see a triple door dick slam coming Saturday. 

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Hey @mfitz804 remember when I said things were going to get worse, and you said they already were worse, and I said "things can always get worse" , and then we played these last two games, and things are 100% worse.

I see a triple door dick slam coming Saturday. 

Yes, which makes the last two games 100% your fault, anticipated suckage percentage was sky high thanks to you. 

Also, Triple D!ck Door Slam sounds like an emo pop band that is opening for Panic At The Disco. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

The expansion draft could work really well in our favour

Just like the last expansion draft, which did jack sh!t for us. Or all the cap space we’re going to weaponize. I’ve been hearing this sh!t for years. Nothing ever happens.

• Like 1
  • Shocking 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Just like the last expansion draft, which did jack sh!t for us. Or all the cap space we’re going to weaponize. I’ve been hearing this sh!t for years. Nothing ever happens.

We got Subban

8 hours ago, Crisis said:

I did want to see the shot/shot assist chart from this game.  I find it interesting to see who is getting looks and who isn't.

A lot of people do, but all the mocking and bitching here probably makes them not want to bother...

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah cause things are that black and white in life lol because nothing happened last time, it can't possibly happen now.

It's better to have to options to do something with the cap than just spend it to spend it. Look how fast vegas got in cap trouble and had to trade players because of it.

It's also not like signing over the hill vets to bad contracts helped us much either in the last decade.

Edited by SterioDesign

If I am reading Cap Friendly correctly, we have $45m in cap space next year. 

Go get two legit goal scorers that are worth $7m, and a solid D-Man worth $7m. Pay them all $9m per for 3 years.  Let them make extra money here because we have it to spend and we need some veteran presence. Let them help the kids develop. 

Where to find those 3 guys, I have no fvcking idea. But if you want to weaponize cap space, use it to pay guys. I mean I thought that went without saying...

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

It's better to have to options to do something with the cap than just spend it to spend it. Look how fast vegas got in cap trouble and had to trade players because of it.

It's also not like signing over the hill vets to bad contracts helped us much either in the last decade.

I totally agree with having options, of course. I’m just speaking from a place of extreme frustration, for obvious reasons at the moment.

Vegas has a shot at winning another division title and won two of them in their first three years of existence.  Also got to a Cup Final on year and a Conference Final another year.  Must be terrible.

Anyway, no one is clamoring for the Devils to spend money on over-the-hill vets.  But the money is clearly there to (over)spend on a few players who can help.  If Fitz wants to wait one more season before he actually decides to use some of that cap space, I’ll live with it.

I don’t include Lou’s final years as part of this rebuild (as he clearly wasn’t doing that), but this is starting to feel like an eternity.  I’ve always defended Shero in not having much to work with initially, and have to deal with his one true cornerstone falling apart, and it’s not like guys like Panarin were ever coming here, so I’m not blaming Shero for the Devils not being further along.  And Fitz is still relatively new on the job.  But I really need to see something more soon...at least try to make a real needle-moving deal with the next year or two.  

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 9:30 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Vegas has a shot at winning another division title and won two of them in their first three years of existence.  Also got to a Cup Final on year and a Conference Final another year.  Must be terrible.

Anyway, no one is clamoring for the Devils to spend money on over-the-hill vets.  But the money is clearly there to (over)spend on a few players who can help.  If Fitz wants to wait one more season before he actually decides to use some of that cap space, I’ll live with it.

I don’t include Lou’s final years as part of this rebuild (as he clearly wasn’t doing that), but this is starting to feel like an eternity.  I’ve always defended Shero in not having much to work with initially, and have to deal with his one true cornerstone falling apart, and it’s not like guys like Panarin were ever coming here, so I’m not blaming Shero for the Devils not being further along.  And Fitz is still relatively new on the job.  But I really need to see something more soon...at least try to make a real needle-moving deal with the next year or two.  

Well or else what? There's simply no guaranteed in hockey that your team will be anything. We've been spoiled for a long time i know but look around the league. There's no real formula to success. You really need to make the right moves at the right time and get extremely lucky. It's the 2 biggest thing and you often can't really control luck.

Chicago would not have been what they've been over the last 15 years if they didn't draft Kane and Toews. Or you can land the 2 best players in the league like the Oilers and still not do much.

Or even teams like the Sabres who quite frankly landed a lot of great players but for wtv reasons they just can't get it together, they didnt make the playoffs for 10 years in a row now.

All i know is that the "right" players can make a huge difference and that's why i'm always looking forward to the draft at this point cause its the only thing that can get us out of this mess. Better players or the right players. Coaching may give you a boost but that's usually temporary.