Jump to content

2021 New York J-E-T-S Thread


NJDevs4978
 Share

Recommended Posts

I mean Flacco MIGHT be the better one-week option but it's ridiculous to start a 36-year old in a hopeless cause of a season and say it's because he's a better matchup against the Dolphins 😆  Yeah...how about looking at some game film Bob?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401220124

The charitable explanation is they're just hiding an injury from White.  The more sinister ones are A. because Saleh's been under fire with the Rex thing this week, this staff wants a win BAD, or B. they just don't want to risk White having a second good game before Wilson comes back and re-igniting the potential controversy.  And if it's the former then it makes their initial decision of not having a vet backup (or not having vet corners for that matter) look even more ridiculous.  So we can plan for the future at 0-0 but we gotta make a win-now move at 2-7?!  If it's the latter, it's gutless and stupid to devalue your own asset.

And the fact Wilson's been out four weeks now makes their initial decision not to IR him (when your BEST-case scenario was he came back to get carved up by the Bills) even more Mets-like than it already looked to begin with.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 3:20 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

I mean Flacco MIGHT be the better one-week option but it's ridiculous to start a 36-year old in a hopeless cause of a season and say it's because he's a better matchup against the Dolphins 😆  Yeah...how about looking at some game film Bob?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401220124

The charitable explanation is they're just hiding an injury from White.  The more sinister ones are A. because Saleh's been under fire with the Rex thing this week, this staff wants a win BAD, or B. they just don't want to risk White having a second good game before Wilson comes back and re-igniting the potential controversy.  And if it's the former then it makes their initial decision of not having a vet backup (or not having vet corners for that matter) look even more ridiculous.  So we can plan for the future at 0-0 but we gotta make a win-now move at 2-7?!  If it's the latter, it's gutless and stupid to devalue your own asset.

And the fact Wilson's been out four weeks now makes their initial decision not to IR him (when your BEST-case scenario was he came back to get carved up by the Bills) even more Mets-like than it already looked to begin with.

I don't get why they just don't roll with White again. Flacco really just got here again, and while he was here last year it's not the same offense as last year. Is it really THAT much a difference between Flacco and White at this point. White has shown some flashes...might as well keep looking into that while Zach gets healthy. I suppose White could be injured, and if it's anything with the arm/hand then it makes sense to keep him out as he doesn't exactly have a cannon to begin with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

This fvcking clown needs to pipe down, all he’s done is be Mo Wilkerson 2.0, got his money then proceeded to disappear except when stupid penalties are needed to lose the game. Yeah that 65-yard TD in the third where you guys left a man wide open by twenty yards that was some prayer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

 

This fvcking clown needs to pipe down, all he’s done is be Mo Wilkerson 2.0, got his money then proceeded to disappear except when stupid penalties are needed to lose the game. Yeah that 65-yard TD in the third where you guys left a man wide open by twenty yards that was some prayer.

And he had such a nice story behind him too...of course he promptly gets paid and totally vanishes. They didn't get embarrassed, I thought that's where the game was going after Miami marched down the field and scored right away, but they really could've won this game and promptly stupided it away. Hopefully Wilson back next week...but Flacco didn't look too bad

Jets offense actually looks pretty damn good at times

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of guys disappearing where the hell is Becton?  He was supposed to have a 6-8 week injury but we're in Week 12 and he can't even return to the practice field yet.  Seems like his weight might be a problem with rehabbing his type of injury too.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2021 at 3:37 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Speaking of guys disappearing where the hell is Becton?  He was supposed to have a 6-8 week injury but we're in Week 12 and he can't even return to the practice field yet.  Seems like his weight might be a problem with rehabbing his type of injury too.

I would write him off for the rest of the year. Weight issues...motivation issues. When he plays he's not too bad but he's not the dominant beast he should be. 2022 will be make or break for him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugly game. Ugly win...but it was a win and against fellow downtrodden bottom feeder. Wilson wasn't very good and made some stupid plays but at least it didn't cost them the game. With him under center, the offense definitely took a big step back (losing Michael Carter didn't help) but this team definitely ran more efficiently with Flacco, White, and heck Josh Johnson under center. Wilson came back and didn't at all look like anything's changed. The game still moves too fast for him and he makes asinine decisions with the football.

And enough of god damn Ammendola already. He's not an NFL kicker. Bring in some competition at practice this week

Defense looked fine. JFM, Quincy and Quinnen had impact games. When we're not playing a real NFL offense the defense can shine occasionally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This D was an utter joke as usual, seven straight possessions with points until this one where the Eagles are just trying to run out the clock.  Wilson was better today than normal but he still airmails way too many five-yard throws and had the bad lollipop on the INT.  Still 0-for in fifty years against the Eagles, I know we don't play them every year exactly but that's embarassing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What an utter disgrace of a game so far. Jets D is holding them in there but Wilson looks like utter trash (missing weapons but also missing some makeable throws). He just doesnt look like the guy. For all his studying and work ethic...the results by and large are not there. Eventually the Jets will do something stupid to give the game away but for now they're hanging in at 3-3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL for once the Jets actually looked like a fun offense for about 28 minutes when of course the line that can't block anyone and the D that can't stop anyone both blew up the game, predictably.  If it wasn't for Tua galaxy braining a couple of throws this would already be over.  As it is it looks like the #1 pick is a real possibility (a year late) with Detroit somehow winning big in Arizona.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miami adjusted and the Jets absolutely looked like they stopped competing and didn't give an effort in the 2nd half. When this defense looks bad it looks historically unfathomably bad Combine the lack of talent already with the incredible rash of injuries and this is what you get. How they even have 3 wins is beyond me with the luck this team has. Wilson had a nice 1st half but had no chance at all in the 2nd. I'm still leaning to this guy not working out. The Jets outright did not possess the ball in the 2nd half it seemed.

What happened in the 3rd an 4th q's is one of those instances where you look at the staff and wonder if they're the guys who can ever get it turn around. I just don't know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it's the sh!tbag Jaguars but any kind of win is a step forward building block for this franchise. Probably should have put up more points but made some hyper aggressive playcalls, gambles instead of trying to take the points. And I understand why with the situation we were in...still it would've sucked if leaving points on the board cost us against Jax. I just want to get that feeling of winning at 1 Jets Drive. At least we've doubled our win total from last year

Also our lineman make better plays on the football than our receivers do

And that Wilson long touchdown scramble reminded me a lot of Darnolds.

Carter (who is going to be part of the solution if we ever turn it around) is a very solid tough player and had himself a good game along with Tevin Coleman.

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah basically Jacksonville out Jet-ted the Jets spiking the ball on third down and only giving themselves one chance to win. But yeah we yee-hawed away too many easy points too early and made the end of the game more nail biting than it could have been. Still at least we’re seeing some hope for improvement from Wilson at least, and playing with a second unit to boot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welp if you wanted a higher draft pick that game was ideal lol, but holy hell how do you run a fvcking QB sneak on 4th and 2 to try to ice the game?!  It's like they just wanted to leave Brady a longer field for the TD drive.  And then the D promptly allowed an 87-yard drive without timeouts...typical LOLJets moment.

I do have to say though Zach's been very encouraging lately.  Considering we were playing without our top three WR's, our top two TE's, our top two RB's and starting LT/C, that's a more than acceptable performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saleh and LaFleur are not it. I can understand going for it (I would've kicked a FG) but to call that play is just stupidity beyond comprehension. It's Gregg Williams level from last year. How do you call a sneak on 4th and 2? I've never seen something like that. They may get better next year but I don't think Saleh will be the guy to finally bring them to the promised...and we will certainly be needing a new OC. Can't make those kinds of calls. Just can't

Ulbrich too. He's braindead and needs to be gone at seasons end

Edited by '7'
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.