The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Vegas doesn’t need Eichel. If they ever traded that package for him, it would be a borderline fireable offense. 

Wasn't the big thing in the Montreal series that they were too weak at center?  I think Stevenson was hurt for a few of the games but is he really a #1 C on cup contender?  Seems like Wild Bill goes quiet in the playoffs as well although as I look it up he had 16 points in 19 games this year.  Maybe it was padded early on?  

Eichel would be a move I would do as Vegas GM.  They are damn close to a cup.      

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

does anyone know the deadlines? i.e is it midnight tonight where you can offer an 8th year? or noon tomorrow? 

My understanding is a player’s current team can always offer the 8th year, is that not true?

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

does anyone know the deadlines? i.e is it midnight tonight where you can offer an 8th year? or noon tomorrow? 

Noon. I hate it. It should be midnight like the NBA. But no, noon, when everyone is stuck at work 🤬

Edited by MadDog2020

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I thought it was up until noon when the contract officially expires 

Well that makes sense, since they have no team at that point. From the 2020-21 Transition Rules:

July 27: Club’s ability to offer own potential UFA an eight (8) year SPC expires (11:59 p.m. New York Time)”

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

so you think it would be better that GMs could start signing players at midnight in the middle of the night...?

Yeah man! You get a flurry of signings right at midnight, then everyone stays up late to talk about it lol

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah man! You get a flurry of signings right at midnight, then everyone stays up late to talk about it lol

I mean haha i'd be down with that for sure cause im a nightowl. But i also remember a lot of people not even finishing watching the draft cause it was too late. So that's debatable haha

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean haha i'd be down with that for sure cause im a nightowl. But i also remember a lot of people not even finishing watching the draft cause it was too late. So that's debatable haha

Oh if free agency opened at midnight, I’d be so screwed tomorrow….

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Saw a quote from Coleman about wanting to go to another contender now that he’s had the taste of winning. Oh well. We would have had to overpay him anyway. 

personally i think Coleman should go to the highest bidder. He won 2 cups, he has 2 kids. And actually this might be his last chance at a big payday

Edited by SterioDesign