The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let’s also point out that I’m not sure Zajac is even looking to come back. He implied that part of why he left is because the team got so young and he is old and he felt out of place. I don’t think he would be looking to put himself back into that situation. 

I also started off by saying that I doubt it would happen.  I don't think there's all that much interest on either side...I was more pointing out that he could fill a potential short-term need.

I'm sure there's other solutions there, but not sure Boqvist would be one of them (for what a Zajac-type brings)...he's had almost no time on the PK as an NHLer.  But being that he's not far from his 23rd birthday and is now four seasons removed from his draft year...time to see what he can do, and if he's going to be someone worth keeping (or hopefully ups his value enough to be moved for someone else...think Bergfors doing just enough to be a key piece in Kovy deal). 

One thing I really like about Sterio's roster...apparently gone are the days where the Devils had "young but filler/temporary" guys...the Seneys, the Lappins, the Qs...among others...sure, most of them knew that they may never get as good of a shot to get a look, and for the most part you got a lot of effort from them, but they clearly weren't legit prospects and you knew that the idea was to replace them with better players.  We'll find out which group Boqvist belongs in.  

6 minutes ago, nessus said:

That’s really not a baad deal at all

Yeah I thought it would be for more AAV for sure.  Sterio nailed that one (he had $4.5 million per year in his mock lineup).

Get the feeling Tarasenko to NJ just became that much more of a thing.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He’s not Saad about it. 

Admittedly I was hoping he might be coming here, but can't say I'm maad about it.  

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Man can we cut the sh!t with no-name losers on twitter posting rumors? It just gets me unnecessarily excited. He’s taking a guess based on tons of legitimate speculation in hopes of looking like an actual “insiderrrrr” if it clicks. 

Sure let's all not post exciting hockey rumours on a hockey message board when we had nothing exciting to post about for years because.... your emotions. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I was thinking more because unverified rumors are disallowed on this website and have been for 10+ years, as specifically said earlier in this thread by the owner of the fvcking website. But you do you, lil princess. 

I am reporting that the Devils have traded a 2022 conditional 2nd for Tarasenko, no salary retained. My source is the weird little itchy thing in my butt that I want to go get looked at. I've got 16,700 posts on this forum, I'm totally reliable, trust me.

In fairness, his ass itch has 20,000 followers and is verified. 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I was thinking more because unverified rumors are disallowed on this website and have been for 10+ years, as specifically said earlier in this thread by the owner of the fvcking website. But you do you, lil princess. 

I am reporting that the Devils have traded a 2022 conditional 2nd for Tarasenko, no salary retained. My source is the weird little itchy thing in my butt that I want to go get looked at. I've got 16,700 posts on this forum, I'm totally reliable, trust me.

you were not "thinking more" you specifically said you didn't want that because of your emotions lol who's backtracking now lol 

Just now, MB3 said:

Pagnotta (thefourthperiod, who is very much verified) says nothing done yet but Parise 1 year deal is likely and they’re still working on a multi year deal for Palmieri, which, yikes.

Unless "multi year" means 2, I think I would be hesitant to do that. 

Just now, MB3 said:

Pagnotta (thefourthperiod, who is very much verified) says nothing done yet but Parise 1 year deal is likely and they’re still working on a multi year deal for Palmieri, which, yikes.

If he's the player he was before last year, and it's for roughly the same amount of money and only for about 3 seasons, it'll work out.  If he's 2020-21 Palms...yikes indeed.  Feels like the Devils got his best, and probably moved on at just the right time.  I'd only offer him a year myself...not saying the Devils should do it, just that if I was the GM of another team and needed a RW who until recently could be counted on to put some pucks in the net, he'd be on my list.  

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Yup. And no terms of anything, of course. Just "contract". 

I can see the meme:

SIGNED!  

THIS GUY!

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

if I was the GM of another team and needed a RW who until recently could be counted on to put some pucks in the net, he'd be on my list.  

To the extent that anyone needs someone who used to be counted on to score goals, I would agree with that. One year, maybe two if all other considerations allow it. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can see the meme:

SIGNED!  

THIS GUY!

Term is UnspecifiedNumber/Unspecified Years.