GDT: Devils @ Islanders 5/6/21 7:00pm MSG+ MSG+2

NJDfan1711

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For sure, but they’ve gone just 6–7-2 since that deal.  Hasn’t helped so far.

No it hasn't, and the Islanders played a pretty uninspired game against us on Thursday. They're going in the wrong direction with the playoffs about to start.

13 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

No it hasn't, and the Islanders played a pretty uninspired game against us on Thursday. They're going in the wrong direction with the playoffs about to start.

Look at  last years finish, isles lost 13 of 15 to end the season ! Then they ran to the conference finals

• Like 1

To be honest, their roster is sh!t. You have a bunch of no name defensemen and goalies who play a stifling trap system and the system works for the team defense. On offense you have maybe two guys with some real skill and the rest just 'fit the system'. I'm sure people made the same arguments vs the devils in the 90s, but I would point to our hall of fame defensemen and goalie as a counter to that.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

41 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Look at  last years finish, isles lost 13 of 15 to end the season ! Then they ran to the conference finals

Yeah, I'm definitely not placing any bets on how far the Isles will go based on their current performance. My friend who is a Bruins fan would rather not face the Isles in Round 1 despite how poorly they are playing.

3 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

To be honest, their roster is sh!t. You have a bunch of no name defensemen and goalies who play a stifling trap system and the system works for the team defense. On offense you have maybe two guys with some real skill and the rest just 'fit the system. I'm sure people made the same arguments vs the devils in the 90s, but I would point to our hall of fame defensemen and goalie as a counter to that.

They're definitely not flashy except for Mathew Barzal, who is a wizard. Losing their captain Andres Lee was a tough, tough blow. But with Trotz leading them from the bench, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it together.