Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I didn't end up seeing the whole game, but I wasn't too worried about Holtz being anything other than the player we saw early in his SHL season. Looked comfortable, made some nice plays, and finished the game with 5 shots. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Transcript of Holtz and Bratt’s conversation:  

For all who missed the game. Holtz is very dangerous in his little and big things. He is definitely need in good two way center and good clutcher\rebounder. btw Thompson looks impressive, but h

Holtz was on COVID list, he had some back problems this year, he lost his center because of injury. and he isn’t a player who can play solid 200-foot game. Devils have Hischier to create a space

42 minutes ago, nessus said:

I didn't end up seeing the whole game, but I wasn't too worried about Holtz being anything other than the player we saw early in his SHL season. Looked comfortable, made some nice plays, and finished the game with 5 shots. 

The B Devils did their best impression of NJD falling short on a comeback and controlling the 3rd period. He continued to look good for the rest of the game and the smaller ice didn't seem to affect him much as far as making crisp passes and getting shots off. If anything, the thing that surprised me the most was the B Devils struggle to gain the zone and maintain possession. It was really chippy and I imagine Holtz is more used to being able to gain the O zone with speed.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing I noticed about Holtz is he seems to like playing on the left side, even though he was listed as the RW on his line. As a right shot, he is able to get those shots off really well by cutting in from the off wing, as a lot of high end shooters do (Ovechkin, Laine, Tarasenko, etc.). We could very well end up seeing Holtz-Hughes-Mercer at some point, despite all the debate about which of those two wingers is a better fit for Hughes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nessus said:

Another thing I noticed about Holtz is he seems to like playing on the left side, even though he was listed as the RW on his line. As a right shot, he is able to get those shots off really well by cutting in from the off wing, as a lot of high end shooters do (Ovechkin, Laine, Tarasenko, etc.). We could very well end up seeing Holtz-Hughes-Mercer at some point, despite all the debate about which of those two wingers is a better fit for Hughes.

*drools*

And then give Nico, Bratt and Zacha, and that could be our future top 6...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

For all who missed the game.

Holtz is very dangerous in his little and big things. He is definitely need in good two way center and good clutcher\rebounder.
btw Thompson looks impressive, but he has a lot to work on.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Guadana said:

 

For all who missed the game.

Holtz is very dangerous in his little and big things. He is definitely need in good two way center and good clutcher\rebounder.
btw Thompson looks impressive, but he has a lot to work on.

Loitering by the wall like Kovy on the power play. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Loitering by the wall like Kovy on the power play. 

He plays like a typical, shot-and-goal-charged player. With all the pros and cons. I think that's a good thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.