GDT: Devils @ Islanders 5/6/21 7:00pm MSG+ MSG+2

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, Aitchmack said:

McLeod has got to be the most improved player this year.

And I don’t think whoever #2 is is even particularly close. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WaffleFries said:

I don't know. Zacha makes a strong case for most improved.

To me, the fact that it came from nowhere makes McLeod the most improved. I had zero expectations and didn’t even know for sure he would stick in the NHL. 

32 points in 65 games last year, 34 points in 48 this year. Definitely an improvement, but in my opinion, not as big as McLeod’s. McLeod went from being an AHL/borderline NHL player to being a solid 4th liner (although I hate to really call them a 4th line). 

Same too with Jack, definitely improved but he was a first overall pick and was 18. I am not surprised by his improvement so it doesn’t hit the same as McLeod in my opinion. 

Not that the scoring leaders on this team are all that impressive, but for goals, it’s Zacha, Hughes, Bratt, Sharangovich and then McLeod. 

Mike McLeod is the 5th highest goal scorer on this team. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not that the scoring leaders on this team are all that impressive, but for goals, it’s Zacha, Hughes, Bratt, Sharangovich and then McLeod. 

Mike McLeod is the 5th highest goal scorer on this team. 

Not sure what you're looking at, but for goals Wood is actually first, then Sharangovich, Zacha, Hughes, and Palmieri. And then McLeod.  He's 6th.  And Bratt isn't in there.  Not sure where you got your list from but it isn't correct in the least lol.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, lazer said:

And Wood

Yes, I missed him. Bratt didn’t belong on the list, McLeod has outscored him goal-wise. 

Edited by mfitz804

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Not sure what you're looking at, but for goals Wood is actually first, then Sharangovich, Zacha, Hughes, and Palmieri. And then McLeod.  He's 6th.  And Bratt isn't in there.  Not sure where you got your list from but it isn't correct in the least lol.

From memory.

I included Bratt instead of Wood. Palmieri had 8, McLeod just scored his 9th. So, he’s 5th, and I got 4 out of 5 from memory. You made fun of me for having a bad list and then included someone who didn’t belong on the list.  Good work. I think it was a little correct, in the least. 

Edited by mfitz804

When there’s about 4-5 different guys you can make a case for most improved to me that means Ruff has done a great job (despite the standings). He absolutely deserves another year, imo. Just replace his assistants.

Anyway, just caught up with the game on the dvr and Zacha wearing an A was a nice surprise. Good for him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Anyway, just caught up with the game on the dvr and Zacha wearing an A was a nice surprise. Good for him. 

Where’s my sharpie, they left off the “hole”. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Didn't realize Palms only has two goals with the Islanders. Yikes.

He was wrong, he has one in 14 games. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Shocking 1