The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, it doesn’t star Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, I’m not sure what you expected hip hop wise. It’s a Broadway show. 

And I don’t take offense, I’m aware of how middle aged and white I am lol. As evidenced by my 90’s example of rappers above (intentional, I went back and changed them lol). 

22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Man this is the most jarring thing I’ve ever read haha. I have paid $0 to Hamilton; I listen to the soundtrack WEEKLY on spotify and I’ve watched it a dozen times on Disney+. 

I’m someone who likes to pretend to himself that he has great taste in music. I listen to podcasts that break down some of the best albums of all time and feel like I know “what to look for” when a new artist drops a new album, and specifically in the rap genre it’s rare that a major label drops an album I won’t listen to. 

Hamilton is just... perfection. Laugh out loud funny at parts. Legitimately weeping at other parts. Stupidly entertaining, like “It feels like it’s been 15 minutes but we’re in the 2nd hour of the play” entertaining. Historically accurate for the most part which is unique for Broadway. Brilliant, brilliant writing, choreography, vocals. 

It is the best thing I have ever watched and it is not close. Different strokes for different folks and if you really just didn’t like it, I’m not going to convince you otherwise. But this made me feel like I was in 4th grade and someone told me they hated Christmas. My only reaction is.... “how?”. 

EDIT: and since you’re talking about middle aged white dudes, it feels like I should at least list my favorite Hip Hop / rap albums of all time. “Hamilton” would slot in at number 4. just ahead of Dre.

1. To Pimp A Butterfly

(huge gap)

2. The Marshall Mathers LP

3. Illmatic 

4. The Chronic

I'm definitely not trying to sway your guys opinion on the show either. Music is always up to individual interpretation in ones likes and dislikes. I'm sure there are people who ended up not liking it they just didn't talk much about as the people who love it.

I don't know any people in my circle who actually saw it or even care to see it though so I've never had the chance to talk about the show before lol

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I'm definitely not trying to sway your guys opinion on the show either. Music is always up to individual interpretation in ones likes and dislikes. I'm sure there are people who ended up not liking it they just didn't talk much about as the people who love it.

I don't know any people in my circle who actually saw it or even care to see it though so I've never had the chance to talk about the show before lol

Of course not, because you're way too hip hop. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's more good news. 

I guess that's how they will....Bear the loss of Hamilton. 

Yeah I think it's safe to say Hamilton is definitely gone from Carolina...DeAngelo and Bear look to be recovery moves.  Just hope Hamilton really is coming here.

Years ago when me and the wife were looking at houses (this was in 2012), there was one she really loved (I did like it myself, not as much as her, but definitely enough that I would've been fine living there).  While we were deciding on an offer to make, someone else swooped in and snagged it.  She was a teary mess...said she had already had us moved in, could picture where our stuff would've gone, etc.  Fortunately we wound up finding an even better place, but at the time she was very upset.

Anyway, yeah, suffice it to say that I already have Hamilton moved in.  And man will it suck if this somehow doesn't happen.

1 minute ago, Aitchmack said:

I wouldn't be unhappy with that, but would that mean the team is trading Subban?

Kulikov is a bottom left defenseman. But if we have a good option for subban, why not? I want subban in the roster before deadline, but hamilton will take most of his minutes.

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

not to call you out specifically but can we try to stick to actual legit sources? this dude has 410 followers. I have more than that lol. 

Dude has close to 2k followers including legit sources such as Amanda Stein, Chris Ryan and Erica Watcher, believe he has a media pass and asks questions on devils press calls.  He doesn't have the check but he has been reliable so far. 

• Like 1