Jump to content

Holtz signs ELC


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep. Looks like his NHL contract is starting next season.

As much as I kind of want to see what he’s got, I think it’s a better plan to let him play in the AHL for a year (or a month, or whatever is left lol).

He’ll still be 19 at the start of the season (if it starts on time) and turns 20 at the end of January. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

As much as I kind of want to see what he’s got, I think it’s a better plan to let him play in the AHL for a year (or a month, or whatever is left lol).

He’ll still be 19 at the start of the season (if it starts on time) and turns 20 at the end of January. 

Can he still get a 9-game look to start the season, before he'd have to be sent to, er, Utica?  Depending on how he does in preseason of course.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was watching three last games of binghampton. This is a reason to watch more of their games.
Holtz was great in his first half of the season, but i didnt watch second half of Djurgorden`s games. 
Could Mercer join AHL soon? he ends his season in QJMHL too. 

Edited by Guadana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holtz is on an ATO, but signed ELC starting next year. I don't know how many games he gets on a ATO, (Binghamton) but we'll see.  I'd love to see Mercer get his feet wet too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holtz looks like a bit of a tank in this photo. Broad shoulders and looks like he has some upper body strength. Much needed , maybe he can get the rest of the young guys in the gym. 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, titans04 said:

All depends on the camera angle I guess.  He looks more like a Devil here.

 

 

He looks like a bobblehead there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, titans04 said:

All depends on the camera angle I guess.  He looks more like a Devil here. #stickman

 

 

Yeah not so much here. He at least looks like he has a decent frame to bulk up a bit. 

2 hours ago, Devs3cups said:

Here's a compilation of his highlights from this season, if it hasn't been posted yet. Even the posts are impressive haha!

 

This video should be titled Alexander Holtz/William Ecklund highlights. Those two have an incredible understanding. If Ecklund is there when we pick and is the BPA I think we have to go for him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AHL will be a nice Baptism. All of us fans are guilty of anointing rookies on their hype. We don't know how he'll fare. But optimistic for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

This video should be titled Alexander Holtz/William Ecklund highlights. Those two have an incredible understanding. If Ecklund is there when we pick and is the BPA I think we have to go for him. 

I can’t even imagine the level of meltdowns we’ll see if we take another small forward with our top 10 pick. Especially in such a good draft for defense. Not saying he should be off our board (or any forward for that matter), but at some point we have to add some blue chip prospects to the blue line. And this seems like the right year to do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nicomo said:

I can’t even imagine the level of meltdowns we’ll see if we take another small forward with our top 10 pick. Especially in such a good draft for defense. Not saying he should be off our board (or any forward for that matter), but at some point we have to add some blue chip prospects to the blue line. And this seems like the right year to do that. 

That’s the way I see it as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I can’t even imagine the level of meltdowns we’ll see if we take another small forward with our top 10 pick. Especially in such a good draft for defense. Not saying he should be off our board (or any forward for that matter), but at some point we have to add some blue chip prospects to the blue line. And this seems like the right year to do that. 

This is true but at the same time we've been wrong. I was very upset with the Blackwood pick at the moment lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I can’t even imagine the level of meltdowns we’ll see if we take another small forward with our top 10 pick. Especially in such a good draft for defense. Not saying he should be off our board (or any forward for that matter), but at some point we have to add some blue chip prospects to the blue line. And this seems like the right year to do that. 

No I agree, I want a defenseman, I will take any of the ones slated to go in the top 5. But if we end up drafting further back and they all go and Ecklund is there, I think you make that move. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.