Jump to content

2021 New York J-E-T-S Thread


Recommended Posts

A game that sliced 10 years off my life

Lafleur I cant stand. He makes some absolutely nonsense "they know it's coming" 0 chance to succeed calls far too often. Really a bad coordinator

D played well. But damn we gave it up too many times when we were 1 play away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yeah I can’t say I was impressed by the D down the stretch but they did just enough to hold them to long FG range and they may have actually found something with Quinnen’s younger brother at LB, that can be our Hughes like connection lol

At least finally there’s a little hope with this offense. The most meaningful Jet win since Darnold’s debut.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah I can’t say I was impressed by the D down the stretch but they did just enough to hold them to long FG range and they may have actually found something with Quinnen’s younger brother at LB, that can be our Hughes like connection lol

At least finally there’s a little hope with this offense. The most meaningful Jet win since Darnold’s debut.

Yea there is still plenty to clean up. The defense playing well all day and then gagging it up late was a staple of the Rex era Jets. But all things considered they did a great job for 5 quarters with no Maye (on top of all the other injuries we have)

Credit Saleh, without Lawson he has still schemed ways to get to the QB

Ammendola nearly missed that chip shot in OT for the lead. Still not sure about him. Big leg but he may be one of those guys where you just don't know where it's gonna go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

John Franklin-Myers was signed to an extension.

$30 mil guaranteed. Pass rushers are extremely hard to come by. He's a rare gem uncovered by Douglas. When he's been on the field he brings the pressure and disrupts offenses. Hopefully he can have some double digit sack seasons and stay healthy

This defense has been able to get to the QB a lot more than I expected it would after the Lawson injury.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/08/jets-john-franklin-myers-agree-to-contract-extension/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woof, the worst ten point game you could imagine.  They were housed for like 3.5 quarters, somehow got back in the game then of course the D couldn't make a stop when they needed one against a team missing its top two WR's when you knew they would be forcefeeding Pitts this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Woof, the worst ten point game you could imagine.  They were housed for like 3.5 quarters, somehow got back in the game then of course the D couldn't make a stop when they needed one against a team missing its top two WR's when you knew they would be forcefeeding Pitts this week.

The fact that this happened is very troubling. The Jets as a coaching staff were completely taken to school by an Atlanta team missing some top receiving talent. Atlanta's D had surrendered the most points in the NFL and somehow dominated our offense with ease. Pure talent wise the Falcons are right on the Jets level. Really worries me long term going forward with Saleh and LaFleur.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Really just seeing continued incompetence of this franchise. No veteran backup (though white just threw a TD) an offense coordinator who looks like he's never seen a football game in his life. A defense that's confused and unprepared

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to pile on but it’s not like the Jets are facing the Brady-era Pats today…the Pats are not that good this year…they’re a 9-win team, tops.  Pats’ D has actually had a little trouble with White, but the Jets’ D simply hasn’t given their offense any support at all.

If the Bills don’t have this division close to wrapped up by early December, they either suffered a ton of injuries (or lost Allen), or didn’t play up to their potential.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was really only a matter of time until they got Wilson hurt. Couldve easily been week one. And of course no veteran backup comes back to bite them. Look at Cinci, they'll put 70 up on them with their dynamic offense

What the hell is Douglas doing? Top to bottom the team is underperforming, they have AWFUL coaching. Saleh is a feel good cheerleader who does not get the team ready to play. LaFleur is the worst OC I have ever seen. He's not ready at all to call plays in this league and I have no clue how somebody so inept was handed an NFL job

Please get a real veteran GM and coach in here who will bring in real scouts. This is a 3rd rate embarrassment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not to pile on but it’s not like the Jets are facing the Brady-era Pats today…the Pats are not that good this year…they’re a 9-win team, tops.  Pats’ D has actually had a little trouble with White, but the Jets’ D simply hasn’t given their offense any support at all.

If the Bills don’t have this division close to wrapped up by early December, they either suffered a ton of injuries (or lost Allen), or didn’t play up to their potential.  

The Pats have actually been better the last few weeks though, aside from whatever the heck they pulled with the Texans.  Even if it's a little while before you guys get used to moral victories again, the Buc and Cowboy games were pretty much that.

But yeah this was just a total no-show by everyone involved.  It would be nice if we could at least have an actual fun NFL offense to watch in 2021 when points are raining out of the sky for everyone else, the Jets are 31st, 32nd and 32nd in points scored during the Douglas era.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like 2-4 weeks for Zach. Wouldn't mind shutting him down for the season just to watch and learn but I'm sure they'll rush him back and he'll get hurt again. Might as well let Mike White take that beating. They'll have to bring in another QB now

Hard to believe Douglas has made this team worse than it was last year, but it is. 1-16 is a real possibility. They are not prepared to play at all any game. Every first possession is a 3 and out. They have something like 6 1st Q first downs all year. They'll be 1-9 when they head to Houston. That will be their only true shot at a 2nd win

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, '7' said:

Looks like 2-4 weeks for Zach. Wouldn't mind shutting him down for the season just to watch and learn but I'm sure they'll rush him back and he'll get hurt again. Might as well let Mike White take that beating. They'll have to bring in another QB now

Hard to believe Douglas has made this team worse than it was last year, but it is. 1-16 is a real possibility. They are not prepared to play at all any game. Every first possession is a 3 and out. They have something like 6 1st Q first downs all year. They'll be 1-9 when they head to Houston. That will be their only true shot at a 2nd win

The bolded makes tons of sense.  Doesn't look like the kid is really ready yet anyway, and it's not like there's enough in place to truly give him much of a chance.  Once year of sitting and learning (having gotten some playing time to boot) wouldn't be the end of the world.  Several QBs have sat initially and gone on to be terrific.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2021 at 6:46 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Like we couldn't have done this two months ago the minute Philly traded for Minshew?  At least Zach would have had a vet around to learn from that wasn't Josh Johnson

Didn't understand at all their resistance to a veteran mentor backup. Now they were forced to get one because no doubt the o-line will go on and get Mike White killed. But glad they're at least starting White...see what we have (which probably isn't much)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jesus other than the second INT White actually looks like a competent NFL QB.  Either the golden child really is a problem, or they're just calling the game differently - that whole first drive was five yard pass after seven-yard pass, the kind of stuff they should have been doing with Wilson early in games to get him in a rhythm instead of trying to feed into his Brett Favre tendencies and chuck it deep early.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Cole with an amazing catch...incomplete after a 2hr review. Tee Higgins grabbing Hall down the field with both arms, then drops the ball (bounced into his stomach) and of course it's first and goal cinci. Saleh still has to challenge that...but we still get sh!t on by the refs constantly

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.