The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

I know +/- doesn’t mean much in today’s game, but he led the league in 2020 at +40. He was also originally a Rags draft pick, so if he plays halfway decent for us that would be a nice bonus to stick it to them. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I know +/- doesn’t mean much in today’s game, but he led the league in 2020 at +40. He was also originally a Rags draft pick, so if he plays halfway decent for us that would be a nice bonus to stick it to them. 

A former Rag draft pick named Graves succeeding with the Devils would no doubt piss off their muppet fans 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And Fitzgerald, if he has his way, is just getting started.

“We’re not done. I want to improve this team,”  he said. “My ownership has given us the green light to do what we need to do, without sacrificing our future. But we want to start playing meaningful games. That’s the next phase of development for Jack (Hughes) and Nico (Hischier), they have to get to that level. We have to be able to support them with players like Ryan Graves, who has experience in those areas.’’

https://theathletic.com/2710725/2021/07/16/lebrun-thumbs-up-for-devils-trade-latest-on-zach-hyman-and-gabriel-landeskog/

26 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Andy Strickland is saying that Landeskog is offered 6MM range over long term but he is asking for 9-10MM. He would prob get it on the open market. Do you guys give Landeskog 10MM to come to NJ? I don't think I go much higher than 8MM depending on term.

I think you are closer to right, but $6m is way low. 

7 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Landeskog is a pipe dream. Word is he has interest in the Bolts or Knights. He clearly wants to be a passenger on a cup team

Those teams don’t have the cap room to pay him the 9 or $10 million he’s rumored to want though….

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I mean, he’s the captain of a Cup contending team already. He should just take less to stay where he is.

Unless he isn’t happy there, I agree. They are lowballing him. Maybe he will take $8m to play for a contender instead of the $9-10m. 

One of them will find a way to afford him. Maybe we can help. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1