The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

15 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Hahahaha, GTFO.  The guy has never played a meaningful game in the NHL.  

I mean has he even ever been a true NHL starter? He played 20 games last year, and the most he ever played was 34. 

He’s coming off a $2.6m contract, how about $4-4.5m x 4 as a more reasonable figure?

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean has he even ever been a true NHL starter? He played 20 games last year, and the most he ever played was 34. 

He’s coming off a $2.6m contract, how about $4-4.5m x 4 as a more reasonable figure?

Nadeljkovic just signed for 3 million x 2.   Am I off for saying that should a comparable, at least in terms of cap hit? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Nadeljkovic just signed for 3 million x 2.   Am I off for saying that should a comparable, at least in terms of cap hit? 

Noodlesandwich was a rookie last year with a total of 6 games in the prior 3 seasons. Ullmark is a little more experienced, maybe he gets a little more, but it highlights that 6x6 is pretty crazy. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Noodlesandwich was a rookie last year with a total of 6 games in the prior 3 seasons. Ullmark is a little more experienced, maybe he gets a little more, but it highlights that 6x6 is pretty crazy. 

Nadeljkovic also just posted a .920 save percentage in the playoffs.   

I think we’re on the same page.   Just sayin’  

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Nadeljkovic also just posted a .920 save percentage in the playoffs.   

I think we’re on the same page.   Just sayin’  

I understand what you’re saying. Maybe it is a better number. Pinus doesn’t agree. 

Canada has five federal political parties at the moment actually, although number five had maybe one seat only in parliament and one of the parties is Quebec only.

I prefer it to yo-yo democrat/ republic swings myself where you put a party into power just because 'its their turn'.

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Is there a deadline either tomorrow or Wednesday in which the Devils need to complete any trades or signings?

we can't sign any unrestricted free agents until Wednesday around like noon. And our restricted free agents we just gotta sign them before the season start.

As for trades you can trade guys all year long at any time. 

7 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Canada has five federal political parties at the moment actually, although number five had maybe one seat only in parliament and one of the parties is Quebec only.

I prefer it to yo-yo democrat/ republic swings myself where you put a party into power just because 'its their turn'.

This is the extent of what I know about Canadian politics…lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Am I the only one here who keeps Googling the Devils at almost midnight somehow magically expecting the Devils to make some kind of move right about now?  In addition to checking tsn too often?  Yeah I know there’s no way but also don’t want to have to wait until Wednesday.

6 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Am I the only one here who keeps Googling the Devils at almost midnight somehow magically expecting the Devils to make some kind of move right about now?  In addition to checking tsn too often?  Yeah I know there’s no way but also don’t want to have to wait until Wednesday.

what i use is the app TweetDeck on my desktop. You can have your twitter feed, then you can add rows for specific searches. So i got my feed, then NJ Devils, then Dougie Hamilton, then Tarasenko.. so i got all those live feed open all day on my side monitor lol 1433778011_ScreenShot2021-07-27at12_51_57AM.thumb.png.f138f8b8788eceb81f1134491892b16e.png

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1