The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Agree.  He’s trying.  Starts there.  

Fitz is smart enough to understand that NJ as a state has a lot to offer, and good on him for that. He knows the outside perception of the organization isn’t great right now, but is letting guys know that that is all about to change, and you could be a big part of why it changes. That is what he needs to be doing, while selling all the things living here offers. Whether it nets a Hamilton or another big name UFA I have no idea- but he’s doing what needs to be done, and I’m thrilled about that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Fitz actually trying on this is encouraging.  If Hamilton does indeed sign here it will for sure shut people like me up for a little bit.

Wouldn't that be nice!(I'm JK)

Anyone big signing here is a pipe dream but I am torn on if Hamilton or Landeskog would help more. I am not sure if Zacha can have the season he just had again. Landeskog replacing him on the top line and pushing Zacha down a bit to play with Wood and McLeod or something changes the complexion of our top 2 lines so much.

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Anyone big signing here is a pipe dream but I am torn on if Hamilton or Landeskog would help more. I am not sure if Zacha can have the season he just had again. Landeskog replacing him on the top line and pushing Zacha down a bit to play with Wood and McLeod or something changes the complexion of our top 2 lines so much.

tenor (2).gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think both are still a long shot, but Hamilton seems more and more realistic as other teams allocate their cap space on other players.  If we land either of Hamilton or Landeskog then the off-season is a win, but I think Landeskog is a much more of a longshot than even Hamilton (who is still a longshot).

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

I think both are still a long shot, but Hamilton seems more and more realistic as other teams allocate their cap space on other players.  If we land either of Hamilton or Landeskog then the off-season is a win, but I think Landeskog is a much more of a longshot than even Hamilton (who is still a longshot).

For sure. If it wasn't for this article I wouldn't think Hamilton was anymore likely than Landeskog. This is the only place I have seen us linked to either of them. Landeskog also fits the bill to exactly the kind of guys Fitz wants in the locker room so...yea. I'm sure he is doing his thing. We just wait.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

2022-2023 Defense:

Ty Smith - Dougie Hamilton

Graves - Severson 

(Bahl?) - Hughes 

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE OMG ITS A REAL NHL DEFENSE 

Hughes plays the left side. So we might have to get creative and flip one of them but having these guys as assets is encouraging

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is Fitz SELLING NJ, which is exactly what I said he needed to do! Well done Fitz! 

Question: how could we be pitching anything to Dougie now, when free agency hasn’t started?

Or is this just a general statement they are sending out?

Edited by mfitz804

Murray and Hamilton would be great.  And we need in Hamilton

Graves - Dougie
Murray - Sevs
Smith - Subbs

This is lookin good. But I cant imagine we will sign Murray for long term, and I believe he will take that deal on the market. I`m all in for returning Kulikov for 1-2 years deal.

Very interesting how Fitz will manage their defensive prospects and who will play on the right side.

Edited by Guadana

Fridge confirmed NJ's interest in Hamilton on the draft show(according to other people).

Idk why he would wait so long and get this close to UFA without at least seeing what the market is going to offer and I wouldn't expect Waddell to be truthful if things were more 50/50 anyway.

Starts at 5:20

Talks FA period

There won't be the usual development camp this year, maybe something smaller in August but not confirmed

The prospect tournament in Buffalo is on, but Pittsburg won't be attending so it is Buffalo, Boston, & NJ. 

Edited by NJDevils1214

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Watch Hamilton just stay in that sh!thole. Would be typical.

I fvcking loathe that stupid franchise.

I'm  pretty nervous about this too cause we really need him.

But he's already in Carolina, they were in the playoffs and made a good push last year. And the taxes are a bit cheaper in Carolina but not sure if its enough to make a huge difference. Also they can offer that 8th year if they have to. But at the same time, if they were this close and really wanted it done... they might have get it done already

Hopefully Fitz can really sell him on our potential

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm  pretty nervous about this too cause we really need him.

But he's already in Carolina, they were in the playoffs and made a good push last year. And the taxes are a bit cheaper in Carolina but not sure if its enough to make a huge difference. Also they can offer that 8th year if they have to. But at the same time, if they were this close and really wanted it done... they might have get it done already

Hopefully Fitz can really sell him on our potential

If I'm him, I'm asking management why the hell they traded a promising goalie for Jonathan freaking Bernier....

Sure Mac has his ups and downs, and the Devils of the 2010s were a dumpster fire, but Carolina what direction are the Hurricanes going? It really is like trying to plot the path of a real one, you think you have a clue and then boom, it makes a hard right and parks right over you

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jagknife said:

If I'm him, I'm asking management why the hell they traded a promising goalie for Jonathan freaking Bernier....

Sure Mac has his ups and downs, and the Devils of the 2010s were a dumpster fire, but Carolina what direction are the Hurricanes going? It really is like trying to plot the path of a real one, you think you have a clue and then boom, it makes a hard right and parks right over you

Agreed.   I wouldn’t trust the prime of my career to a team owned by Tom Dundon 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jagknife said:

24 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Agreed.   I wouldn’t trust the prime of my career to a team owned by Tom Dundon 

You mean the guy who said they would ‘never draft a defenseman in the first round’? Why not? 🤣