The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Shame how Butcher has fallen, wonder what the future considerations are... 

Yeah it is a shame.  He had a strong first season with sheltered minutes but got exposed when he took John Moore's spot the following season and played against stronger competition.

Outside of Kevin Hayes, how many other of these college holdouts actually do well past their first NHL season?

• Like 1

Well done Fitz, VERY well done.

MB3’s take was probably the most accurate, as far as a fan’s take goes…they were locked into each other pretty much from the get-go, and needed some time to get it all done.  I’m guessing if any other suitors checked in with Hamilton’s camp, they were rebuffed.  Seemed like once negotiations are well underway, it was simply a case of closing it out…for both sides.  

• Like 1

Just now, Aitchmack said:

And the announcement the Devils make? They've trade Butcher to Buffalo for future considerations.

This is the kind of tree that people were criticizing yesterday. Now that we got rid of Butcher by doing it, everyone OK?

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Shame how Butcher has fallen, wonder what the future considerations are... 

Think it was just about getting his cap hit off the books.  Hamilton and Smith have made him completely obsolete.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah it is a shame.  He had a strong first season with sheltered minutes but got exposed when he took John Moore's spot the following season and played against stronger competition.

Outside of Kevin Hayes, how many other of these college holdouts actually do well past their first NHL season?

Adam Fox

Alex Kerfoot

I went grocery shopping on my way home from base and OF COURSE HE SIGNED DURING THAT TIME

AND BUTCHER TRADED?!

Just now, SterioDesign said:

we're like $853,334 away from reaching the floor.

We MAY reach it with Sharangovich and Kuokkanen's contracts........ maybe.........

And when we acquire Tarasenko, of course 

13 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I have a soft spot for Butcher since he choose to sign here in a time no one else would. I hope he figures it out and gets back to that promising play he had when he first got here. He never would have gotten to play at this point.

I don’t disagree, but after the first season, he was basically roster filler. I respect that he wanted to come here, but not to the point where I could justify keeping him. 

So we'd need some bottom 6 help OR some top 6 dropping Bratt to the 3rd line

Kuokkanen - Hughes - Sharangovich

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt

Wood -  ??? - Johnsson

Foote - McLeod - ???

Holtz - Mercer - Clarke

Graves - Hamilton

Smith - Severson

Siegenthaler - Subban

Bahl - Walsh

Blackwood

Bernier