GDT: Tue, May 4, 7:00 PM the Boston Borings @ NJ

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

nah not specifically you at all; this entire forum screamed at me that he was a no-talent bust for 4 years. this entire forum mocked me for loving him for 4 years, laughed at me for saying “he’s a teenager give him fvcking time”, and now FINALLY when it’s time to eat some crow most of this forum is pretending like they knew it the whole time.

par for the course with this place but hooooly fvckin sh!t fellas 

not entire forum. there were enough people who were on the light side of the force. you would be surprised if you will check twitter how many people still think he he is a bust with hot streak.

• Like 1
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude...this is some crazy fate. Wanna know something?  I was literally just about to write at the start of my post "Can we get real for a moment?" I'll explain in some detail: Tomorrow I am going

I love these fvcking kids

The future looks bright. And we get to add another high first rounder to the organization this summer. 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

oh cmon. i said he was a bust a year ago, but i did say he did have the tools. anyone could see that. i'm sure there are others with me 

I said earlier this season that if he was going to be a career checking center, I could accept it. I’m pleased he’s made himself tradable now. 😃

Posted (edited)

Let’s also point out, there were a lot of people that started out saying how good Zacha was, then stopped up until last season, and then started again now that he’s playing good. 

The idea that some people have been supporting him from the very beginning there’s a false narrative. Some have, sure, but some definitely jump on and off the train.

Edited by mfitz804
1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

I said earlier this season that if he was going to be a career checking center, I could accept it. I’m pleased he’s made himself tradable now. 😃

Valid point also. Inverse, his best season, the dude has 33 points. He’s not exactly a superstar. He’s only a superstar on our roster.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Valid point also. Inverse, his best season, the dude has 33 points. He’s not exactly a superstar. He’s only a superstar on our roster.

I will start getting excited when he can continue on with this upward trajectory.  I am still not pleased that we picked him over guys like Connor, Rantanen, Provorov, etc.

It's still very obvious that Zacha highly underachieved for his first few years, so people calling him out had every reason to.  I'm very happy he turned things around and that the team seems to be growing well together.

Offseason Mission: Get some NHL quality defensemen please!  I'll take 3-4 at least.

Thanks

I stood up for Zacha up until last season when I was definitely starting to lose patience with him. There's only so long you can say someone has potential, but at some point that potential has to turn into results. It's always been obvious that Zacha has some great skills, but the guy has been a real tease. You'd get a couple of great games out of him then he'd disappear for five or six games. I think his problems have been confidence related and maybe he should have seen a sports psychologist like Bratt did.

This season and Ruff must get a lot of credit for this he's been much more consistent and we've seen the offensive side of his game blossom. Hopefully he's turned a corner now and can become one of our core players.

Posted (edited)

He fvcked me with his mediocre play for years, now I made some bets and he’s fvcking me with good play. What’s to like about him???

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let’s also point out, there were a lot of people that started out saying how good soccer was, then stopped up until last season, and then started again now that he’s playing good. 

The idea that some people have been supporting him from the very beginning there’s a false narrative. Some have, sure, but some definitely jump on and off the train.

Soccer has always sucked. :P

sorry @Satans Hockey lol

28 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I will start getting excited when he can continue on with this upward trajectory.  I am still not pleased that we picked him over guys like Connor, Rantanen, Provorov, etc.

It's been a slow development curve but Zacha is turning out to be a decent, not great pick.  He'll never be Barzal or Rantanen but he's frankly better than some of these guys who came out of the gate fast but haven't really progressed since then.  Provorov for example is nothing special.  Every Flyers fan I know thinks he's been crap for the better part of two years. I know you didn't mention Timo Meier, but he's another one.  He isn't looking so great as the talent around him drops off. 

1.  Zacha has gotten better with every single professional season.   

2.  He has mostly played C when it's becoming clearer by the day he should have been slotted at LW all along

3.  He has for the most part played with crap linemates up until very recently 

Now, don't get me wrong, a lot of this has been his own doing.  He didn't exactly ever force the Devils hand to move up the lineup either but the game seems to be slowing down for him more and more every week right now.  This year he's scoring on spin o ramas, finally using his shot, the passing has been really good (FU Palmieri for f'ing up so many of them) he almost scored a beauty on that on pass he received last night in his skates where he then hurdled a guy before snapping off a shot that got though the goalie, he told the D man to hold his beer in OT while he patiently walked around and roofed a backhand.  I'm excited to see what he's capable of next year if he can get most of the season on the wing in a top 6 role.  I think with each passing year, this pick is going to look better and better.        

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He fvcked me with his mediocre play for years, now I made some bets and he’s fvcking me with good play. What’s to like about him???

Dedication, commitment, and most important, consistency

Just now, Crisis said:

Dedication, commitment, and most important, consistency

Fvck that sh!t. 😉

27 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

It's been a slow development curve but Zacha is turning out to be a decent, not great pick.  He'll never be Barzal or Rantanen but he's frankly better than some of these guys who came out of the gate fast but haven't really progressed since then.  Provorov for example is nothing special.  Every Flyers fan I know thinks he's been crap for the better part of two years. I know you didn't mention Timo Meier, but he's another one.  He isn't looking so great as the talent around him drops off. 

1.  Zacha has gotten better with every single professional season.   

2.  He has mostly played C when it's becoming clearer by the day he should have been slotted at LW all along

3.  He has for the most part played with crap linemates up until very recently 

Now, don't get me wrong, a lot of this has been his own doing.  He didn't exactly ever force the Devils hand to move up the lineup either but the game seems to be slowing down for him more and more every week right now.  This year he's scoring on spin o ramas, finally using his shot, the passing has been really good (FU Palmieri for f'ing up so many of them) he almost scored a beauty on that on pass he received last night in his skates where he then hurdled a guy before snapping off a shot that got though the goalie, he told the D man to hold his beer in OT while he patiently walked around and roofed a backhand.  I'm excited to see what he's capable of next year if he can get most of the season on the wing in a top 6 role.  I think with each passing year, this pick is going to look better and better.        

The bolded point can't be stressed enough.  He looks MUCH better as a winger than as a center.

I also do think coaching has played a part for him.  In 17-18 he started the season as the top line center, by November he was scratched.  IIRC he complained at the time to his agent about how he believes Hynes had it out for him.  Now, it looks like that is possibly indeed the case and just the fact that Hynes was not a good NHL coach.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

And, most of all, Barzal, who many had predicted we would take with that pick. 

Zacha was not as bad as many people were saying, and is not as good as the overhyped expectations the fan base had for him based upon his draft slot.  The fact that he was rushed into the NHL when he clearly wasn't mentally ready stunted his development.  However, he keeps improving the offensive side of his game (even if it's a slow progression), which is a good sign as he's still young .  He is better on LW and has proven to have some good success on the PP, which is important.  Would I take him over the guys you mentioned - absolutely not.  But is he a legitimate NHL player that can pot around 40-50 points and be part of the core of this team moving forward - I believe so.

• Like 2

I'll admit I gave up on him after his 2nd full season with us, and I am more than happy to eat crow now that he's producing. Hopefully he can continue it next season. Also, can we talk about how he looks like a completely different person from his draft picture?

licensed-image.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I think I took a lot of heat for my Zacha criticism, which was about 50% that he frequently “almost” scoring or making the big play, and then not doing it. Part of that means he HAS to have some talent, because you don’t get to be “almost” if you suck. 

The other 50% of my rhetoric was/is for comedy/to infuriate his supporters for entertainment purposes. 

I said from Day 1 he was brought up too early, he was not NHL ready but he was forced into action by a very bare roster. I said it about Jack also. Nico is a tougher call, he obviously came back looking even better in season 2, but he had the inflated points total from playing with Hall in his rookie year so I can’t really say he belonged in the AHL. 

As NHL players go, he’s good. He doesn’t suck, he’s not amazing, he’s good. If he keeps progressing, he’ll get better. 

I’ll probably meme him either way unless a better target happens to surface. 

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I'll admit I gave up on him after his 2nd full season with us, and I am more than happy to eat crow now that he's producing. Hopefully he can continue it next season. Also, can we talk about how he looks like a completely different person from his draft picture?

licensed-image.jpeg

Maybe that guy, whoever he is, plays like a 6th overall pick. 

Edited by mfitz804