I think it’s likely Kaprizov runs away with it, but who would’ve thought that with Ty Smith’s hot start, Sharangovich would actually pass him in the rookie scoring leader stats? 

Has he done so kind of quietly, or will Yegor get a few votes? 

• Like 1

Jason Robertson of Dallas is making a very strong case. Close in terms of points in less GP. 

The thing that may count against Kaprizov is his age at 24 where Robertson is 21.

The Devil's having 3 players inside the top 10 in rookie scoring is amazing. I wouldn't have believed that would be possible a few years ago. 

• Like 5
Posted (edited)

Last 35 GP:  13 G, 12 A

Last 16 GP (within the above):  8 G, 8 A

What I love about the way his rookie year has gone is that he isn't a guy who started off red-hot, then cooled off once word got around about him and found himself unable to adjust...instead, he needed some games to figure things out, and now just keeps looking better and better and more and more comfortable.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

2nd on the team in goals and 3rd on the team in points...some of that is a testament to how bad our team has been this year, but you can't discredit what a nice surprise Sharangovich has been as well.  We desperately need a guy who's a legitimate and pure goal scorer, and although it's early, it looks like he might be just that.  

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Kaprisov\Robertson\Shestyorkin. Anyway I really happy for Yegor, he played well in the end of last season in AHL, he was pretty great in KHL this season, that was pretty to watch him in Dynamo and spendin time to imagine how he will translate his  game to NHL. In parallel universe NHL devide to play all 82 games and Yegor was able to get into the top three Calder contenders. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

I just looked it up and Rango started this season on Sept 5th with Minsk, played 34 games (17g for 25pts), joined the Devils, got COVID, and turned it up during an insanely compressed schedule.  Calder aside, that's pretty fvcking cool.

• Like 8

Yeah Kaprisov's age "should" play in the balance logically, but it won't. He's winning the calder for sure.

If one of our guys somehow gets in i'd imagine that it would be Smith simply because he's a dman and younger