The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The surgery worked for whatever MMA fighter to return to the octagon. I'd argue the punishment they endure in one match/training is comparable.

Probably worse. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

I just read this on twitter "I trust that Lou Lamoriello will do his due diligence in evaluating Tarasenko’s health. "

lolol Buddy is obviously not aware that Lou handed Ryan Clowe a 5 years contract 4.8aav eventhough all signs were pointing that he was almost done and sure enough he spent more than half that contrat on LTIR. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I just read this on twitter "I trust that Lou Lamoriello will do his due diligence in evaluating Tarasenko’s health. "

lolol Buddy is obviously not aware that Lou handed Ryan Clowe a 5 years contract 4.8aav eventhough all signs were pointing that he was almost done and sure enough he spent more than half that contrat on LTIR. 

I bet that person doesn’t have the Checkmark of Truth. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

In the five seasons leading up to Lou signing him, Clowe only missed a total of 32 GP…it wasn’t like he had this history of constantly being out of the lineup.  Doesn’t mean that I approved the signing at the time…I thought it was risky as hell, and yeah, it went horribly horribly wrong.

I’d also assume that if Lou wasn’t diligent enough then, he sure as hell would be now.  GMs are certainly capable of learning from past mistakes.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In the five seasons leading up to Lou signing him, Clowe only missed a total of 32 GP…it wasn’t like he had this history of constantly being out of the lineup.  Doesn’t mean that I approved the signing at the time…I thought it was risky as hell, and yeah, it went horribly horribly wrong.

I’d also assume that if Lou wasn’t diligent enough then, he sure as hell would be now.  GMs are certainly capable of learning from past mistakes.

Well how many games he missed during the 5 years before is irrelevant really. Back then players would play through concussions and when he was with the devils and collided with Alex Steen which ended his career. That was his 4th concussion of his career. So he already had 3 and the next one ended his career. That's not coming out of nowhere. When we got him i remember some fans being worried about that too, especially when he signed for 5 years. And sure enough...

Edited by SterioDesign

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That sounds like a career-ending kind of mistake, if proven to have happened.  Goddamn…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s ‘banned from the sport for life’ sh!t. Just ask Pete Rose.

Oh agree.  That’s more what I meant.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

True or not, his wife sold him out HARD. 

Yeah those were BRUTAL texts. 

Yeah that's a huge mess overall... if this is all true he's obviously a sh!t head dealing with major issues. And she was obviously desperately reaching out for help, but i'm not sure throwing him under the bus publicly and ruin his career/life will help their situation for the best