The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i don’t think there will be a ton of contenders willing to pay him $30+ million dollars. 

like, I’d want to play for a contender too. but if an up-and-coming team offered me double the amount of money? yea i’m in lol 

Unlikely we would offer him double what someone else would offer. We would probably be slightly higher and then he’ll go to Dallas. 

• Like 1

So why doesn’t Hamilton stick?  In Boston (RFA traded), Calgary (traded), Carolina (UFA contract)?   Just asking before im all gung-ho about committing term to him. 

I really wanted Hamilton in the draft, but then we won the lottery and moved from 9th to 4th to get Adam Larsson.

Edited by aylbert

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

So why doesn’t Hamilton stick?  I’m Boston (RFA traded), Calgary (traded), Carolina (UFA contract)?   Just asking before im all gung-ho about committing term to him. 

I really wanted Hamilton in the draft, but then we won the lottery and moved from 9th to 4th to get Adam Larsson.

In Boston he turned down his bridge contract and they figured he wouldnt commit long term so they traded him to calgary.

I asked my calgary fans buddies and they mostly said they like him but he didnt fit in well.

Carolina wanted to keep him but they wouldn't pay him what he wants i guess

I know he’s saying not necessarily done, but he’s the Bob Father and Hamilton/NJD not being in that list makes me nervous. Especially with no phone from 8 until who knows…. Ugh…

EDIT: stand down, a little, he mentions us…

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

any hamilton reference is immediately upvoted 

I don’t even get most of these references having not seen the play (i thought Lin-Manuel Miranda was great on Curb Your Enthusiasm though), but I saw this one on HF last night and people seemed to like it a lot. 

image.thumb.png.c54ee9296891bd179321c524aaad62c1.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Lets see if this one makes the start of the season. 

Would feel pretty satisfying to snag Hamilton and Bernier out from under Carolina and watch them sign the hand grenade that is Tony D

• Like 1

As far as a backup/fill-in starter goes, you could do worse than Bernier.

Hamilton-Coleman-Bernier...I'd consider that a plenty successful UFA shopping spree.  If Fitz wants to make additional moves beyond that, great, but I'd be fine with then just letting the kids continue to develop/gain more experience.

Kinda surprised that Palms hasn't re-upped with the Isles yet...makes me wonder if Fitz considers bringing him back (but on HIS terms), should other potential moves not come to fruition...basically, would Palms on a two-year deal be Plan B or C for Fitz?  I could see Palms still being open to the idea...guy does love it here.  Not so sure Fitz would be feelin it...still think he's more or less moved on.    

We all know (pretty much) Fitz will overpay for Hamilton.  However, there is a possibility he'll sign elsewhere in a market that has a legit shot at cup. Or, last minute change of heart by Canes. (which I doubt-they're flush w/ D men)

I also wouldn't mind Cody Ceci for depth. (chipped in a lil offense & was a plus 18,  & 27 years old. -fo schizzle) Love to see Coleman back in NJ