The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

I can't imagine Fitz reaches for Muk and trades him for a risk like Tarasenko.  But then again, I'm awful at valuing trades.

By the way, does no one think that Tyce Thompson comes up and surprises everyone this year?  Personally I think the kid looked rather promising when he was up with the big club.  He had a hell of a motor and I think he certainly out played someone like Merkeley who I think played the same type of role.

His stats from college show that it took him a year to adjust to the game and new competition, but he killed it his second year and was captain, playing at a ppg rate during the covid season.  I think the kid can bounce between the show and the A this season if he doesn't take another step like he showed he can do.

image.png.6560b4bf60170a7beb97e731e0879bbd.png

• Like 5

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

for Tarasenko i think I would offer Johnsson maybe or/and prospect (depending which prospect) + a 3rd conditional pick that turns into a 2nd if Tarasenko plays X amount of games.

It’s funny…on one hand, I see a proposal like this (and some of the others) and think “Is a guy like Johnsson and some other meh-ish stuff gonna get it done?”  But then I take another look and wonder what Tarasenko‘s actual trade value really is.  It’s not like anyone has stepped up to nab him yet…maybe it really won’t take all that much to take a chance on him.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It’s funny…on one hand, I see a proposal like this (and some of the others) and think “Is a guy like Johnsson and some other meh-ish stuff gonna get it done?”  But then I take another look and wonder what Tarasenko‘s actual trade value really is.  It’s not like anyone has stepped up to nab him yet…maybe it really won’t take all that much to take a chance on him.

the big thing is having a team able to take on his full salary so that's helping the take off some value

I see on twitter islanders fans wanting to trade beauvillier for him and other guys. i sure wouldnt do that, they are established nhlers that does pretty well. then its not as much as a good gamble

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Very refreshing how Fitz keeps on saying "but without sacrificing the future" 

It would be too early in the process to do that now.  If they get to a point where it feels like one particular final piece will get them over the hump, I can see Fitz pulling the trigger.  But yeah, glad he’s not trying to force things at this point.

57 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I can't imagine Fitz reaches for Muk and trades him for a risk like Tarasenko.  But then again, I'm awful at valuing trades.

By the way, does no one think that Tyce Thompson comes up and surprises everyone this year?  Personally I think the kid looked rather promising when he was up with the big club.  He had a hell of a motor and I think he certainly out played someone like Merkeley who I think played the same type of role.

His stats from college show that it took him a year to adjust to the game and new competition, but he killed it his second year and was captain, playing at a ppg rate during the covid season.  I think the kid can bounce between the show and the A this season if he doesn't take another step like he showed he can do.

No, you’re spot on - Tarasenko’s value is not that high where we should be throwing in first round picks from last season. I’d think a mid-level prospect and a 2nd would do it.

Also agree about Thompson. I keep thinking about including him in the trade and then catching myself because he skyrocketed up our prospect list, he was that good. 

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Tyce has great raw skills. If you take raw potential in vacuum, Thompson is one of our best prospects. May be top-3. He has skating, he has shot, he is very fast and creative. But he has to put it all together, gain much more weight and muscles. Will he ever be NHL player? May be, may be not, I don`t know. It's a lot of fun to watch him, but it often turns into sympathy, rather than delight. He is nowhere close for bottom six role, he has some kind of tunnel vision, isn`t strong in forechek. And he must to be more consistent for top-6 role. I do really think Devils should try to give him  full year of AHL expirience and than try him in NHL roster. I would try to keep him as long as possible in the system. And I certainly wouldn't trade him for a temporary Tarasenko.

Edited by Guadana

I caught a few (parts of maybe 3) Bingo games at the end of the season when Holtz was playing with Tyce and.. sh!t, I can't think of who their center was but I'm sure someone here can chime in, but they were fun to watch.  Looking at Tyce and Holtz's stat line, they are a bit underwhelming for what I thought I saw, but I guess it was only about 10 games they played together, so maybe they can build on that.  Or maybe it's just a product of playing against only 3 teams that happened to be the top of the league.

Edit: Or maybe they just suck.

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

i have a feeling that Tarasenko will be an Islanders.Things are way too silent for the Islanders. And we know Lou and it's pretty easy to guess what's possibly going on. Lou is trying to make that move but doesn't want Armstrong to know how much wiggle room he has with his cap so he's not announcing his signings like Cizikas, Parise, etc etc

And then he'll announce everything at the same time

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i have a feeling that Tarasenko will be an Islanders.Things are way too silent for the Islanders. And we know Lou and it's pretty easy to guess what's possibly going on. Lou is trying to make that move but doesn't want Armstrong to know how much wiggle room he has with his cap so he's not announcing his signings like Cizikas, Parise, etc etc

Pelech filed for arbitration so many Lou will send him to the ranch for playing hardball. 

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

cap.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Hey Sterio is talking sh!t about Lou…

There’s something you don’t see every day. 

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Right after devils fans talking sh!t about the Rangers. What a crazy day. 

Now all we need is someone to mention John Quenneville’s hog and we covered all bases.