The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I'm not going there yet. The Devils will sign him, there are a lot of things to discuss in a SEVEN year contract. I don't think there are many other suitors at the figure the Devils are offering. Carolina basically can't afford him anymore at $9m; they still have several positions to fill including re-signing Svechnikov. I think he's ours, and we'll get something today. 

The first word of my post was "If"...I definitely want to believe that this is still going to get done in the end.  Part of the reason is like you and I and others have noted, we haven't heard of some dark-horse suitor with money to spend jumping in.  I do think Carolina has absolutely turned the page on him...they traded for Bear and signed DeAngelo (not like either one was for big, cap-killing money though).  They've signed a couple of goalies too...does seem like they had a price in mind for Hamilton that they weren't willing to exceed.

We've seen other long-term signings go off without a hitch...I'm not sure exactly WHAT'S up, but sure seems like there's some snags here.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Some word vomit but I’ll try to summarize how I feel right now.

It feels like a Devils playoff game. Maybe a game-7. Something that we’ve been thinking of for ages and talking about for ages. And it feels like the Devils jumped out to a psychotic 5-0 lead in the first period. Celebrating, grinning from ear to ear, ready to pop champagne. 

Now it feels like 5-2 at the end of the first intermission. Still feeling confident. Still thinking it’ll happen. Still anticipating good results. But sorta thinking “man. if they lose NOW? it’ll be something that haunts the franchise and haunts us fans forever.” 

How i feel right now is precisely like when we played game 7 against the hurricane...

When Kypreos reported the signing. I felt like when we took the lead 3-2.

All those new reports kind of keel like when they tied the game late in the 3rd. Bummed but there's still a chance, lets keep on waiting.

I'm just hoping we don't get the Staal winning goal metaphorically.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

How i feel right now is precisely like when we played game 7 against the hurricane...

When Kypreos reported the signing. I felt like when we took the lead 3-2.

All those new reports kind of keel like when they tied the game late in the 3rd. Bummed but there's still a chance, lets keep on waiting.

I'm just hoping we don't get the Staal winning goal metaphorically.

And I was at that fvcking game, just glad no one was sitting in front of me.  Nope, did not hang around for the handshakes

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Eklund is not a source and (at least a while ago) was a bannable offense lmao even being posted.

I was in 230 row 2 seat 7 and i broke my hand on the column outside of the section.

Ok you win, but if there was a column in front we may have visited the same doctor

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Lol just like the dude he is replacing.  

The Ric Flair stuff should have died the day Hall was traded. 

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Eklund is not a source and (at least a while ago) was a bannable offense lmao even being posted.

I was in 230 row 2 seat 7 and i broke my hand on the column outside of the section.

Should have sued the team for pain and suffering, might have even won the lawsuit 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

My seats at the time were in 209 but I went with a friend to section 2 which was behind the Carolina goal. I watched someone throw down their jersey as they left

The MSG show will cover all 3 teams, but draft night was cool, seemed like it was more than half Deviks with Erika and Bryce, even though they had Gianone and Moloney in the studio too. Got the DVR set earlier.