GDT: Devils @ Pens 7:00 4/20

Jerzey

33 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'd say just shut them down for the rest of the season just because they could use the extended rest, but there wouldn't be enough players to fill the roster at this point. 

imo Bratt certainly could use the work, actually both could however meaningless the games are.  W/L wise it doesn't matter obviously.

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Let's get Gordie Howe back out of retirement and try to get back his record.

After I posted this I went back and checked and Gordie is dead. But my point still stands, the corpse of Gordie Howe is better than 75% of this roster. 

26 minutes ago, titans04 said:

imo Bratt certainly could use the work, actually both could however meaningless the games are.  W/L wise it doesn't matter obviously.

Definitely agree, but there's no point if he is even remotely injured. There's nothing worth playing hurt for at this point. 

This is ten games remaining point isn't it? 

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'd say just shut them down for the rest of the season just because they could use the extended rest, but there wouldn't be enough players to fill the roster at this point. 

Extended rest?  Like the past several seasons, the guys are essentially gonna have from May through August to rest as much as they want. These players of ours don't need rest, they need playing time. Half the people on this board complain about them not having enough time to practice which is why they suck.  Might as well use a real game to practice and try to get better.  We need to utilize every possible game until the end of the season to figure out just what we have in some of these players (Bratt, McLeod, Bastian, Merkely, Foote, Maltsev, Boqvist, etc.) All of these guys should absolutely be playing the final 10 games of the season.  To sit them out for rest, or any other reason, is a waste of time.  

Give them a chance to show what they've got now, when it doesn't matter, rather than doing it at the beginning of next season, suffering through losses, and eventually ending up in the same situation.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Extended rest?  Like the past several seasons, the guys are essentially gonna have from May through August to rest as much as they want. These players of ours don't need rest, they need playing time. Half the people on this board complain about them not having enough time to practice which is why they suck.  Might as well use a real game to practice and try to get better.  We need to utilize every possible game until the end of the season to figure out just what we have in some of these players (Bratt, McLeod, Bastian, Merkely, Foote, Maltsev, Boqvist, etc.) All of these guys should absolutely be playing the final 10 games of the season.  To sit them out for rest, or any other reason, is a waste of time.  

Give them a chance to show what they've got now, when it doesn't matter, rather than doing it at the beginning of next season, suffering through losses, and eventually ending up in the same situation.

Yea, considering the impact of covid and that the season is lost anyway there is no point in them playing if they're injured. If we were pushing to win something, different story. It's 9 games, what do you hope to see by forcing Bratt to play injured for 9 games that we haven't seen the last 3 years? 

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I guess it depends on what you think Bratt has proven now winding down his 4th season. Not challenging you personally but more of a general question.  I bet there are very wide varying opinions.

He’s proven he will always miss time due to injury. 

• Haha 1