The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I don’t like theater. I hate musicals.

I have every fvcking song memorized lol. It’s fvcking phenomenal. 

There you have it. 

I happen to be a theater fan, but Hamilton is on a different level. I credit my daughter with getting me into that one. 

Nothing a (then) 10 year old likes better than rapping about the founding fathers, I always say. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Lou being Lou. 

Yeah can't say I'm surprised.  Palms played pretty well for them in the playoffs, and likes this general area.  Curious to see what Zach got...and how much he has left.  I wouldn't want him, but I can see signing him to a one-year deal on the cheap.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s a show that people who don’t even like theater tend to like, you should check it out. I think it’s still on Disney+. If you don’t have that, sign up for a free trial.

That picture is awesome, saved for future use.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but to me Hamilton is like those teachers we had back in school who always try to be cool except here they rap and it comes across corny as hell. Miranda is the worst of the bunch to me with his whiney nasally voice and I think it's awful. 

I think a lot of people paid a stupid amount of money for those tickets and didn't want to admit that the raps are actually awful. At the same it seems to be the majority of the people who actually like this show don't listen to any rap or hip hop to begin with so another explanation as to why they think this show is just so amazeballs. 

5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

All quiet on the Hamilton front. Is that good or bad?

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

it’s nothing, right now. i’d take silence as slightly comforting, meaning another surprise team didn’t wake up and say “ah fvck it let’s throw a bucket at him too”

In the eye of a hurricane there is quiet…

24 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know it's an unpopular opinion but to me Hamilton is like those teachers we had back in school who always try to be cool except here they rap and it comes across corny as hell. Miranda is the worst of the bunch to me with his whiney nasally voice and I think it's awful. 

I think a lot of people paid a stupid amount of money for those tickets and didn't want to admit that the raps are actually awful. At the same it seems to be the majority of the people who actually like this show don't listen to any rap or hip hop to begin with so another explanation as to why they think this show is just so amazeballs. 

If you have seen it and you feel that way, you’re the first person I met who did. 

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Imagine going from Tampa to Calgary lol I just can't see this, hell I'd take less money to stay in Tampa at that point lol... 

If Coleman wants to go to a place where he can win, why on earth is he considering Calgary? They only had 7 more wins than us. They must be backing up the money truck

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you have seen it and you feel that way, you’re the first person I met who did. 

I saw it on Broadway and I do, would have left at intermission if I was by myself. No offense not that I'd think you ever take offense anyway lol but the majority of the theatre was either middle school theatre kids or middle aged to old white people so I don't think it's going out on a limb to say that most of the people who end up seeing this show or listening to it are listening to rap and hip hop on a regular basis. 

I compare the show itself to MSG, absolutely fantastic at marketing itself both they are both still overrated and awful. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Lou always gets his man. Even if it's a shell of that man 10 years later. 

He's definitely gone to the former player well quite a bit, and suffice it to say the results have been rather mixed.  I could actually see Parise get off to a fairly quick start, but the problem with aging players like him is that they simply wear down over the course of the season, more than younger guys...and I could see that happening after 20-25 games with Parise (assuming he stays healthy enough to play in 70+ games)...I could see him, say, put up 8 G and 7 A through his first 20 games or so, then wind up with 30-something points in 65-70 games.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976