The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I saw it on Broadway and I do, would have left at intermission if I was by myself. No offense not that I'd think you ever take offense anyway lol but the majority of the theatre was either middle school theatre kids or middle aged to old white people so I don't think it's going out on a limb to say that most of the people who end up seeing this show or listening to it are listening to rap and hip hop on a regular basis. 

I compare the show itself to MSG, absolutely fantastic at marketing itself both they are both still overrated and awful. 

I mean, it doesn’t star Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, I’m not sure what you expected hip hop wise. It’s a Broadway show. 

And I don’t take offense, I’m aware of how middle aged and white I am lol. As evidenced by my 90’s example of rappers above (intentional, I went back and changed them lol). 

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He's definitely gone to the former player well quite a bit, and suffice it to say the results have been rather mixed.  I could actually see Parise get off to a fairly quick start, but the problem with aging players like him is that they simply wear down over the course of the season, more than younger guys...and I could see that happening after 20-25 games with Parise (assuming he stays healthy enough to play in 70+ games)...I could see him, say, put up 8 G and 7 A through his first 20 games or so, then wind up with 30-something points in 65-70 games.   

One of the things that was brought up about Zach even back when we were speculating contract scenarios a decade ago was how his body would handle the kind of game he plays. Going to the crease and taking that pounding for the ugly goals can do a number on a player. 

I don't think it's a great move, but Lou is gonna Lou. I'm sure he feels Zach fills leadership roles

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Man this is the most jarring thing I’ve ever read haha. I have paid $0 to Hamilton; I listen to the soundtrack WEEKLY on spotify and I’ve watched it a dozen times on Disney+. 

I’m someone who likes to pretend to himself that he has great taste in music. I listen to podcasts that break down some of the best albums of all time and feel like I know “what to look for” when a new artist drops a new album, and specifically in the rap genre it’s rare that a major label drops an album I won’t listen to. 

Hamilton is just... perfection. Laugh out loud funny at parts. Legitimately weeping at other parts. Stupidly entertaining, like “It feels like it’s been 15 minutes but we’re in the 2nd hour of the play” entertaining. Historically accurate for the most part which is unique for Broadway. Brilliant, brilliant writing, choreography, vocals. 

It is the best thing I have ever watched and it is not close. Different strokes for different folks and if you really just didn’t like it, I’m not going to convince you otherwise. But this made me feel like I was in 4th grade and someone told me they hated Christmas. My only reaction is.... “how?”. 

Would you mind naming a couple of those podcasts that break down great albums? I love that kind of stuff

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

One of the things that was brought up about Zach even back when we were speculating contract scenarios a decade ago was how his body would handle the kind of game he plays. Going to the crease and taking that pounding for the ugly goals can do a number on a player. 

I don't think it's a great move, but Lou is gonna Lou. I'm sure he feels Zach fills leadership roles

I think his deal will be cheap enough that people will say "At least it didn't cost much."  But I don't think he's going to bring much to the table at all.

And yeah I remember when we were all talking about how he'd hold up...I'd say his career went right about the way we thought it would...he now looks like a 37-year-old without much left.  

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Both of these are fine. 

Yeah, can't see Bernier being anything less than solid in his role, really.  Good signing.

And someone will need a new autograph to add to his collection... 😉

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, can't see Bernier being anything less than solid in his role, really.  Good signing.

And someone will need a new autograph to add to his collection... 😉

Well, he has to play a fvcking game first...looking at you Crawford. 

Collection has exploded somewhat, I had to order another display case. 

236DDE6C-7280-436E-A01E-7BF8BB5824F3.jpeg

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That must make driving confusing. 

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:
Now he just needs to learn who Nelson Mandela is 🤣

Agreed. He needs to respect the man who invented the full nelson. 

Right?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well, he has to play a fvcking game first...looking at you Crawford. 

Collection has exploded somewhat, I had to order another display case. 

236DDE6C-7280-436E-A01E-7BF8BB5824F3.jpeg

I can make out Chico, Burke, KK, and Marty.  I have no idea about any of the others, but sweet collection regardless.  Well done!

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

what is Edmonton doing, man? Why did the hockey gods have to give them the best fvcking player in the world? 

Technically, they got the first overall draft pick from years of sucktitude, so they got the best player in the world by being incredibly bad. 

Hockey gods makes Edmonton bad, Edmonton being bad gets them the best player in the world...what the fvck made him sign an 8 year extension there is the real head scratcher. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can make out Chico, Burke, KK, and Marty.  I have no idea about any of the others, but sweet collection regardless.  Well done!

You could check out the full list on my site...players who played a single game straight through to the winningest goalie in history. 

I even have a Rollie Melanson, who played a single period as a Devil.