The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I suspect CR1976 does. 

He does, and I had a purchaser who worked for me for a couple of years that was about 50% Roz and 50% Ursula.  And 100% unlikable.  

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i have a bad feeling the Islanders will get Tarasenko

But then if he sh!ts the bed there then i'll have good feelings later

Starting to feel like if Fitz is still in the market for a Top 6 forward, it's going to be someone that we weren't expecting at all.  

On 7/28/2021 at 2:52 PM, mfitz804 said:

I watched the entirety of Breaking Bad, but never even attempted Better Call Saul. That is a wrong that must be righted. 

YES!  BCS isn’t as intense as BB mostly, but it is a fascinating character study.  

On 7/28/2021 at 2:54 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Yes it is. Better Call Saul is the best show on TV.

Hard to argue that, but as much as I like the whole BB series I liked Deadwood even more.  Deadwood is, IMO, the best written show in television history.  

2 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

YES!  BCS isn’t as intense as BB mostly, but it is a fascinating character study.  

Hard to argue that, but as much as I like the whole BB series I liked Deadwood even more.  Deadwood is, IMO, the best written show in television history.  

I watched the first two episodes last night and was ehh about it. I will keep it going, character shows like that often take some building.

Agree totally about Deadwood, that was a fantastic show and I re-watch it just about once a year. I was mildly disappointed with the movie that came out a couple years ago, I feel like they tried but failed to recapture the essence of the original. 

But I could run quotes from that show all day long, you San Francisco C******er. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I watched the first two episodes last night and was ehh about it. I will keep it going, character shows like that often take some building.

Agree totally about Deadwood, that was a fantastic show and I re-watch it just about once a year. I was mildly disappointed with the movie that came out a couple years ago, I feel like they tried but failed to recapture the essence of the original. 

But I could run quotes from that show all day long, you San Francisco C******er. 

why are you censoring the word cucumber? 

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Be patient. The first couple of seasons of BCS move a bit slow at times. Your patience will pay off, trust me on that. Ozark is like that too- I was about ready to give up on that one. Glad I didn’t lol.

Edited by MadDog2020