The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

Just now, SterioDesign said:

i honestly think both sides know they will make it happen. they just gotta work on the structure and all the details, no movement clause and all that.

But im also aware that it could just go south but i don't think so

I feel like if it was that, we would already be hearing rumblings that other offers are at play. 

Just now, DevilMinder said:

Too late to look back to Carolina Dougie, they replaced you

Yeah they clearly moved on.  Interesting that we haven't heard of another suitor as of yet.  

1 minute ago, jagknife said:
GOOD-FREAKING-BYE

OK i admit it, I saw this part first and almost expected the tweet to say something about Hamilton signing elsewhere or talks breaking down.  Glad it's just Tennyson moving on.

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If we miss out on Dougie and the fill-in is Will Butcher, I am going to be displeased. 

Yeaaaaah….

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

OK i admit it, I saw this part first and almost expected the tweet to say something about Hamilton signing elsewhere or talks breaking down.  Glad it's just Tennyson moving on.

My apologies

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If we miss out on Dougie and the fill-in is Will Butcher, I am going to be displeased. 

If the Devils miss out on Dougie, I'm simply going to give up on the idea that the Devils can ever shop anywhere above the mid-tier aisle, as far as UFA goes.  I'll also resign myself to the fact that they'll have to build it almost entirely from within, and occasionally trade whatever surplus of youth they have for an existing contact (a player that doesn't have the Devils on his no-trade list of course) .  Not that it can't be done...just that it will suck knowing that occasionally a perfect high-profile final-piece kind of player won't show much interest in coming to NJ...unless it's to drive up an offer from a team he really wants to play for.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If the Devils miss out on Dougie, I'm simply going to give up on the idea that the Devils can ever shop anywhere above the mid-tier aisle, as far as UFA.  I'll also resign myself to the fact that they'll have to build it almost entirely from within, and occasionally trade whatever surplus of youth they have for an existing contact (a player that doesn't have the Devils on his no-trade list of course) .  Not that it can't be done...just that it will suck knowing that occasionally a perfect high-profile final-piece kind of player won't show much interest in coming to NJ...unless it's to drive up an offer from a team he really wants to play for.   

I'm starting to fear that we are being used for leverage. 

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm starting to fear that we are being used for leverage. 

Thought has crossed my mind, but usually you hear about such things, especially who the other team(s) might be.  Haven't heard a peep about that so far.  

I would be more paranoid about the whole leverage thing if there was someone, ANYone else out there rumored with Hamilton in the last week or so apart from Carolina and their lowball sh!t.

Hell some teams that might have been rumored before today spent themselves out of offering the money it would take.  Both sides have a lot to lose if this blows up.  This kinda does smell like Carlos Beltran trying to beg the Yankees to beat the Mets offer at the last minute though even that was pretty well known at the time, in this case show me evidence of someone actually BEING that other team he 'really' wants to go to before I get sky is falling fatalistic.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Some word vomit but I’ll try to summarize how I feel right now.

It feels like a Devils playoff game. Maybe a game-7. Something that we’ve been thinking of for ages and talking about for ages. And it feels like the Devils jumped out to a psychotic 5-0 lead in the first period. Celebrating, grinning from ear to ear, ready to pop champagne. 

Now it feels like 5-2 at the end of the first intermission. Still feeling confident. Still thinking it’ll happen. Still anticipating good results. But sorta thinking “man. if they lose NOW? it’ll be something that haunts the franchise and haunts us fans forever.” 

I feel it like this is 5-3 now and we are goin into PK situation.