GDT: Devils @ Islanders 5/6/21 7:00pm MSG+ MSG+2

NJDfan1711

Nice solid victory tonight.  Basically what I called for - a good game by Blackwood, the only one that got by him was a lucky bounce for the Isles, and the rest of the guys in front of him played quite well.  Killed a few penalties and played good at 5 on 5.  Nice all around.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Am I jumping the gun when I say .... Kevin Bahl looks the part? 

After only a few games, yes I think you are, but I have loved his play so far as well, and am really encouraged by what we've seen.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

There was even some hitting in this game. And constant pressure from speedy Devils forecheckers. I wouldn't mind seeing that become part of this team's identity.

Ok so it was only from one line, but ill take it.. it made a difference 

Great overall team effort. Jesper Boqvist has arrived. Kid has looked great lately. And I always said be patient with McLeod’s seasoning in the minors because he’ll eventually break thru and be a solid NHL contributor. I don’t think he’ll cap at fourth line player either.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You get what you get when you shop from the bargain bin. At least as far as Palmieri goes. Everyone knew he was broken. 

Really looks more and more like the Devils got his very best, and got out at just the right time.  He has a lot to prove next year...very curious to see where he winds up.  

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Really looks more and more like the Devils got his very best, and got out at just the right time.  He has a lot to prove next year...very curious to see where he winds up.  

You should have seen Islanders fans last night on twitter about Palmieri and Zajac.  Even the most optimistic of them still think it was uneven.

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

You should have seen Islanders fans last night on twitter about Palmieri and Zajac.  Even the most optimistic of them still think it was uneven.

Meanwhile, our fans were upset thinking that either guy could have brought back a first on their own. 

13 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The good news for Islander fans is that the story hasn't been written yet. 

1 hour ago, Jerrydevil said:

The good news for Islander fans is that the story hasn't been written yet. 

For sure, but they’ve gone just 6–7-2 since that deal.  Hasn’t helped so far.