2021 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

Also may be time to start thinking about Douglas...scrutinizing him a bit more harshly. There has been no progress since he got here. He was highly touted but, nothing has come of anything. This season is crucial for him and the team somehow looks worse than last year

Well at least Wilson finished strong and really wasn’t all that bad other than the latter part of the second quarter. Everything else was drops and jailbreak blitzing, which isn’t gonna be helped by Becton being carted off - again. Not much you can do when the guy who was supposed to be a foundational piece can’t stay on the field and stay healthy.

The D was about as good as could be hoped for but how much of that was just Darnold’s ability to come out of a series with fewer points than he should?

Edited by NJDevs4978

Already this coaching staff is making me roll my eyes.  Last week when they couldn't run for sh!t they go for it on 4th and 1 and just plow straight into the line when it had zero chance of working.  This week when they actually look like they can run the ball, Lafleur's throwing all over the yard thinking he's got A-Rod here.  This staff just doesn't have any situational football awareness.  2nd and 2 you don't throw jump balls in the middle of the field.  1st and 10 take the damn checkdown.  I know it went through Davis's hands but it went through his hands at full extension jumping to his side, it was a poor throw.

Well it only took a game and a half before I'm starting to get paranoid about why we were sold on Wilson from the getgo when guys like Fields and Mac Jones lasted much longer in the draft.  At the very least if you're gonna get a kid without any experience having a rookie coaching staff also isn't ideal.

Another embarrassing disaster. I thought Zach would have a rough game, Belichick...rookie QB. Never did I envision THIS. And again this was a game where the D played ok much like Carolina. Despite seemingly being on the field all day, they were anything but run over. The defense is competitive and play very hard. Most times they bend but don't break.

Yea I know 2 of those INTs were tipped, they were still bad throws. The other two were absurdly stupid picks and broke the teams back...I have no idea what happens to these QB's...rookie, year 2, 3...it seems like they put on Jets jerseys and suddenly stupify. And this was a game where the o-line pulled it together, where we ran the ball reasonably well. A few things did not go our way early (because of course they didn't) and it spiraled out of control. Was screaming at my TV, take the checkdown, chuck it away. No...he's out there making Sanchez decisions

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And of course Darnold lighting it up again against the Saints, fvck you Joe Douglas, fvck you Adam Gase.

And what is this team under Douglas? 9-25. He was very highly spoken of, respected in the NFL. Was a bright young mind and a stabilizing force. But none of that has materialized...not one iota. His 2020 draft is looking like a disaster, we're horribly injury plagued again. We let Robby A walk for nothing. Now Crowder can't get on the field. Beginning to think this Douglas is being exposed as a bit of fraud. Progress wise we're not where we should be from the time he took over. A lot of his missteps are beginning to loom large

even with Wilson...how do we not have a reliable vet as backup? It's starting to look like he should've sat out some games and learned instead of being booed and humiliated from the getgo

The defense is coming along. Our offense (qb situation, receivers...and i bet Mims is going to ask out any day now only to go somewhere and play great) and offensive line are still stuck in the mud. And the penalty issues remain from the Bowles years

I don't think they will, but if this season ends 4-13 or worse, I'd seriously consider firing Douglas.

The NFL is a league of quick turnarounds...where's ours? They keep preaching culture change, keep shuffling in and out new players, new staffs, new trainers. Keep trotting out pathetic catch phrases (All gas no hope etc) yet nothing changes. Too many Bowles/Gase games looked very similar to this. Looking back why the hell did we ever fire Rex and Tanny? Should've just left them in place they'd have this team in much better shape by now.

Edited by '7'

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well it only took a game and a half before I'm starting to get paranoid about why we were sold on Wilson from the getgo when guys like Fields and Mac Jones lasted much longer in the draft.  At the very least if you're gonna get a kid without any experience having a rookie coaching staff also isn't ideal.

I don't know either, what I saw out of Jones and Fields in college was a longer, steadier body of work than what we saw from Wilson. Fields isn't lighting things up either but the bonehead throws from Wilson today were inexcusable

They talk about growing pains but plenty of times in the NFL growing pains can metastasize into just a flat out bad career. We had Douglas coming in because the past GM had the team stuck in the mud, drafted poorly, poor overall evaluator of talent and was eaten alive by NYC (maccagnan) who's to say the same thing isn't happening this very moment to Douglas. Saleh as a first time coach in NY with a rookie qb and a still fairly young and inexperienced GM. None of them have ever proven they could get it done anywhere else running the show. None of them look ready

Douglas is the most overrated GM I’ve seen in any sport, at least Sandy Alderson won a WS, albeit thirty plus years ago but it’s kind of like the Sandy love from the outside we have to hear about…respected exec, no nonsense, yadda yadda yadda but it looks like we’re just getting sold another bill of goods here too.

Any village idiot could run the tank plan the Jets have the last two years and save money but where is the evidence any of these Douglas picks are going to be part of a turnaround? The Mims nonsense is concerning, you don’t sit a second round pick less than twenty games into their career for the likes of Jeff Smith unless either he’s really that bad/lazy or the coaching staff doesn’t know what they’re doing. Either one is an indictment of Douglas though. Lamichel Perine got marginalized pretty quickly too, and Becton can’t stay on the field - and wasn’t even that great this year on it. This isn’t quite Idzik 2014 type of a horrible draft but it’s looking like the next worst thing.

Edited by NJDevs4978

So none of our receivers including the great FA pickup Corey Davis can actually catch the football but NOOO we don’t need Denzel Mims at all. Either the staff is lying about him having ‘great practices’ or he’s even more incompetent than the rest of the team that’s out there

Another embarrassing abomination. Cory Davis with drops all over the field. But why dress Mims?

Crowder is now on cruise control. They asked him to take a paycut so doubt we'll see any inkling of effort from him all season

Offensive line again quit on the field

Ridiculous idiot playcalling

This is WORSE than last year. NOTHING has changed. They DARE go out there and try to pass this product off as a professional football team. This is a sick joke, Douglas doesn't have a clue about how to build a team

Penalties again out of control. 

Edited by '7'

On 9/27/2021 at 12:47 PM, Devil Dan 56 said:

Heard a stat on the radio today… 

Two teams are tied for the worst record since the 2017 season. Its the Jets and Giants, both 18-49 in the last 5 years including this season so far. 

I'm surprised the Giants are actually tied with us. I'd guess we were a few games worse

29 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

We would have been if not for that useless 2019 second half junktime surge lol

Yea...but I mean that team was probably 4-12 talent wise that masqueraded at 7-9. But for the moment it showed that maybe Gase/Douglas weren't quite as incompetent as they turned out to be. They didn't quit down the stretch. There could've been promise heading into 2020 if Douglas drafts didn't flop, and if they signed the right UFA talent. But neither of that happened and the team as it stands now is worse than the 2019 group.  2019 was a good "build upon it" year. It was a step up from 2018 with Bowles when he completely lost the team

But like 80% of what was brought in was trash. Pierre Desir, a washed up frank Gore, the drafting of Becton and Zuniga. Ashtyn Davis who's barely seen the field. Zuniga.

Edited by '7'